Me neither. I remember when the first one came out, the entire nation seemed to be swept up in Jurassi-mania. I tried to watch the movies years later but I just couldn't get into their stories. I also found the stories dull from the start and the dinosaurs did not impress me either. I hope all of the fans get what they need from this sequel...

Yeah - at the end of the day a sub machine gun was all you needed to wrap that movie up in 20. haha

I liked the first movie but the others that followed seemed shallow and unnecessary.. although I liked the aviary scenes in the third movie!

Im definitely looking forward to this new movie but certainly won't be setting my hopes too high on it..

The aviary scene is a scene they didn't have the time/budget for in the first movie----it's from the first book. As is the river-raft scene. The third movie is basically the bits from the first book they couldn't fit in.

1st movie+3rd movie=1st book+Spinosaurus.

Listening to the hydraulics technician describe the system is amazing to me, having been a career hydraulics tech in the Air Force. The highest pressure system I ever worked on was the B-1B's 4000 psi / 5 gpm system, which, when married with servo-actuators, whose movement is dictated by accelerometers, is capable of incredibly rapid and precise motion. It's also quite hazardous should a rupture occur. Pinhole leaks were especially hazardous, as the stream can remove fingers or create a life-threatening injection scenario.

By his statement, the T-Rex was a 9000 psi /60 gpm system, which boggles my mind. That's an incredible amount of power being harnessed and controlled. The jaws of life, by comparison, is a 10,000 psi system. The rupture of a hose, tubing, or component is certainly fatal to anyone standing nearby. The amount of achievable force is also remarkable; the entire horizontal stab of the B-1B, nearly the same size as an F-15's wing, is a moveable surface. I can still recall the days hanging out on the stab, watching F-16s taking off, while we replaced the stab actuator. Glad I'm retired. :lol:

The tech in the hydraulics field continues to become more and more impressive, and with all the other motion control technologies being developed, it still remains the best option for lightweight extreme power, control, and precision within a confined area. I don't work in the field anymore, but from a young age, I have always retained a fascination for hydraulic applications. The T-Rex is pretty high on the list. Hope they used a practical model like this for Jurassic World...the realism can't be matched by CG.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I know I posted about it at TFW, did I forget to here? But anways, short version:

Apatosaurus excelsus, is now Brontosaurus excelsus (again).

Apatosaurus louisae and Apatosaurus ajax, are still Apatosaurus.

Considering that A.lousiae is the "odd one out" to me, visually---that seems odd. But I'm not an expert. :)

Jeremy Jahns' Spoiler Talk

Chris Stuckmann's Spoiler Talk

Schmoes Know's Spoiler Talk

Every Easter Egg

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 70% - "Jurassic World can't match the original for sheer inventiveness and impact, but it works in its own right as an entertaining -- and visually dazzling -- popcorn thriller."

And here's an excellent cover of the original JP theme.

Edited by areaseven

Wife and I saw it this afternoon. It didn't have the magic that the first one did, but it was much better than the The Lost World or Jurassic Park III. An entertaining popcorn flick... I'll probably get it when it comes out on Blu-ray to fill the slots reserved for it in the box set.

Best thing about the film? Seeing Vincent D'Onofrio's name in the credits, and thinking, "Really? I don't remember seeing him in it." Then realizing later that he was one of the important characters... it's just that the character he plays is so different from the Kingpin in Daredevil that I didn't even recognize him.

Those passing for rental I fee bad for you. This was worth seeing in theaters and the trailers were very misdirecting.

I really liked BD Wongs return. He was a delightful though brief character in the first film and now we get to explore his role in this and it's very different.

Plus this film left room for what could be an interesting sequel AND touched on the genetic gaping and how that affects the "assets".

Not to mention the final confrontation made me drop my jaw going "I didn't see that coming!"

Yeah, I agree you guys are missing out not seeing it in the Theater. I saw it in 3D and it was worth every penny. A lot more emphasis on the importance of treating animals right. Chris Pratt's character really did a better job as the hero then any previous film. I wasn't a fan of Indominus Rex, and TBH, the Spinosauraus from JPIII was still a better villain (anyone notice the Spinosauraus skelteon at the park?)
It's totally worth the ticket price, and there's plenty of moments that leave you waiting to take a breath.

I'm convinced the "Meh" ratings are just the fandom being unimpressed by anything. I'd go see it again.

I'm convinced the "Meh" ratings are just the fandom being unimpressed by anything. I'd go see it again.

Most of the "mehs" aren't even ratings, they're just people saying it looks/sounds bad so they won't see it now, they'll wait for Netflix. And I think that's just because MW hates everything that came after the '90s.