Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Could it be a major spoiler...somehow linked to the fact that this is planetside, i wonder if it all leads back to the origins in SDFM?

Or it could just be a recycled old junk re-used for combat or some work...

Maybe old prejudices from way back to Space War I creeping back into the forefront (for this fleet at least)?

Edited by Einherjar

I am ready for the pre-orders. Looking at the posters there are what I am guessing are the hero valks, 5 VF-31 and 6 Sv-262, buying 3 of each we'll have 33 Valks. :lol:

33 valks! who needs a car eh? we should just take the bus/train/walk/cycle to work...

262 looks like an Episode 1 Naboo fighter.

VF-31 is pretty derivative. They basically slammed the Messiah Battroid into a Durandal Fighter.

At least they seemed to played down the uniboob and flattened it a bit.

Not crazy about either mode to be honest.

Character design looks very Frontier. Looks like they are playing it safe since Frontier did well.

Have you not seen the YF-30? The battroid looks like the YF-30, which is a semi-derivative of the 25.

Didn't get to see the trailer but at first impression i'm not liking the direction this is going. Delta looks like it's going farther in the otaku-moe direction than Frontier did and looks to be losing most of the aspects of Macross that drew me to the series. Hopefully the story blows me away but i'm officially worried now.

Edit: Just saw the trailer. It's alleviated my fears a bit but i'm still worried.

Edited by Sandman

At this moment while hyperventilating, i'm just thinking the number of re-colours of the same DX mould i have to buy to complete a "Walkurei" and "whatever-the-boys-were-called-again" squadron. And i'm crying for my wallet.

Watching that trailer in the stream gave me the same goosebumps when I saw the first frontier trailer seven years ago. Loved the shot of the new macross floating in the sky.

+1 to that..

I sort of lost my mind when the cheyenne's, regults flashed through....

The banking of the SV-262 flying took my breath away....i need to find a repeat of the trailer pronto ...

I am ready for the pre-orders. Looking at the posters there are what I am guessing are the hero valks, 5 VF-31 and 6 Sv-262, buying 3 of each we'll have 33 Valks. :lol:

LOL! 3 of each variant!?!? might have to sell EVERYTHING!

33 valks! who needs a car eh? we should just take the bus/train/walk/cycle to work...

transport is overrated! hehe!

Have you not seen the YF-30? The battroid looks like the YF-30, which is a semi-derivative of the 25.

I mean they all are to a degree, which is the point. it's getting old. Its based off that same scrunched nose pattern with the bellbottom legs.

Just saying they took two things we've seen before and made a "new" valk. Not trying to piss on parades but I'm not impressed.

Edited by Gakken85

At this moment while hyperventilating, i'm just thinking the number of re-colours of the same DX mould i have to buy to complete a "Walkurei" and "whatever-the-boys-were-called-again" squadron. And i'm crying for my wallet.

dont cry for your wallet, cry for your credit card...

i suspect you wont be alone in that regard :p

Why are they still using the cheyene from macross zero?

so that they can rape our credit cards...:p

The building design is super fantasy looking. Like Final Fantasy haha.

Not a bad thing but it's def the most original element.

Yes delta is looking like more a medieval fantasy vibe planetside....its different to say the least from the usual space background we have been accustomed to...

Why are they still using the cheyene from macross zero?

Looks like the one from Frontier to me. It doesn't have just the gatlings like the zero one.

Hmm, modified regults, glaugs, and destroids. Maybe a reason to expand to the DX line? j/k

Edited by wmkjr

I have car, but commute to work and home via bus, parking is expensive in downtown ($300+/month). That money can be best used for buying toys. :D

LOL! 3 of each variant!?!? might have to sell EVERYTHING!

transport is overrated! hehe!

Sacrifices must be made. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing as you, all the recolors, and addon parts packs. I am already writing the eulogy for my wallet and credit cards. :lol:

Seems very OVA-ish. Anybody else getting a fantasy vibe too?

Dat red cloak.

At least it has Destroids.

Yes, I was getting the fantasy vibe from it. The architecture and uniforms of the Sv-262 faction.