CF18

Hasegawa 1:4000 SDF-1 (DYRL)

WHAAAAAT?????
Are you kidding me?

this is great! anyway, I would prefer a TV version, I already have the Yellow submarine resin kit.

I love Hasegawa so much right now!! Can't wait to see more pics of this SDF-1.

Interesting.

In case anyone is wondering about length, actual length of the SDF-1 is 1210 meters, so in 1/4000 scale, that would be very close to 12 inches (11.9) or 30.25 cm if not including the spiky things coming out of the front. The 1/3000 version from Yamato is 16 inches (actual 1/3000 scale would be about 15.9).

Wow!!! after all that work I put into my 1/3000 - I'm sure the Hasegawa one would be a dream to put together. Can't wait to see the level of detail on this puppy! Now when are they going to get to a VF-4 in 1/72?!

I'm with cool8or. I'd prefer a SDFM version if for nothing else than the fact that I already have a DYRL? SDF-1.

Still, I'm curious to see how the detail on this kit compares to the Yamato 1/3000.

Sorry but yaaaaawwwwwn. Easy pass for me....already have the 1:3000 yamato detailed up, and oh yeh, it transforms. Wake me up if they do a TV version.

And for those of us who couldn't afford it at the time, this is welcome news!

And yes, derex3592, that's thinly veiled jealousy. ;)

According to HLJ, the 1/4000 SDF-1 is from Wave, not Hasegawa.

Oh... suddenly I'm not so excited anymore.

Well, that sounds more believable. Wasn't Wave the company that released that 1/5000 toy a while back? I wonder if this is going to end up being an upgraded version. Maybe it will actually end up being a toy like the 1/5000.

According to HLJ, the 1/4000 SDF-1 is from Wave, not Hasegawa.

Somehow I don't buy that, when we see the item sitting smack dab in the middle of other Hasegawa releases.

1601027_807611615977738_4073743727900319

I agree, this looks to be Hasegawa. In the original picture, you can see the Hasegawa Photo Etched parts to the right of it. I'd buy another one if Hasegawa does one.

Well, that sounds more believable. Wasn't Wave the company that released that 1/5000 toy a while back? I wonder if this is going to end up being an upgraded version. Maybe it will actually end up being a toy like the 1/5000.

1/5000 was the Wave toy: http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41/Sci

Yellow Submarine and Club M worked on the 1/4000 ones a while back I think: http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSG-060/Sci

Yamato had the 1/3000 and 1/2000.

Somehow I don't buy that, when we see the item sitting smack dab in the middle of other Hasegawa releases.

1601027_807611615977738_4073743727900319

Well now. Isn't this confusing...

So now my question is... is that a Hasegawa display or a display of officially licensed Macross kits at the show?

It's good for the model builders out there.

Personally, I'm sick of DYRL SDF-1's. DYRSDFM you GDFMSOB's?

even those little 1/12 tiny cones are from Hasegawa. I see metal etched parts for YF-19s.

If the sales of this kit go well, may be we can expect an attack mode version. I really want a TV version, but I don't think that it happens.

Side of the panel shows Hasegawa. So we can safely assumed that it's from Hasegawa then. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/vf1riders/photos/pcb.807612755977624/807611479311085/?type=1

Man, those clear stands look sweet. :wub:

https://www.facebook.com/vf1riders/photos/pcb.807612755977624/807611622644404/?type=1&permPage=1

Would it be nice it they decide to release also a TV version of the SDF-1. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

please make it transformable... T^T

Hear, hear! It wouldn't take much.

Man, I wish I'd been able to get the 1/5000 WHAM when it was affordable. It'd go well with the 1/5000 Imai I have.

(& the 1/5000 Enterprise D on my desk) I suppose this would be closer to AMT Star Destroyer/Galactica scale, though.

Edited by Kelsain

Freak'n awesome!

I'v got the original Imai 1/1500 SDF-1 from the TV series and I'll have to get this one to go with it!

That's a 'grown' kit, rapid prototype, 3D print call it what you will.

Definitely interesting, but I'll wait till I see some sprues before getting too excited by this.

It's still a long way from production and lots can happen 'twixt now and then.

There's always a realist out there.

So far the track record for what Hasegawa has shown at these show has been produced at some point.

I'm in no rush.

it's just me, or the Bridge looks very small? :unsure:

Toooooooooooon where are youuuuuuuu!!!!

it's just me, or the Bridge looks very small? :unsure:

I was wondering that myself.

Sorry for all the confusion on the Wave vs. Hasegawa. I'm actually glad it is Hasegawa because it will probably be a more affordable kit, when produced. Wave has a tendency to be a bit pricey on their new tool kits.

Edited by azrhino

The DYRL bridge is smaller and doesn't break apart in cruiser mode like the SDFM one.