Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

CF18

Maybe I'm used to seeing it from a low perspective, but it looks off somehow...

It most certainly is off proportionally... To the point that I would say that the old 1/5000 ARII tv version is nicer than this! Funny, toy companies manage to get the look and proportions of the MacroSS very nicely while having to make it transform, whereas Hasegawa lawn-darts in its attempt to make the same design with a single mode.

You had one job, Hasegawa. ONE!!! :angry:

It most certainly is off proportionally... To the point that I would say that the old 1/5000 ARII tv version is nicer than this! Funny, toy companies manage to get the look and proportions of the MacroSS very nicely while having to make it transform, whereas Hasegawa lawn-darts in its attempt to make the same design with a single mode.

I think the legs are mayor problem

Agreed, I have the Yellow Submarine 1/4000 resin kit and I feel it looks better than the pics provided of the Hasegawa version. The Arms & legs really make it look odd.

I think the legs are mayor problem

Indeed. As a quick exercise, I stretched the main leg portion a little & thinned the "thighs" a bit.

I think it makes a big difference. I feel these same adjustments would make the cruiser look better as well.

Update - side by side comparison.

post-2681-0-31477500-1460563400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

• 2 weeks later...

I made resin copies of the Valkyries from the TV version. I plan to do the same with the destroids that come with the eventual TV Storm Attacker. Then it'll be Hello Daedalus Attack!

post-9708-0-23133100-1462266971_thumb.jpg

Edited by Milo

Buy it for the boxart...

hs160651.jpg

I may have to...

When are they going to release just that image as a poster?

Buy it for the boxart...

hs160651.jpg

I just did. :wub:

And in two months time, they will announce the TV version too? ^_^

They should include an effects part for the electricity between the bow guns.

True. -_-

But you can buy this if you want to. ;)

They should include an effects part for the electricity between the bow guns.

I have been thinking about how best to make this for ages, I think the pose the Tenjin has portrayed is perfect.

Will there be an option to lower the main cannon like in the box art?

Or will we have to do some creative surgery?

The box art was SO cool I used it as an example in my Graphic Communications class! Without putting in a Jacob's Ladder circuit on that model, maybe some tinted fishing line going partly across in segments or a clear piece with the effect painted on might work to re-create that. - MT

True. -_-

But you can buy this if you want to. ;)

Thanks. I have the nu Gundam mg and the parts effects look a bit small compared to the sdf bow guns though. The fin funnels ate only about 2 inches long I think. The sdf I think is a bit longer.

The effect parts are on a sheet I suppose you could cut out the size for the sdf. However the parts are cookie cutter pre cut on the sheet for the fin funnels so it might not look so good.

Edited by beatsing

I have been thinking about how best to make this for ages, I think the pose the Tenjin has portrayed is perfect.

A plate on top and a plate of effects parts like the nu Gundam has a nice 3d effect. But only looks good from top or bottom side shots. You'd have to at another plate for front because the Gundam parts are hollow from the front. I like the street fighter mini sd figures. They have the lighting go up the figure and that could look nice on the sdf like charging up.

Edited by beatsing

No sadly due to the licensing issues with Big West and Harmony Gold they are only ever made with Japanese instructions.

No worries though there are many people here who will gladly translate bits for you or just plain old advise you on colours etc.

Another thing that has helped me from time to time is Google's translation app. Just snap a photo of the text and you can translate it to English.

Sure, it still suffers from being a Google translation; but it's usually enough to give you the gist of the little notations, when you can't figure it out from the picture.