Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

CF18

Their is a smaller one that is not on the TV version. If you look right above the shoulder, it is elongated and looks to be the same design.

Also, there is a smaller turret like on the TV shoulder, but smaller it seems. Hard to see with the line art here. It is facing outward and not forward like in the TV version.

Seems to be ones on the TV version legs that are not on the DYRL version too.

Hopefully someone will chime in and can say what they are on the DYRL version so as to know if they are turrets/cannons etc...

Lot's of Japanese twitter users posting their latest arrival.

Just checked the instructions, and Hasegawa is being sneaky! If you want to get just the Monster and Valks, they're mixed in with other runners of regular parts, not their own separate runner. So much for tricking out my Yellow Sub one.

Lot's of Japanese twitter users posting their latest arrival.

Just checked the instructions, and Hasegawa is being sneaky! If you want to get just the Monster and Valks, they're mixed in with other runners of regular parts, not their own separate runner. So much for tricking out my Yellow Sub one.

Maybe someone would be willing to cast or just let them go/sell them separately off the sprue?

I don't know how many are of each in the kit yet, but when I get to work on it, I will make casts of the monsters for personal use, on it and my yellow sub kits. So long as they are close to being proportional to the scale.

I don't think they were moved, just a different design.

Here are both with as close a perspective I could find for reference, just to see the differences between the two.

Images are from Macross Mecha Manual

macross-dyrl-cruiser.gif

macross-cruiser.png

There are quite a few differences in armament that I can see from these pics, and this is only one angle. Right now, I'm spotting the following changes from the TV to the Movie version:

* Small triple turret on the rotating boom section moved to the non-rotating front part

* Heavy guided converging beam turrets on the base of the cannon booms moved to shoulder, and replaced with large hatch.

* Smaller turrets behind the heavy ones on the cannon booms, and on top of the engine sections and on the shoulders all removed (six total)

Anyone care to post similar pics from a ventral angle?

how big is the box? It looks bigger than the 1/72 Valks but smaller than the 1/48 strike valks.

Hobby Search, as always, have the scans of the structions and decal sheet:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10308073

curious thing is that you have to cut off the micro-Valks...

I'll definitely post some WIP pics as she progresses. Sadly I never had a chance (money wise) to get the 1/3000 Toy. But I got lucky with a Yellow Submarine Attack mode 1/4000 kit and now I have this beauty, the details on the plastic are really clean, crisp and if I choose to do any panel lining it should be really easy with my micron pens.

As for the size of the box the kit comes in, its a good size box. Definitely bigger than the VF-0 kit that I'll be starting soon too. B))

post-6180-0-39311000-1424816762_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

And it Begins! So far its your typical Hasegawa kit, easy to assemble and pretty damn seamless, you don't need 2 tons of putty for this one. There are two Monsters with this kit and a bunch of micro-sized valks.... I'll save those for last. B))

post-6180-0-41002100-1424986384_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-98047100-1424986390_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-27057100-1424986398_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-44704600-1424986408_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-73523700-1424986417_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-26169800-1424986425_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the updates 505! That is a cool looking kit. I guess you have to slice the valks off the sprue sheet, interesting twist.-MT

Anytime! Unreal how tiny they are. I took one off with an X-acto knife and it was really easy, however painting them first is the only option. B))

YJA is hemorrhaging 1/5000 ARII/IMAI and 1/4000 Yellow Submarine SDF-1 kits.....if anyone is interested in those....I can understand the Yellow subs...but folks must be expecting a TV SDF-1 from Hasegawa next.....

Guess a 1/3000 toy has now become the most unlikely bet..... ;)