Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Heh, October 29th is my birthday! They remembered........LOL :p

The craft at the back looks like some sort of Ghost to me also.

Liking what little we can make out of the VF in the foreground.

'Im Oct 28th! So I'm calling this a birthday gift, plus any Valks I pick up! The teaser artwork looks good, hope the character design are good. We should live so long that Mikimoto is back on board. B))

The front valk reminds me of a Morgan from Ace Combat but with the vertical stabilizers smaller and on a Wyvern type wings. And the other one a draken.

Edited by wmkjr

Heavy Saab Draken influence in that fighter at the back, along with a color scheme somewhat reminiscent of Nora's SV-51.

The blue and white VF definitely looks like the love child of a YF-30 and VF-19.

And yeah, I agree that is almost certainly a YF-30 type weapons pod between the legs.

Is it just me or do the lower legs of the white and blue VF seem to have a bit of Meltrandi Q-Rau styling?

Note no NUNS or SMS markings on either craft!

Maybe the marking on the tail of the blue and white VF represents Another PMC group, or possibly an independent colony?

Hope this is not an anime about VF racing........urghhhhh! As much as I enjoyed looking at the pretty pictures in the 'Macross The Ride', books I personally have zero interest in seeing an anime about VF racing.

Graham

More news was revealed on Twitter. Well, never stops...

According to the official tweet, the new Macross exclusive plamodel bland, "Macross Modellers" will be launched.

Not only one manufacturer, but some other ones also join in it.
post-14942-0-26343100-1443145736_thumb.jpg

More news was revealed on Twitter. Well, never stops...

According to the official tweet, the new Macross exclusive plamodel bland, "Macross Modellers" will be launched.

Not only one manufacturer, but some other ones also join in it.

Hopefully this extends to the toys as well. Wishful thinking.

Also, Red valk vs White/Blue one. If the one piloting the Red one wears red and wears a mask or sunglasses and the other one had special abilities I'd trip.

Edited by wmkjr

One thing is for sure. The "Hero Valk" 's air frame and basic transformation will be very similar to Frontier-era valks. Not sure if that's a good thing. As much as I loved the Frontier-era valks I was hoping for a whole new revolutionary valkyrie with new transformation scheme. But really I' m not sure how would Kawamori improve on it.

Anyway, anyone wanna start naming the Valks? :D

To continue the Arthurian theme:

VF-34 Lancelot?

VF-37 Mordred?

XD

Given that we previously heard that Delta is only set a few years after Frontier (I forget how many), it's not surprising that the airframe and basic transformation of the hero VF will likely be similar to Frontier-era / Macross 30 era VFs.

Anyway, from what we can see of the design, it's pushing all the right buttons for me so far.

I just hope it's a military VF, in a conflict / war based story.

I really don't want see a Macross anime about racing VFs, basketball playing VFs or sky surfing VFs.....yuk!

Graham

I'm over the forward-swept wing fad. It worked well enough for the YF/VF-19 I suppose, but I didn't really care for it in the VF-9 or the YF-29. Just my personal tastes though.

Am I alone in saying I'd rather see some kind of SW1 side story (much in the same vein as Gundam's 08th MS Team)? Or a story that took place during the reconstruction?

the draken valk looks interesting fi wonder how they will pull off the battroid mode...most likely there will be a sharks fin on his back of some sort...

the yf-30 (soon to be vf) lookalike was expected so not much of a surprise there tho ..liking some of the reinforcement holes on the side of the thrusters ...

and ....it looks like an updated macross zero poster of some sort? i thk there was talk of going more character development somewhere...

Given that we previously heard that Delta is only set a few years after Frontier (I forget how many), it's not surprising that the airframe and basic transformation of the hero VF will likely be similar to Frontier-era / Macross 30 era VFs.

Anyway, from what we can see of the design, it's pushing all the right buttons for me so far.

I really don't want see a Macross anime about racing VFs, basketball playing VFs or sky surfing VFs.....yuk!

Graham

Frontier is 2059. Delta is 2067 based on the first post of this thread. So its only 8 years.

As for war based story, yes please.

No hippy pacifism via power of song, no eco-preservation undertones. Considering the world's current affairs, i wonder if it might have themes of terrorism, racial discrimination, refugees, etc. Maybe enough human worlds are colonised and some worlds decide to go to war with others over limited resources.

I'm over the forward-swept wing fad. It worked well enough for the YF/VF-19 I suppose, but I didn't really care for it in the VF-9 or the YF-29. Just my personal tastes though.

Am I alone in saying I'd rather see some kind of SW1 side story (much in the same vein as Gundam's 08th MS Team)? Or a story that took place during the reconstruction?

You're not alone. I've been dreaming up a SW1 side story following a rag-tag squad of Destroids + Valks engaged in guerilla warfare with the occupying Zentran garrison forces. It features retro-fitted military hardware and valks going hand-to-hand with Zentradi soldiers in jungle settings. Takes place somewhere after the Macross folds away from Earth (the ones left behind on earth) until its eventual return. :D

Unfortunately the only way we'll ever see such a side story is via visual novels, manga, or video games or stay in the realm of fan-fiction. :(

The engine nozzles/battroid feet on the white and blue bird look like the ones on the FF-3001 engine..... and the other valk seems to be brainwave-controlled......... Interesting....... Macross Plus ???.......

Graham

basketball playing VFs? slam dunking the enemy mechs... :lol:

The engine nozzles/battroid feet on the white and blue bird look like the ones on the FF-3001 engine..... and the other valk seems to be brainwave-controlled......... Interesting....... Macross Plus ???.......

macross plus that was just what i posted a min ago! seems like the poster does draw comparisons to it eh...

One thing is for sure. The "Hero Valk" 's air frame and basic transformation will be very similar to Frontier-era valks. Not sure if that's a good thing. As much as I loved the Frontier-era valks I was hoping for a whole new revolutionary valkyrie with new transformation scheme. But really I' m not sure how would Kawamori improve on it.

Anyway, anyone wanna start naming the Valks? :D

To continue the Arthurian theme:

VF-34 Lancelot?

VF-37 Mordred?

XD

arthurian theme eh? there would be a lady of the lake songstress....