Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

The "black" VF-31 has a winged, horned, grim reaper head on the backplate.

The red one also has some kind of symbol that I can't make out on it's backplate.

Switching from delta to FSW wings and completely reworking the nose/chest transformation to be like a -25's, and adding in YF-29 cannons, is more than a "tweak". It's practically a new valk.

I was thinking like----slide up the tailfins in battroid so they line up with/fill in the gaps in the wings, and a new type or two of swappable mission pod. Not a total re-design.

I liked the 30 because it had delta wings and an interesting torso configuration----I'm very surprised those distinctive elements were removed in favor of "the stuff we already saw many times in Frontier".

Looking at my yf-30 Dx I kinda wish they went with it instead of the vf-31. It's a shame we won't get to see one in the show. BTW what does FSW stand for?

I also notice there is no nuns or sms markings on the valks shown. They must belong to different forces.

Not really digging the forearm guns on the VF-31.

If they are shell firing cannons, then with only a single barrel the rate of fire would be lower than a multi-barrelled gunpod and also looking quite small and being located on the arms, the ammo capacity would likely be very low as there is not much space to hold ammo.

However, I suspect they are beam guns, given the recent trend with the VF-27, YF-29 and VF-30 to use rapid fire beam-gunpods. But unless there has been a rapid advance in beamgun technology since Frontier & Macross 30, then there is no way they will be as powerful as a full size beam-gunpod used on the VF-27/YF-29/YF-30. To me they look only slightly larger than the hip/wing-root beamguns the VF-25 has as secondary weapons.

I'm a traditionalist, I like my VFs to have gunpods, whether they be shell firing or beamguns.

Graham

post-11-0-68258700-1446103164_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness! That Draken's color scheme of dark blue/gold is absolutely gorgeous.

I love how they have the prototypes of the toys already ready to show off. (^.^ ;)

I dunno I think the gold is a bit much. It takes it into the fantasy realm for me. Mine you it probably works for the fantasy setting they got going. I just not seeing that as Macross.

The covered cockpits will take some getting used to as well. It worked for the vf-27 though.

I'm a traditionalist, I like my VFs to have gunpods, whether they be shell firing or beamguns.

Graham

Yeah I agree. No gun pod is going To take some getting used to. Not having one to pose with the Dx is going to be weird.

The red one also has some kind of symbol that I can't make out on it's backplate.

Looking at my yf-30 Dx I kinda wish they went with it instead of the vf-31. It's a shame we won't get to see one in the show. BTW what does FSW stand for?

I also notice there is no nuns or sms markings on the valks shown. They must belong to different forces.

Front-swept wing.

So the VF-31 has the standard VF-25 torso transformation while the arms uses the YF-30 transformation. Interesting to see the other head configurations on the rest of the 31. :)

Edited by no3ljm

I dunno I think the gold is a bit much. It takes it into the fantasy realm for me. Mine you it probably works for the fantasy setting they got going. I just not seeing that as Macross.

I think they're taking cues from Norse mythology to give this fleet/planet a different atmosphere or building on the references that the franchise already had from it. Didn't the Macross 30 video game start dabbling in that previously?

Front Swept Wings, ala the 19 and the 29.

Too bad the valks seems to have the same old backpack wings in Battroid mode.

Edited by raptormesh

Front Swept Wings, ala the 19 and the 29.

Too bad the valks seems to have the same old backpack wings in Battroid mode.

The fact that the front canards merge to form the shoulder pads and plus the size of large delta wingspan would differentiate it somewhat...

Text: Aerial Knights of the Kingdom of Wind

Wait are we getting Knights of the Sky aka Escaflowne + Macross with this series?

We are used to thinking a world government for a colonized world but what if that world is split between different states with different forms of government. What if one of these countries went with the monarchy/nobility form of government?

Edited by RedWolf

Early predictions:

- Protoculture born virus could be the aftermath of Sara & Shin leaving with the AFOS (no, really this time!

- I don't see Kawamori havint dueling idol groups for no reason, likely may be something to do with a colonial disputr on how to handpe whatever Protoculture legacy threat is in play.

- Regults & Glaugs may mean more rogue Zentradi, or perhaps a fleet that autonomously developed their own culture away from human influence. Also not willing to rule out lomg lost Stellar Republic citizens packing Zentradi arms (kinda like the Marduke).

The SV-262 is dead sexy, and the VF-31 is perfrctly fine. This however is Macross, do you honestly think Kawamori doesn't have something shinnier & prettier to reveal later?

Still no U.N. Spacy insignia's in sight, looks like Big West took HG & Tatsunoko's B.S. to heart. Hoping they swing a streaming deal with Crunchyroll or Funi, leading to a final break in HG's stonewall.

Can we hopd back on the "I hate idol groups" & "This sell out Macross" 'til the preview airs? While obviously some of are cooler with 7 & Frontier than others, I fully expect a plot twist that may re-unify the fanbase. Kawamori has already made AKB0048 & Aquarion (which were both awesome). I don't expect a retread here.

The SV-262 is dead sexy, and the VF-31 is perfrctly fine. This however is Macross, do you honestly think Kawamori BANDAI doesn't have something shinnier & prettier to reveal later?

Fixed that for you. ;)

Still no U.N. Spacy insignia's in sight, looks like Big West took HG & Tatsunoko's B.S. to heart. Hoping they swing a streaming deal with Crunchyroll or Funi, leading to a final break in HG's stonewall.

Won't happen as long as the word Macross is there.

We are used to thinking a world government for a colonized world but what if that world is split between different states with different forms of government. What if one of these countries went with the monarchy/nobility form of government?

Thats where my head was going i must admit.

Time difference meant I could only see this a couple of minutes ago. I was excited and extremely suprised by what I saw. It' didn't blow me away immediately like Frontier did, but I was encouraged.

I fully expected Kawamori to go full AKB0048 with the new Macross series (Idols and young girls sell guys, get over it) and instead there was lot more of what looked like a neo-medieval fantasy thing going on. Almost reminded me a bit of dare i say Escaflowne?

The Valks are impressive and I was happy to see some good old Zentran action. The character designs I didn't like too much, but I suppose that after 3,4 episodes one gets used to them.

I hope we have a really good script for this one.

Lol why is the idea of Kawamori-san liking idols so egregious to you? I recall him being pretty enthusiastic about it in interviews around the time the show was premiering. But of course you'll just say he had to seem enthusiastic for promotion.

Reminds me of the people who assume every element of a production they don't like is not the fault of people they like. E.g: Ant-Man and people attributing all the good stuff to Edgar Wright and the bad stuff to Peyton Reed

I am basing my opinion on his collected works over the past 30 years, not just one show.

Perhaps he's had a change of heart after all this time writing other types of fiction, or perhaps he was indeed promoting a show his studio was producing. We all know THAT never happens, all show directors never promote shows they are working on for the sake of the product.

Either way it is not a story genre he typically writes outside of Macross, which is my initial point.

Edited by Zinjo

Wow I just saw the posters with the opposing idol groups...

Seriously? Sailormoon Sentai Valk?

Ok I'd like the Yellowpilotsingermadoka with a side of tsundere please.

You said it man.

You guys should totally not watch the show, it definitely won't be for you.

i mean since doing basic research that shows this isn't what the show is about at all is clearly beyond your means, then you should stick to judging things based on one image.

Text: Aerial Knights of the Kingdom of Wind

Wait are we getting Knights of the Sky aka Escaflowne + Macross with this series?

Hmmm, good point. Hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it. That would be interesting too.

Perhaps the Zentradi forces are there to guard a PC bio-weapons lab and the colonists inadvertently release the virus into the wild?

Edited by Zinjo

Didn't they do that with the NUNS insignia? They stopped using the UNS Kite for Frontier. If they want to release it to the West they simply have to change the name to something like "Protoculture Legacy" or something. It sidesteps the trademark HG has on Macross. Granted they'll have to stop referring to the Macross ships by that name also.

You guys should totally not watch the show, it definitely won't be for you.

i mean since doing basic research that shows this isn't what the show is about at all is clearly beyond your means, then you should stick to judging things based on one image.

Whoa, whoa whoa...I even said I like the yellow one.

That being said, aren't marketing posters for media supposed to inform the audience on what it's all about at a glance? ;) Though if anyone has any ideas beyond speculation what this about I'm all ears.

If they are shell firing cannons, then with only a single barrel the rate of fire would be lower than a multi-barrelled gunpod and also looking quite small and being located on the arms, the ammo capacity would likely be very low as there is not much space to hold ammo.

However, I suspect they are beam guns, given the recent trend with the VF-27, YF-29 and VF-30 to use rapid fire beam-gunpods. But unless there has been a rapid advance in beamgun technology since Frontier & Macross 30, then there is no way they will be as powerful as a full size beam-gunpod used on the VF-27/YF-29/YF-30. To me they look only slightly larger than the hip/wing-root beamguns the VF-25 has as secondary weapons.

Graham

I don't think there's any reason why they can't or don't have gunpods. Those forearm guns can be stored so they still have the ability to hold one or any other auxilary weaponry. Just have to see if there is the usual "in between hands and legs" hardpoint for it in fighter mode. Besides, the battroid silhouette in the trailer looks like it has a gunpod.

Is my mind playing tricks on me or are some elements of Delta similar to the Air Cavalry Chronicles design series that Kawamori did?

I was just thinking it might have Escaflowne-esque vibes, which was what Air Calvary Chronicles eventually turned into.

I should of lowered my expectations a bit. Really didn't like the male character designs. I'm not digging the female idol group vibe. But at least they're doing something different and the SV-262 looks sexy. I wonder if it's still a love triangle. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

You know, Delta look and sound very colorful right now.

Are we going to see any characters death in the show? It's not Macross without character deaths.

I hope we see half the boy and girl band dead by the end of the show. :angry:

Wow. Way to set that standard high dude.

Is it possible to block people on MW like on FB?

I really don't need this sort of negativity.

I should of lowered my expectations a bit. Really didn't like the male character designs. I'm not digging the female idol group vibe. But at least they're doing something different and the SV-262 looks sexy. I wonder if it's still a love triangle. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, it's never a good thing to get too hype over something. Hope is the first step towards disappointment after all.

I'm actually kind of let down after all this, but i'm still going to watch the show and buy the valk..so oh well. :p

And to other board members who attacks other members for not liking what they're seeing so far. Try to be more mature and be respectful of other people's opinion. :rolleyes:

For a forum made up of 30+ something men you guys sure act immature when it comes to your japanese robot cartoons.

Japanese cartoons are serious business man!

But honestly, if Delta turns out to be good I'll praise it, if not I'll slam it. Then i'll move on to something else. seriously, why so serious?