CF18

Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

With Monsters too! - MT

8 minutes ago, MechTech said:

With Monsters too! - MT

Well crap, now I need one.

Interesting, that is the SDFM version, but the cruiser mode they released as the SDFM was basically a re-pop of their DYRL cruiser mode with the Prometheus and Daedalus and a few altered pieces. I wonder if they are going to do a new cruiser mode that is actually a true SDFM version?

19 minutes ago, Chas said:

Interesting, that is the SDFM version, but the cruiser mode they released as the SDFM was basically a re-pop of their DYRL cruiser mode with the Prometheus and Daedalus and a few altered pieces. I wonder if they are going to do a new cruiser mode that is actually a true SDFM version?

According to the article (and google translate):

This is a product based on Hasegawa original setting, based on the design of the theater version SDF-1, the main gun of the TV board design, the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts.

Spoiler

こちらはハセガワオリジナル設定に基づく製品で、劇場版SDF-1のデザインをベースとし、TV板デザインの主砲、肩部のOT超高速レールキャノン、肘関節、艦橋(頭部)、胴体の一部パネル、各所の副砲を新規パーツでセットしたモデルとなっています。

Well they have redone the main gun booms because on the cruiser mode kit they are just the DYRL version with new parts for the front terminus point. I wonder if I bought one of theses and recast the booms if I could make them work on the cruiser kit?

14 hours ago, Chas said:

Obviously not, since their SDFM "Storm Attacker" kit is just a retooled version of their DYRL kit:

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This is a product based on Hasegawa original setting, based on the design of the theater version SDF-1, the main gun of the TV board design, the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts.

This is cool, it is not just the main weapon that is new, the rail guns and other items are new too " the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts. " I was disappointed with the cruiser mode, but this is much better! - MT

On 11/11/2017 at 6:31 PM, MechTech said:

This is cool, it is not just the main weapon that is new, the rail guns and other items are new too " the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts. " I was disappointed with the cruiser mode, but this is much better! - MT

On 11/11/2017 at 1:06 AM, MechTech said:

With Monsters too! - MT

This is the one I've been waiting for.

MT, how do we motorize that Daedalus hinge to open?

I want to put together a dream list of lighting, and I need some more ideas:

1- Fiber everywhere (with sequenced lighting and different colors)

2- Lighted bridge and antennas

3- Sequence lighting on runway

4- Chest and Leg thruster lights 

Any other ideas?

Edited by arbit

I would suggest using those 6mm geared motors if you really want to motorize the Daedalus. Screw drive or get a SLOW geared version and use a lever or something. That will be a tight fit alone! You could probably get most of it to fit in the legs. Did you solve your battery issue with the Arduino? The opening sequence of DYRL would be great to see all the lights and how they are sequenced - plus some artisitc license.

Use magnets as contacts and to hold the ships in place, then you can remove them from the SDF-1. Just some ideas. - MT

Does anyone have a size comparison between the kit vs the Yamato 1/3000 (either modes) ? Kinda trying to decide whether to get the Arcadia or just work with this and save some cash.

1 minute ago, close313 said:

Does anyone have a size comparison between the kit vs the Yamato 1/3000 (either modes) ? Kinda trying to decide whether to get the Arcadia or just work with this and save some cash.

Well, if 1:3000 is 40cm, then 1:4000 ought to be 30cm.

This DYRL SDF-1 build is insane!! 

Yeah, I believe that is Dorobou 's build. It is an awesome build! - MT

9 hours ago, MechTech said:

Yeah, I believe that is Dorobou 's build. It is an awesome build! - MT

There must be over 500 fiber lights in there! My little nupetiet has almost 100.

Edited by arbit

I was wondering when Hasegawa would get around to doing this one. Reliable as ever though, doing as many variants as they can.

Which is good, since it increases chances that they'll do a full VF-31 line by the end, unlike Bandai.

I'm gonna pass: I got my TV SDF-1 already, and it transforms, so I'm good. :D