Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

CF18

It looks fine to me, with plenty of fine surface detail and good proportions; but then, I'm not as fussy a model builder as some. Also, the fact that this will be a widely available Styrene kit, the production of a Hasegawa or 3rd party photo-etch frets to super-detail the hell out of it is almost a given, too; so those who find themselves underwhelmed will likely get their wish for more detail.

Now Hasegawa, get on producing a TV version SDF-1 as well... and a Battle 7 and Frontier, and some of the other ships from all the shows -- take a page from Bandai's line of 2199 1/1000 kits.

Don't think it's in the same scale as the YS kit. (Is it?)

given the nature of the layout of the ship, I agree that it would likely be very easy to modify into Storm attacker mode.

(Edit: I guess it IS the same scale! )

Edited by Skull Leader

Wow, that's pretty impressive!

But I'd be much more excited if Hasegawa made a TV version of the SDF-1.

And what's with making all the DYRL stuff canon? It only took Hasegawa 10+ years to release a TV-version pilot with their new 1/72 Gerwalk kits, while almost all the rest of their stuff is based on DYRL designs and color schemes.

• 3 weeks later...

1999.co.jp has the box art... which I'm actually less than impressed with. Ah well, it won't stop me from getting the kit. It's retailing for much cheaper than I expected!

10308073b.jpg

edit:

hobbysearch also has better product pictures like

like the tiny monster and vf-1

10308073a10.jpg

10308073a11.jpg

Edited by chyll2

Well, lenght of the Monster is 41 meters, or 4100 cms, so 4100/4000= 1 cm. We only need to wait until have the kit in our hands.

Anyway, how the hell we'll paint those valks???

Per the description from HobbySearch...

"- Is the in-from-, as a bonus element, comes with a monster of the same scale × 2 and the VF-1 Valkyrie (Normal × 8 / Super × 8 fighter form)."

I'm not into kits, but I could use those miniatures for my 1/3000 Yamato SDF-1! :) .....around 2 bucks per mini before shipping isn't too bad....

10308073b.jpg

Like the Monster riding shotgun....When is Tenjin's Third Sortie coming out? ;)

Well, lenght of the Monster is 41 meters, or 4100 cms, so 4100/4000= 1 cm. We only need to wait until have the kit in our hands.

Anyway, how the hell we'll paint those valks???

Wow, 41m is 134ft - that's huge, it didn't seem that big in the anime. However, if that's the case, then the bridge is way too small - isn't there supposed to be at least 5 levels/floors within that clear part of the bridge superstructure?

I'm loving the 'Movie Edition' designation and what that at least suggests in terms of the chance of a 'TV Version' at some point. The question is, do I get this to add to the outrageous stack of models that may never get built, or wait for a TV version that may never come. Hmmm...

But remember Cheng, that 41 meters includes the canons, so the body would be around 25-30 meters.

And by the way, the valks should be 3.5 mm!!!

Edited by cool8or

Adding the Monsters and Valks is a totally cool touch. It's usually one or the other.

OK, TV version with opening Daedalus, micro mechs and Valks for the Prometheus! That would be the icing on the cake. - MT

I'm loving the 'Movie Edition' designation and what that at least suggests in terms of the chance of a 'TV Version' at some point. The question is, do I get this to add to the outrageous stack of models that may never get built, or wait for a TV version that may never come. Hmmm...

Yeah !!! Movie and TV version !!! Right now !!!!