Where to buy Mr. Color and Gaianotes Paints?

cool8or

Unfortunately, looks like Japan Post doesn't allow the shipping of any type of paint, even through surface mail, or else I'd pick up and send to you.

I just wrote a shipping question to Kuroneko Yamato about shipping, see if they reply.

Also, during my research, I came across this place in Australia that carries both Mr. Color and GaiNotes, and looks like they ship internationally.

Edited by Jefuemon

Mr Color lacquer paints are damn near unobtainable in the states these days... I still have a bunch I ordered from Rainbow Ten, back when they still did mail orders. But that was the only way I ever found to get them.

Their Aqueos line of acrylics is pretty good too, and I've seen them in some local hobby shops. But the color range is a bit more limited.

Unfortunately, looks like Japan Post doesn't allow the shipping of any type of paint, even through surface mail, or else I'd pick up and send to you.

I just wrote a shipping question to Kuroneko Yamato about shipping, see if they reply.

Also, during my research, I came across this place in Australia that carries both Mr. Color and GaiNotes, and looks like they ship internationally.

As I am interested in the Gaianotes paint line as well I emailed that "place in Australia" and asked if they would ship to Canada. Here is the response I got just now.

"Thanks for your question.

We can ship upto 6 jars of GaiaNotes and Gunze paints for each parcel to Canada. If you would like to order over 6 jars, you may need to place separate orders or use Sea Mail instead.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,"

Granted Australia is a little far to go for model paint, but not that much further than Japan.

The paints are good but fall under import restrictions that has the classified as HAZMAT, hence they can't shopped by anyone.

Rainbow 10/R10 grid to get around it by packaging them with other items, but got found out and their overseas online shopping disappeared.

Same counts for putties, metalizers, etc.

My advise is to find a good local replacement, most modelers I know use locally sourced materials?

And yes I could source those products and ship them, don't fancy the cops showing up, getting thrown in jail with a subsequent removal of my Permanent Residence and a 15yr re-entry ban

thank you guys for your posts. sadly here in Chile, the Hobby Stores ony sells Model Master and Humbrol Enamels. I prefer lacquers because they're more resistant to touches and friction.

In these online stores you can find both paints. LuckyModel have a good selection of Gunze and some Gaianotes, Hobbyeasy have a good selection of Gaianotes and not a good stock of Gunze, both stores located in Honk Kong. The best store for both brands is in Malaysia, that store carry all lines of paints, great selection, good prices but risky shipping, they will send you the order but at your own risk, I personally order from all 3 stores with good results, but I never order more than 5 jars.

Honk Kong
http://www.hobbyeasy.com/
http://www.luckymodels.com

Malasia
http://www.mgs2u.com

USA

http://store.spruebrothers.com

I think have GUNZE lacquers, you can't order outside of USA, but good for US citizens

Edited by joscasle

• 1 month later...

Mr Color lacquer paints are damn near unobtainable in the states these days... I still have a bunch I ordered from Rainbow Ten, back when they still did mail orders. But that was the only way I ever found to get them.

Their Aqueos line of acrylics is pretty good too, and I've seen them in some local hobby shops. But the color range is a bit more limited.

Hi Valkyrie,

Have you tried hobbywave.com for Mr. Color paints ?. I've never bought from them and some feedback would be good before "sweeping the card". They show a pretty decent range of paints and supplies on the web store.

Edited by ivorysniper

Hi Valkyrie,

Have you tried hobbywave.com for Mr. Color paints ?. I've never bought from them and some feedback would be good before "sweeping the card". They show a pretty decent range of paints and supplies on the web store.

I hadn't heard of them before, but I'm liking the site! They're a bit pricey, but their selection is great. And they're probably just about the only place that sells this stuff these days...

I hadn't heard of them before, but I'm liking the site! They're a bit pricey, but their selection is great. And they're probably just about the only place that sells this stuff these days...

... and the $12.00 flat rate shipping is very convenient if one intends to stock up a decent amount of paints and supplies.