Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

CF18

Interesting, that is the SDFM version, but the cruiser mode they released as the SDFM was basically a re-pop of their DYRL cruiser mode with the Prometheus and Daedalus and a few altered pieces. I wonder if they are going to do a new cruiser mode that is actually a true SDFM version?

19 minutes ago, Chas said:

Interesting, that is the SDFM version, but the cruiser mode they released as the SDFM was basically a re-pop of their DYRL cruiser mode with the Prometheus and Daedalus and a few altered pieces. I wonder if they are going to do a new cruiser mode that is actually a true SDFM version?

According to the article (and google translate):

This is a product based on Hasegawa original setting, based on the design of the theater version SDF-1, the main gun of the TV board design, the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts.

Spoiler

こちらはハセガワオリジナル設定に基づく製品で、劇場版SDF-1のデザインをベースとし、TV板デザインの主砲、肩部のOT超高速レールキャノン、肘関節、艦橋(頭部)、胴体の一部パネル、各所の副砲を新規パーツでセットしたモデルとなっています。

Well they have redone the main gun booms because on the cruiser mode kit they are just the DYRL version with new parts for the front terminus point. I wonder if I bought one of theses and recast the booms if I could make them work on the cruiser kit?

14 hours ago, Chas said:

Obviously not, since their SDFM "Storm Attacker" kit is just a retooled version of their DYRL kit:

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This is a product based on Hasegawa original setting, based on the design of the theater version SDF-1, the main gun of the TV board design, the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts.

This is cool, it is not just the main weapon that is new, the rail guns and other items are new too " the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts. " I was disappointed with the cruiser mode, but this is much better! - MT

On 11/11/2017 at 6:31 PM, MechTech said:

This is cool, it is not just the main weapon that is new, the rail guns and other items are new too " the OT ultra fast rail cannon of the shoulder, the elbow joint, the bridge (head), a part panel of the fuselage , It is a model that set secondary guns of each place with new parts. " I was disappointed with the cruiser mode, but this is much better! - MT

On 11/11/2017 at 1:06 AM, MechTech said:

With Monsters too! - MT

This is the one I've been waiting for.

MT, how do we motorize that Daedalus hinge to open?

I want to put together a dream list of lighting, and I need some more ideas:

1- Fiber everywhere (with sequenced lighting and different colors)

2- Lighted bridge and antennas

3- Sequence lighting on runway

4- Chest and Leg thruster lights 

Any other ideas?

Edited by arbit

I would suggest using those 6mm geared motors if you really want to motorize the Daedalus. Screw drive or get a SLOW geared version and use a lever or something. That will be a tight fit alone! You could probably get most of it to fit in the legs. Did you solve your battery issue with the Arduino? The opening sequence of DYRL would be great to see all the lights and how they are sequenced - plus some artisitc license.

Use magnets as contacts and to hold the ships in place, then you can remove them from the SDF-1. Just some ideas. - MT

12 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Check Dorobou's blog. He even put lights into the tiny Monster:

http://dorobou.blog.so-net.ne.jp/archive/c2305690677-1

Definitely. He's the MAN.

I got into lighting because of his stuff... And wanting to light the SDF-1 like the Christmas episode. 

Edited by arbit

1 minute ago, close313 said:

Does anyone have a size comparison between the kit vs the Yamato 1/3000 (either modes) ? Kinda trying to decide whether to get the Arcadia or just work with this and save some cash.

Well, if 1:3000 is 40cm, then 1:4000 ought to be 30cm.

9 hours ago, MechTech said:

Yeah, I believe that is Dorobou 's build. It is an awesome build! - MT

There must be over 500 fiber lights in there! My little nupetiet has almost 100.

Edited by arbit

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if Hasegawa would release a kit of those guns for those of us who bought the ship version so the kit would be accurate.. Or if someone would recast or 3d print the appropriate parts. Really gotta learn to 3d model one of these days

It would be nice if once in a while hasegawa would release a kit with correct proportions... this looks much better then the cruiser mode wich have almost totally wrong proportions. Instead the Yamato was perfect: look here macross-dyrl-cruiser.jpg.93fec8a9297c228c5a8eda67925baf86.jpghasecolorsdfone5.jpg.6ca21c6bd0e6806c91838b337aa8f7da.jpg64308fc6ga1215ef025de690.jpg.9591e74cbbfad4c4cc470e548f5ce37c.jpg

As you can see in the hasegawa the central main body part is too long (it has almost a section too much) but it is correct in the storm attacker version. In the Yamato is right obviously. Also legs are not correct in the hasegawa expecially the thighs. If i noticed this defects before buying it i would n t have built and painted it... But hasegawa is not a cheap alternative to the Arcadia.

Hobby Search has actual photos of the TV Storm Attacker:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10502166

10502166a.jpg

10502166a4.jpg10502166a6.jpg

That looks awesome!

After looking at these, I think I've figured out my main issue with the DYRL version.

The down-sized bridge tower is just way too small. It looks like the attacker's been decapitated. Or Zika.

Edited by Kelsain

On 12/8/2017 at 7:58 AM, Gatsu said:

It would be nice if once in a while hasegawa would release a kit with correct proportions... this looks much better then the cruiser mode wich have almost totally wrong proportions. Instead the Yamato was perfect: look here 64308fc6ga1215ef025de690.jpg.9591e74cbbfad4c4cc470e548f5ce37c.jpg

As you can see in the hasegawa the central main body part is too long (it has almost a section too much) but it is correct in the storm attacker version. In the Yamato is right obviously. Also legs are not correct in the hasegawa expecially the thighs. If i noticed this defects before buying it i would n t have built and painted it... But hasegawa is not a cheap alternative to the Arcadia.

I was comparing this too and noticed this one has the shoulders on the wrong sides :(

Agree with some of the proportions, and think that Hasegawa took it upon themselves to take the middle ground so they could re-use the mold for both the TV and DYRL versions?

On 12/10/2017 at 11:33 AM, idontknow said:

I was comparing this too and noticed this one has the shoulders on the wrong sides :(

No, dick7077 just forgot to rotate them.  His 1:3000 Yamato DYRL Macross is mistransformed.

If you have the modeling skills, it shouldn't be hard to modify the "Storm Attacker" to a cruiser mode SDF-1...

Easier still would be modifying the existing cruiser kit with more TV-accurate parts from the upcoming Storm Attacker kit.

Just now, Dobber said:

The TV Cruiser kit is just becoming hard to get at a reasonable price so I was looking for alternatives.

I'll just Leave his Here...........

Just now, Dobber said:

Thanks Slide...almost bought it but shipping is really high. It almost doubled the cost. I’ll just get one off of eBay a little cheaper.

Chris

I just picked one up, and added the VF-31 Masterfile and VF Modeling Manual to justify it:D

Edited by slide