Macross, Anime and Sci-Fi in the Seattle Area

Knight26

Well I am leaving the california high desert and heading north to the Seattle Area, well working in Renton but living on the opposite side of the bay near Bremerton.

So are there any MWers up there that can recommend good places to find anime and macross merch? Good sci-fi and comic shops are a plus too.

And David H, you might be jealous of where I am going to work with your love of commerical aviation.

No way, Boeing?

During my short stint there, there was a cool little shop in Pike Place in the tourist trap area. Can't remember the name of it, it was a few years ago.

Not anime related but do check out the B-17 over there. They wouldn't let me in the ball turret, but it was still a great experience to get in one.

There are a few shops up here in Vancouver if you ever find yourself driving north of the border. I’ve seen the B17, it’s awesome. They’ve got a B29 under wraps right now too, can’t wait to see the restoration on that complete.

Edited by peter

Kinokuniya book store in the International District has lots of anime and manga merch. Not a lot of mech stuff though except some hobby books. It's near Uwajimiya which is a large grocery store with japanese foods. It's a pretty cool area, definitely check that out.

It better not be Aerojet Rocketdyne. Been trying to get a job with them AND Boeing for months now... If my job search woes continue, I will be applying to go to UW to work on my master's degree this coming fall. If everything goes right, I'll be looking for a place to stay in the Renton area as well!

Good luck with your new job and living arrangements! Lucky bastard... grumble grumble

Welcome to the Seattle area Knight26! I too am an aviation enthusiast. Renton is cool with the 737's. Everett has the large wide body planes. You should go on a tour of the Everett plant. Largest building in the world by volume. It's longer than the SDF-1 and wider and a ton of airplanes inside.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading about 30 min north into Kirkland there is a vintage toy store called Amazing Heroes. Owner is a little rough but they have some hardcore collectibles ( modpeada , tf , go lion, gobots)

Books kinokuniya is your best bet for manga/art books , but there is a hobby shop around the corner called " international toys" or something.