Months before X-Men: Days of Future Past was released, it was announced that the next film in the X-Men series will be X-Men: Apocalypse. Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, Valkyrie) will once again direct this installment, with the screenplay written by Simon Kinberg (X-Men: The Last Stand, Jumper), Dan Harris (X2, Superman Returns), and Michael Dougherty (X2, Superman Returns). The film will take place in the 1980s and will focus more on the origin of the mutants.

The confirmed cast are as follows:

Returning Cast

• James McAvoy (Victor Frankenstein, Nicholas in The Last King of Scotland) as Professor Charles Xavier
  • Michael Fassbender (David in Prometheus, Lt. Hickox in Inglourious Basterds) as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto
  • Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss in The Hunger Games, Tiffany in The Silver Linings Playbook) as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
  • Nicholas Hoult (R in Warm Bodies, Nux in Mad Max: Fury Road) as Hank McCoy/Beast
  • Evan Peters (Max Cooperman in Never Back Down 1-2, Todd in Kick-Ass) as Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver
  • Rose Byrne (Renai in Insidious, Kelly in Neighbors) as Moira MacTaggert
  • Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok
  • Josh Helman (Slit in Mad Max: Fury Road) as William Stryker

New Cast

• Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Nathan in Ex Machina) as Apocalypse
  • Tye Sheridan (Ellis in Mud) as Scott Summers/Cyclops
  • Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones) as Jean Grey
  • Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm
  • Kodi Smit-McPhee (Alexander in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
  • Ben Hardy as Warren Worthington III/Angel
  • Lana Condor as Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
  • Olivia Munn as Betsy Braddock/Psylocke
  • Tómas Lemarquis (Egg-head in Snowpiercer) as Caliban

Hugh Jackman continues his streak of appearing on every X-Men film as Logan/Wolverine.

X-Men Apocalypse is scheduled for release on May 27, 2016. Filming will commence in Montreal on April 2015.

X-Men: Apocalypse Set for May 27, 2016
Bryan Singer Confirmed to Direct X-Men: Apocalypse
X-Men: Apocalypse Is an '80s Period Piece, Will Feature Mass Destruction
X-Men: Apocalypse - Who will return? What Mutants may appear? Scoop on the next X-Men film
X-Men: Apocalypse Will Star Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm
X-Men Returning to Montreal
Oscar Isaac to Play Villain in X-Men: Apocalypse

Edited by areaseven

It's actually been smart of them to do "sequels" that are all in different periods of time. Just another modern sequel, like we've been seeing with all of the other Marvel and DC movies can get old. The fact they're semi-period gives the X-Men movies a natural, unique look. It also helps a lot of the stories being culled are from the time periods they're being done too, so they almost look more like their comic counterparts as well.

If it weren't for the fact that Simon Kinberg wrote the screenplay for Days of Future Past I'd be incredibly skeptical of the writing team for this one.

Hopefully Age of Apocalypse is as good as DoFP, if so then I'll be very happy, if it's better then that'd be icing on the cake. If it's worse I'm going to look at the writers and their credits as the culprit.

Fingers crossed.

-b.

I wonder what Apocalypse is going to look like in the film.

You and me both.

He needs to look even more menacing than the Sentinels (which IMO was one of the strongest points of DoFP). If they can nail that then they're already on their way to a good movie.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Jamie Chung isn't a horrible actress but she's not a terribly good one either. And there is nothing nice I can say about the idea of casting Chloe Moretz as Jean Grey, who I think is a decent actress but would be horrible casting for the role.

-b.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Jamie Chung isn't a horrible actress but she's not a terribly good one either. And there is nothing nice I can say about the idea of casting Chloe Moretz as Jean Grey, who I think is a decent actress but would be horrible casting for the role.

-b.

stunt casting... as always... we all know it's gonna be Wolverine and the Xmen anyway.

Chung wouldn't be bad. It's not like they would give her much to do anyway. If they included the character, she would likely have a very small part in the film.

stunt casting... as always... we all know it's gonna be Wolverine and the Xmen anyway.

Hugh Jackman is the only reason most people go see these movies.

True, true and true.

Wolverine part 8 or whatever. :lol:

Although the true heart of Days of Future Past was Xavier and his relationships with Mystique and Magneto with Wolverine as the typical male protagonist lead.

-b.

Hugh Jackman is the only reason most people go see these movies.

There's no denying that, but the production doesn't really give any other characters/actors a chance to shine. I mean you have Fassbender and Lawrence who are pretty good Box Office draws and they couldn't let go of Jackman when he wasn't really needed in the script anymore. There was a point in Last Stand where it was mission accomplished for Wolverine but they kept him around for no real reason.

LOL , it was a bad fanfic film. The death of Xavier was a cool scene though.

I wonder what are Fox's plans for the series post Apocalypse. They have the Gambit and Wolverine films on the horizon, but after that crickets. I couldn't imagine that the first class group would continue with the series. And they have done a terrible job building up other characters that could spin off their own series.

Forgot what last movie was called.

:p

LOL , it was a bad fanfic film. The death of Xavier was a cool scene though.

I wonder what are Fox's plans for the series post Apocalypse. They have the Gambit and Wolverine films on the horizon, but after that crickets. I couldn't imagine that the first class group would continue with the series. And they have done a terrible job building up other characters that could spin off their own series.

Don't disagree. Honestly Fox has been horrible with the X-movies. It's only because Days of Future Fast was so unexpectedly good that anyone is even talking about the future of the X-Men and/or spin-off films.

Fox should take a page from Marvel and now DC/Warner Brothers and lay out a cohesive road map. Especially now that there is both goodwill with the audience because of DoFP and 'excitement' for Age of Apocalypse.

-b.

No, We can kinda infer that Mystique impersonates Stryker and initiates the Weapon X program. This time recruiting mutants for service and not using them as lab rats. The politicians stated that they should maybe recruit their own mutants and maybe that's Weapon X or Dept H in Wolvie's case. Mystique didn't kill Stryker so we can assume that he returns at some point and still carries out the Weapon X program augmenting Wolvie and the other Mutants. They kinda made a point that she hadn't embraced Magneto's violent ways of dealing with people so Stryker is assumed to still be alive.

Edited by Golden Arms

But Logan was in the Vietnam war and was recruited into Weapon-X during the war, but the DOFP takes place during the signing of the Paris peace accord and shows Logan in New York City.

It's fiction with a healthy dose of time travel thrown in; anything is possible with the story, all bets are off and continuity is optional at best...

• 4 weeks later...

It's fiction with a healthy dose of time travel thrown in; anything is possible with the story, all bets are off and continuity is optional at best...

Since it's an X-Men movie there is no continuity. But they've made it pretty obvious that the original wolverine movie was pretty much thrown out the window too, along with the 2nd film seeing how he got his claws weren't bones again in the future.

Since it's an X-Men movie there is no continuity. But they've made it pretty obvious that the original wolverine movie was pretty much thrown out the window too, along with the 2nd film seeing how he got his claws weren't bones again in the future.

Did they show Wolverien with Metal claws after he woke up at the end finding Jean alive?

• 3 weeks later...

Did they show Wolverien with Metal claws after he woke up at the end finding Jean alive?

I.....don't think they showed his claws at all after he woke up...