Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

BTW, AFAIK, the numbered tickets of the stage events tomorrow will be distributed and those ones will be disappeared so early.

[/font][/color]

I have already arrived and waiting in line.

I asked about the numbered ticket to the staffs of this event. And the answer is no such ones are needed. *facepalm*

I got 2 tickets for the 2 events 2 years ago as I said before.

I also came to the venue (Tokyo Big Sight) last year, but there were no events which fascinated me at the time.

The rule might have been changed last year. *sigh*

Ah, but anyway, I just have to wait for the opening time for about 35 munites. It' not too bad for me...

Edited by antibiotictab

I asked about the numbered ticket to the staffs of this event. And the answer is no such ones are needed. *facepalm*

I also came to the venue (Tokyo Big Sight) last year, but there were no events which fascinated me at the time.

Ah, but anyway, I just have to wait for the opening time for about 35 munites. It' not too bad for me...

Your journalism is greatly appreciated. I anticipate your updates with high expectations :)

Have fun antibiotictab! B)) Will await for your good news. ;)

Please extend our love for us to the Macross community there. :)

Have fun antibiotictab! B)) Will await for your good news. ;)

Please extend our love for us to the Macross community there. :)

I can see a certain MF member who also is waiting. He is standing in line as far as my eyes can reach.

That's awesome Yeti ... solves the forward swept wing debate for me at least.

As for the symbol, I did a google image search and the closest thing was the hood symbol for a Nissian Silvia

NOaQkF7.png

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I *really* hope this doesn't mean the theory it's about racing is correct.

I just want a big intergalactic war, is that too much to ask? :D

Good find. Not sure why the silvia has a logo on its own. But I long suspected that Nissan and Kawamori are somehow intimately linked. He designed that mecha version of the Nissan Dualis. Also there was a Nissan Frontier pickup truck. Coincidence? Hmm. *Xfiles music*

I'm actually looking forward to VF vs VF dogfight scenes after looking at the picture.. it would be nice if NUNS squares off with anti UN, rebel, or rogue zentran fleet, hence the shift of focus to VF combat.

But then again macross without music and love triangle, is not macross.

On a note I agree that the red VF looks similar to saab J-35 draken.

The new variable fighter definitely looks like a follow on from the YF-30, which makes a lot of sense considering it got a DX Chogokin.

I did a quick news piece on Forbes about it too:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/25/upcoming-macross-delta-anime-shows-off-its-new-art-and-logo/

Wow my friend. Job well done👍👍

Considering the many nuances over 30 + years of Macross, you did a great job of rounding up.

To a Forbes audience no less!

Cheers mate!!

B

Some hints dropped by Kawamori during today's panel.

(Going from memory and via my phone on-site):

-The Valkyrie in the key visual is indeed influenced by the Draken. Recent real life plane designs tend to look similar due to stealth tech/designs elements. Therefore a fight between two Valkyries based on modern stealth planes wouldn't be that interesting. Similarly, they would be difficult to differentiate between in animation/dogfights.

Kawamori liked the Draken when he was growing up, so he drew upon it for inspiration. Similarly, he referred to it as a Valkyrie so it does actually transform.

-The white and blue valk is a logical progression on Valkyries seen to date. The 'Draken' valk is an all original transformation and this posed more of a challenge.

-Different thruster colors - in-universe the Valkyries engine are made by different companies. The coloring also makes them easier to distinguish visually.

-The relatively bright coloring of the white and blue valk is also an attempt to go against the visual trend of stealth fighters.

-The Delta logo - it mainly represents the three main pillars of Macross. But the fact that the sides don't join indicates that the triangle is not a predetermined outcome. Some elements may or may not come together to necessarily form the triangle as expected.

-The planet in the background of the logo is a hint regarding the setting. Details to be revealed on Oct 29.

-Kawamori wanted to revisit valk vs valk combat in a TV series since he felt that this was something that hasn't been done in a TV iteration of Macross for a long time.

-Major details including characters and setting will happen during the live stream on Oct 29. The winner of the idol contest will also be present.

Edited by Tochiro

-The Valkyrie in the key visual is indeed influenced by the Draken. Recent planes stat to look similar due to stealth tech/designs and a fight between two Valkyries based on modern stealth planes wouldn't be that interesting. Similarly, they would be difficult to differentiate between in animation/dogfights.

Kawamori liked the Draken when he was growing up, so he drew upon it for inspiration. Similarly, he referred to it as a Valkyrie so it does actually transform.

-The white and blue valk is a logical progression on Valkyries seen to date. The 'Draken' valk is an all original transformation and this posed more of a challenge.

-Different thruster colors - in-universe the Valkyries engine are made by different companies. The coloring also makes them easier to distinguish visually.

-The relatively bright coloring of the white and blue valk is also an attempt to go against the visual trend of stealth fighters.

-The Delta logo - it mainly represents the three main pillars of Macross. But the fact that the sides don't join indicates that the triangle is not a predetermined outcome. Some elements may or may not come together to necessarily form the triangle as expected.

-The planet in the background of the logo is a hint regarding the setting. Details to be revealed on Oct 29.

-Kawamori wanted to revisit valk vs valk combat in a TV series since he felt that this was something that hasn't been done in a TV iteration of Macross for a long time.

-Major details including characters and setting will happen during the live stream on Oct 29. The winner of the idol contest will also be present.

nuggets galore!

- transforming draken? this i gotta see..would it mean a faction wont be reliant on stealth then? Would be intrigued to see why that is so...

- so the valk variant is a stealth? from the poster it looks like the draken is more stealthy.. a bright stealth fighter may be confusing to understand tho, i hope they would also have more logical stealth colors which wouldnt help chogokin sales either.

- looking forward to Oct 29 on the planet...mayhaps the frontier fleet has finally made it home somewhere...

- am gushing abt valk v valk combat! hopefully more mecha designs than an itano circus barrage....altho my wallet is starting to tighten up.....

am so excited!! :lol::lol:

The Hype Train has become a HYPE ROCKET!!!

and the rocket is about to enter fold space....sorry not sure what that means.. :lol:

-The Valkyrie in the key visual is indeed influenced by the Draken. Recent planes stat to look similar due to stealth tech/designs and a fight between two Valkyries based on modern stealth planes wouldn't be that interesting. Similarly, they would be difficult to differentiate between in animation/dogfights.

Woohoo! Some very exciting bits indeed. Good to know he's revisiting the valk vs valk aspect. I'd be extremely happy if it's Plus meets Frontier.

nuggets galore!

- transforming draken? this i gotta see..would it mean a faction wont be reliant on stealth then? Would be intrigued to see why that is so...

- so the valk variant is a stealth? from the poster it looks like the draken is more stealthy.. a bright stealth fighter may be confusing to understand tho, i hope they would also have more logical stealth colors which wouldnt help chogokin sales either.

- looking forward to Oct 29 on the planet...mayhaps the frontier fleet has finally made it home somewhere...

- am gushing abt valk v valk combat! hopefully more mecha designs than an itano circus barrage....altho my wallet is starting to tighten up.....

am so excited!! :lol::lol:

and the rocket is about to enter fold space....sorry not sure what that means.. :lol:

It might not have passive stealth but active stealth was introduced in Plus. As for the colours, I always assumed the Frontier and 7 valks were in bright colours to make them stand out vs a black, space background.

Woohoo! Some very exciting bits indeed. Good to know he's revisiting the valk vs valk aspect. I'd be extremely happy if it's Plus meets Frontier.

It might not have passive stealth but active stealth was introduced in Plus. As for the colours, I always assumed the Frontier and 7 valks were in bright colours to make them stand out vs a black, space background.

The cynic part of me wants to say they chose white blue cos its probably the cheaper ink to use..*jokes*...tho now being land based, it would make sense to blend into a sky like atmosphere....

Just to confirm what was meant with the stealth comments - he is trying to steer away from stealth elemts in REAL world designs when designing new valks.

He wasn't referring to stealth being a factor at all in Delta.

Ah i see.... thanks for clearing that up....thats good... Avoid the all transformers look alike when they move so fast syndrome....

more pronounced and charestic shapes/lines on the valks!

will eagerly anticipate the new valks line art....

Yes!! Atmospheric dogfights for the absolute win. My anxiety will only be quelled by a poster depicting one of them valks firing a weapon. Or explosions!

Else it may be lovey lovey race thing. Oh gourds...

Edited by raptormesh

Hm. Almost all of the important things have already been told, I think.

As a postscript, the stream in October will be done, but they didn't decide how to do it so far. At first, I think it'll be shown via Niconico, but it's not correct.

I have to do what I can do from now on.

There might have been more interesting stories. When those ones come up to my mind, I will add such additional info.

No model number for the valks announced yet? Going by the age of Macross I'm gonna assume Vf-32. Then it keeps the VF-40 for the eventual 40th anniversary.

No, if it was I would've mentioned as such.

That sort of major information will possibly be revealed during the Oct 29 stream or else closer to broadcast.

I don't know why, but for some reason I am getting a really big "VF vs. VF as a competitive sport" vibe from this image as well as the "Shoot (it) down."

You're not the only one.

I'm also getting a tingling feeling that Kodachi Ukyou, the writer behind "Macross the Ride" (about VF vs. VF as a competitive sport) AND "Macross 30", will be doing the major writing on this one.