Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

I might not be remembering things correctly, but wasn't the deculture episode put together so they could show something before the year was up because it was the 25th anniversary at the time?

I'm not sure I would expect them to do the same again.

Edited by Gwynne

I think the show was initially meant to debut in Fall 2007, and they had to push it back to Spring 2008, so the Deculture Editon was put together as a teaser.

So yeah, if we get a preview episode this time around, it'll be because the show isn't ready yet, and is being delayed.

I was just hoping we get something in December...a preview episode or something to hype us up.

And, as I said before, we don't want a teaser episode, because that means the show will be delayed, mostly likely. Again, that's the only reason (as far as I know) that they showed a preview ep. of Frontier.

I think one of the reasons why the Deculture edition went up in Dec 2007 was certainly so they'll have something to show for the 25th anniv., but another was most likely to secure further funding. Up to that point, Bandai wanted nothing to do with Macross, they had zero interest (remember that Yamato was the only company making MacZero merchandise), I would go as far as saying they didn't even understand it. The Deculture episode was produced without Bandai's involvement, but as soon as it aired Bandai suddenly became magically interested and became the main series sponsor. That's why you didn't see the toys until after the series had finished.

We know that they are involved from the beginning this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get this thread back on track with 1/1 goodness. Here's Minmay and gang telling us pretty much the only thing we know so far -- 2067! Be here or be squ--- triangle!

That wall o' VF-1 is awesome.

Thanks for sharing :)

Did the Satellite Company President inadvertently reveal the new series' actual name?? See Forbes article!

It has happened before, where one individual was not aware of a secret and then revealed it in an unrelated interview...

Edited by Zinjo

Well I learnt something today.The new Thunderbirds reboot was done by Satelight and that SK did some designwork on it. May have to watch it, rather than dismissing it as kids stuff.

Edited by big F

Did the Satellite Company President inadvertently reveal the new series' actual name?? See Forbes article!

It has happened before, where one individual was not aware of a secret and then revealed it in an unrelated interview...

It's still subject to change as we are still 6 months to a year away from potential premiere. Could be "Macross Isosceles Triangle" for all we know.

Well I learnt something today.The new Thunderbirds reboot was done by Satelight and that SK did some designwork on it. May have to watch it, rather than dismissing it as kids stuff.

I didn't get that from the article. The production team from TB asked Kawamori to design an aircraft for them and Satellite obliged them.

It's still subject to change as we are still 6 months to a year away from potential premiere. Could be "Macross Isosceles Triangle" for all we know.

This is also true.

Edited by Zinjo

I still say it's Macross 3: The Sentinels.