Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

People seem to be very specific about what they want/expect from Macross Delta.

I just want a good script/story and great characters and everything else will be peachy in my book.

My thoughts precisely. As long as Kawamori brings us an interesting story with some likable characters and cool fighters, it's all fine to me.

Since the series is called Delta and the setting is a planet it is probably the same world Isamu got assigned to twice.

According to his record in Macross Plus.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2035

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2039

Other wars Isamu participated in.

Isamu is a trouble magnet isn't he? No wonder he gets punted one assignment to another.

So we may be seeing Delta War III in Macross Delta.

I am doubtful of that.

However it is possible "Delta" also refers to a star system like:

Delta Pavonis

Delta Capricorni

Delta Cassiopeiae

or any other system they can dream up.

Kirishima is best boat bear.

(brings a whole new definition to "shipping", though)

True enough. But... but... those engines. Looking at Yuki-chan in your avatar I suppose I don't see it happening without a Pinocchio but it would be entertaining. Also, speaking of Satelight... who will get the gradient hair?

That aside I sort of thought when Δ was the code name it might just be a clever way to refer to it as the 4th broadcast Macross series with undertones of romance more than death and whatnot. I suppose we'll see.

Edited by stray

People seem to be very specific about what they want/expect from Macross Delta.

I just want a good script/story and great characters and everything else will be peachy in my book.

I actually don't care about good story and great characters. All I want is great animation that will make me gasp in amazement and fantastic music that will make me groove out! For me, the story and characters would be the cherry on the top. :)

And after having been to his lectures and spent a bunch of time recently getting a personal tour of his exhibit with the man himself, after which we discussed stealth in Valkyrie design, I think I have as much of a grasp on his design philosophy as anyone else.

And I give the man the respect he is due by sticking the the facts and what he says without resorting to 'fan-wank.'

I take the time and effort I do to report these facts so that fan-wank isn't necessary.

At least ask the man before resorting to such.

As I said, there was absolutely NOTHING in his language, nuance or context that would lead one to speculate like that.

If you insist on doing so regarding news I translate and report then what's the use in me doing it at all?

I might as well just stop providing information for the fans here altogether.

Hey Tochiro, is it confirmed the 05 BD release got english translations?

BR.

All I want is cool mecha designs and lots of amazingly choreographed and animated VF on VF fights set to great music. Everything else is secondary to that to me

Can't agree more. Period.

BR.

Unfortunately there is no information as to whether any of the Bluray re-releases have Englih subtitles at this point.

The Amazon listings do not mention subtitles either. This may change but IMO it is not a promising sign.

Edited by Tochiro

Unfortunately there is no information as to whether any of the Bluray re-releases have Englih subtitles at this point.

The Amazon listings do not mention subtitles either. This may change but IMO it is not a promising sign.

I guess it would depend on how well the sales on the subtitled releases did.

It would be unfortunate though. Subbed releases allow for more international sales.

Edited by Zinjo

I only own the Frontier Shooting Star BluRay Box Set which had English subtitles. Not sure if there were any versions of the Frontier TV Series BluRays/DVDs with subtitles.

If there never was any, i doubt there will be for Delta, but here's hoping.

BR.

Emailed BVC the other day and got this reply:

お問い合わせいただきました商品の件に関しましては、

「劇場版マクロスF~サヨナラノツバサ~」(品番:BCXA-1057)、

「マクロスプラス MOVIE EDITION 」(品番:BCXA-1060)ともに、

英語字幕はございませんことをご案内申し上げます。

Guess not for the other 3 as well :p

Huh. That's weird. Basically, that says that neither the second Frontier Movie "Sayonara no Tsubasa" nor the Macross Plus Movie Edition will have English subtitles. How did you phrase the question? Did you only ask about those two titles? If not, is there any reason why they would pick those two in particular instead of simply stating that none of the five will have subtitles?

Huh. That's weird. Basically, that says that neither the second Frontier Movie "Sayonara no Tsubasa" nor the Macross Plus Movie Edition will have English subtitles. How did you phrase the question? Did you only ask about those two titles? If not, is there any reason why they would pick those two in particular instead of simply stating that none of the five will have subtitles?

I only asked them if they would be including subtitles for those 2 titles.

Then again, the last time I queried regarding Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin when it was first listed as having no subtitles, they gave a similar reply :D

According to some news Kawamori declared that the antagonist Draken valk will have a unique and innovative transformation sequence unlike anything seen before in Macross... what could that mean? :blink:

That means it'll be something new. :lol:

I was mind blown by the valks in Plus but Frontier had pretty much the same sequence. I can't wait to be surprised.

How "unique" that transformation will be is anyone's guess.. he said a similar thing about the 30 and yet that retained many similarities to existing Valks, the outboard stowed arms, deploy-able missile pod & swiveling waist joint for gerwalk being the major exceptions.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Draken Valk's engine displaces in a similar fashion to the YF-30 missile pod making the legs engine-less like a 21 & 22. And Its main wings will probably fold away similar to a SV-51 & VF-27.

I don't know how different the design can be in order to follow the basic principals of a Valkyrie 3 modes. The biggest change will be how the middle fuselage / lower to upper chest section for Battroid will deform. The cockpit will still have to remain central to the upper torso in some way or another when in battroid and its legs deploy in the same downward & forward motion to existing Valks in gerwalk. Maybe the air intakes will be part of the upper arm & shoulders?

Who knows it might not even get a 3 mode transformation!?!? or at least in the traditional sense. Maybe its gerwalk mode won't have arms or something? That might be its "unique" design feature!?!?

Edited by spanner76

I actually don't care about good story and great characters. All I want is great animation that will make me gasp in amazement and fantastic music that will make me groove out! For me, the story and characters would be the cherry on the top. :)

I'm taking for granted that the animation and music are gonna be amazing. It's Macross after all :D

According to some news Kawamori declared that the antagonist Draken valk will have a unique and innovative transformation sequence unlike anything seen before in Macross... what could that mean? :blink:

It'll turn into a Dragon as an alt mode. :p

A liquid-metal valkyrie, just transforms in wathever form it likes (?)

God please no. That "technology" resulted in some terrible Transformers toys. For Valkyries I would like a transformation rooted in reality.

[edit:]

Nosecone should placed at the crotch area sticking straight out with a laser gun right at the tip.

Pew pew pew....

j/k

:)

I would be all in for ZoE x Macross. ^_^

Edited by Scyla