Hmmmn. Looks like they're ignoring some of the more recent discoveries/research about those dinos, and are going for a more 'traditional' look. (as in, 90's, not like 60's)

That is not how Akylo's armor is believed to be, and the Stego is totally missing its throat armor.

And that's a skinny-ass Apato. (at least it's got a decently long tail-tip though)

Though, I can understand if they want them to look like 1993-era JP dinos for continuity. (and they can, as always, claim they were 'tweaked' in the DNA for the park to look like what people/customers expect, not what they actually are naturally)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't mind it either, but apparently the Internet is blowing up over this clip. Saying how poorly it was written and that it is sexist? Even everyone's favorite Joss Whedon weighed in on it, negatively.

Chris

Edit: after looking it up....Whedon was the one that called it sexist! I just don't get people. :(

Edited by Dobber

Okay, I didn't even need the sound turned on to see: this flick's just crossed over into Stupidtown. Pass. Trained raptors? Pshuh; the same way one couldn't expect to stand a chance in hell at training a pack of wolves, this just takes willing suspension of disbelief and arsef**ks it with no Vaseline.

Beware

The Long Arm Inteligent T-Rex Ahead!

Is that supposed to be a genetically "smartened" Giganatosaurus? or Carcharadontosaurus? :blink: Sooooo, this'll be like: Deep Blue Sea, only on land? PASS.

Is the big bad dino commanding the pterosaurs to attack people?

My eagerness for this has dropped a few pegs after this trailer. At least they address the silly concept in the trailer. "Why make new ones? They're DINOSAURS." "Meh, corporate says so..."

I also wish we could get away from the pteranodon picking up an adult human trope. I realize it's a King Kong reference, we get it.

It wouldn't work. Maybe lift & drop, but a sustained carry would be as likely than a swallow bringing a coconut to England.

Edited by Kelsain

Do people not know that animals communicate? At least at some level? We even communicate with our pets. Like when the dog whines and looks at the door and sometimes hits you or grabs the leash to say I need to use the bathroom?

I'm just going to say that as far as communication goes...

An animal trainer who's been working with his critters for years is a lot more plausible than a paleontologist using a skull casting as a flute after a combined total of maybe a day running from said critters.