Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

CF18

I am so damn exited for this! Even though I'm not a big modeler I still might get it, And also if you read the WHOLE article by HLJ there making a 1/60 PG RX-0 Unicorn Gundam and 1/144 RG XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero Custom!!! I am most definitely saving up to spend my cash on this sexyness!

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

That looks awesome! I prefer the TV version myself.-MT

I personally feel if this DYRL kit sells really good, and the fact that Hasegawa is taking a crack at the SDF-1 then a TV version will be released (fingers crossed!).

I personally feel if this DYRL kit sells really good, and the fact that Hasegawa is taking a crack at the SDF-1 then a TV version will be released (fingers crossed!).

They love to milk those molds... Seriously, even though there are lots of differences between the DYRL and SDFMacross versions, if they just released a palette swap version with Daedalus and Prometheus arms, I would just look the other way and buy it!

• 2 weeks later...

They love to milk those molds... Seriously, even though there are lots of differences between the DYRL and SDFMacross versions, if they just released a palette swap version with Daedalus and Prometheus arms, I would just look the other way and buy it!

I wouldn't mind a DYRL version with Daedalus & Prometheus, would be kinda cool actually. But if they make a solid TV SDF-1 I'd be even happier! B))

• 2 weeks later...

If Hasegawa truly wanted to be bold, they'd release standard battleship scales of the Daedalus, Prometheus, Asuka II and the Auerstadt ships.

Who wouldn't want a chance to build an CVN-99 Asuka II or CVS-101 Prometheus and display it next to a CVN-68 Nimitz in 1/350 or 1/600 scale?

A 1/350 series of dedicated Macross fleet ship models would be killer, and they could somewhat milk/expand on the series with said scale fighter (jet/plane) packs like you find with modern and historical ships.

Upon google searching "CVN-99 Asuka II" I found some really nice pics of models...

A storm attacker with ARMDs is what I would pay money for. Scale fidelity be damned. I may still buy this to keep within my Fighter/Battroid mode dual display plan.

If Hasegawa truly wanted to be bold, they'd release standard battleship scales of the Daedalus, Prometheus, Asuka II and the Auerstadt ships.

Who wouldn't want a chance to build an CVN-99 Asuka II or CVS-101 Prometheus and display it next to a CVN-68 Nimitz in 1/350 or 1/600 scale?

If Hasegawa got super ballsy & made Daedalus, Prometheus and my favorite the Asuka II in standard Battleship scales (1/350 for me) my Visa card would punch me.... but it be worth it! :lol:

this is like a wet dream!

you might've meant 1/700 though.

i'd be contented with 1/700. 1/350 would be too awesome to comprehend. imagine tiny 1/350 VF-0's or VF-1's on deck.

heck, imagine a 1/350 Monster on Asuka! (btw, wasn't one in the works? wonder how that's coming along?)

No idea about what would be the price tag for this model, but will go for one for sure. Never built anything else but aircrafts, so it will be a new experience for me.

Hasegawa is going all the way with new Macross models ... and I'll keep squeezing the wallet.

There is always this:

http://www.hasegawausa.com/suggest-a-model.html

Though I doubt it would work in the Western market because of "you know who's" nonsensical blockade of Macross products...

A storm attacker with ARMDs is what I would pay money for. Scale fidelity be damned. I may still buy this to keep within my Fighter/Battroid mode dual display plan.

That would be cool, but unlikely since ARMD's are not really hero ships like the Macross or Yamato. They'll probably only ever be available as garage kits and likely never in any decent scale... :mellow:

I agree with the 1/350 kits, that would be AWESOME! I'm the guy who mastered the Monster in the same scale along with Regult, Spartan and VF-1J. Yeti has sold a couple and the reentry pod has Results in it. I'm signing up with Hase too! - MT

I agree with the 1/350 kits, that would be AWESOME! I'm the guy who mastered the Monster in the same scale along with Regult, Spartan and VF-1J. Yeti has sold a couple and the reentry pod has Results in it. I'm signing up with Hase too! - MT

• 1 month later...

Looks nice, but I honestly think the Yellow Submarine one looks better.

Well, one good thing is that if the other old resin releases follow the same pattern, you should be able to pick up a Yellow Sub one for very cheap in the near future.