Okay, I didn't even need the sound turned on to see: this flick's just crossed over into Stupidtown. Pass. Trained raptors? Pshuh; the same way one couldn't expect to stand a chance in hell at training a pack of wolves, this just takes willing suspension of disbelief and arsef**ks it with no Vaseline.

Is that supposed to be a genetically "smartened" Giganatosaurus? or Carcharadontosaurus? :blink: Sooooo, this'll be like: Deep Blue Sea, only on land? PASS.

Yes...

But, I still wating for the Cthulhusaur from the concepts

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/6c1230f7ab3fb3747705b76cc91928fd.jpg

Edited by Old_Nash

Just got through reading Jurassic Park--wish I had done that years ago. Damned good read. Gonna take in The Lost World as soon as I reasonably can. That being said, at first blush this trailer--and the others--feels less like:

334561_5587918.jpg

and a lot more like:

cadino-no1-b.jpg30540-4388-33985-1-cadillacs-and-dinosa.Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs_DVD_cover.jpg

Now, in fairness I should admit: I've never seen/followed that cartoon or the comics--so I don't know if it's revered or hated, good or sucked, what have you. But still... <_<

Edited by reddsun1

Okay, just finished it [book]. Not bad, not bad. But, it does feel more like a film treatment than a novel--at least moreso than the first. Much as I like Dr. Malcolm, there was still that nagging little part of me that kept thinking: man, you aren't supposed to even be here--you were deader'n hell; Crichton killed you almost as an afterthought.

I think I get it now, why the 2nd movie seems to draw so much more vitriol than the third. Okay, they strayed way off course with the story, true dat. Definitely should not have tried so hard to pay homage to the old 50's sci-fi dino-rampages-through-modern-city genre. And the whole beating us over the head with the PETA agenda was really annoying; honestly, I wanted the raptors to get Vince Vaughn's character.

But it was still better than part III. Man, FU** Spinosaurus. <_<

Dammit, I've been wanting to see this brought to life since I was a kid...

4321415185_d101d9dcbb_b.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Okay, just finished it [book]. Not bad, not bad. But, it does feel more like a film treatment than a novel--at least moreso than the first. Much as I like Dr. Malcolm, there was still that nagging little part of me that kept thinking: man, you aren't supposed to even be here--you were deader'n hell; Crichton killed you almost as an afterthought.

I found almost all of Crichton's books read like they were made for cinema but he was also a film director so I guess that's why he wrote that way. The movie that followed his book the closest was The 13th Warrior (Eaters of the Dead). Another book that I highly recommend.

As I recall, he wrote Lost World basically as a favor for Spielberg. It was SUPPOSED to be adapted into a movie. Which makes it a shame the adaptation went so wrong.

But it was still better than part III. Man, FU** Spinosaurus. <_<

I take 3 for what it is: An excuse to animate every dinosaur attack that was cut from the first two books when they made it to the big screen.

Except the T. Rex waterfall scene, of course.

Dammit, I've been wanting to see this brought to life since I was a kid...

4321415185_d101d9dcbb_b.jpg

So have we all. So have we all. Edited by JB0

• 2 weeks later...

I found almost all of Crichton's books read like they were made for cinema but he was also a film director so I guess that's why he wrote that way.

As I recall, he wrote Lost World basically as a favor for Spielberg. It was SUPPOSED to be adapted intoa movie. Which makes it a shame the adaptation went so wrong.

Lost World is just so much more *blatantly* written as a screen-play than his others. You could almost see director's notes scribbled in the margins while reading it---really turned me off of the book. The only book of his I've read that I didn't really like---it was just too much of a "script" vs "a Crichton novel".

Also, gotta mention---Congo. *Great* book, awful movie.

• 4 weeks later...

The more trailers they release, the more I think: I bet the guys at Asylum Films are going "you know what, fu*k it. Just. Why bother." This is looking more and more like a mockbuster of the original all the time. <_<

Edited by reddsun1

HI all,

I tried going thru this thread 2wice with no avail... I coulda swore someone wrote that Ian Malcolms character had a book, was this so?

Thanx!!

Eric J.

Yes, Lost World was a book starring Malcom. Despite that the book Jurassic Park stated in no uncertain terms that Malcom was dead.

HI all,

I tried going thru this thread 2wice with no avail... I coulda swore someone wrote that Ian Malcolms character had a book, was this so?

Thanx!!

Eric J.

The character Ian Malcolm has a book. He probably has a bunch of books since he's a professor.

Jurassic-World-Viral-Photo-Ian-Malcolm-G

I bet that'd be an awesome (yet full of crazy) book. :)

Anyways, was in B&N today---they had a JP (sorry, JW) display of stuff---they had the new LEGO sets, some of the better/newer Schleich dinos (surprisingly, as most places sell the less-accurate/older Schleich stuff---the new Kentrosaurus is a must-have), and some books on display. Sadly none of the dino books were written for people older than 9.

Well kinda is a bad thing considering all that stuff should of happened in the first flick and could of made it more epic. Or at least following closer to the novel but that'd of involved a completely different cast. Except Samuel l Jackson he can stay.

Never really got the love for these films. The first one didn't blow my tits off or anything.

It seems like this new one is just the same plot with bigger CGI, slightly more extreme.

Idk, If I want giant Lizards I gravitate to Godzilla films and such. All the humans running around just dulls it down for me.

you know, I'll admit, the first two movies were great. nice combination of CGI and props. Infact it was after this movie that films began to really use CGI and practical effects began to die down. So this movie is technically to blame for it all. BUT, as I watch the trailers for this I just think, 'CGI.......cgi......cgi cgi cgi DAIJSFL:KJSDFL:JSDVJ CGI!!!!"

Never really got the love for these films. The first one didn't blow my tits off or anything.

It seems like this new one is just the same plot with bigger CGI, slightly more extreme.

Idk, If I want giant Lizards I gravitate to Godzilla films and such. All the humans running around just dulls it down for me.

Me neither. I remember when the first one came out, the entire nation seemed to be swept up in Jurassi-mania. I tried to watch the movies years later but I just couldn't get into their stories. I also found the stories dull from the start and the dinosaurs did not impress me either. I hope all of the fans get what they need from this sequel...