jvmacross

Item of Interest spotted on........eBay???

I have a listing for a Yamato Big West Fan Racer hopefully it is not wrong to put out your own listing, the last 3 posting i make trying to sell stuff gets deleted. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201603461985?

Edited by Mechwarrior

I have a listing for a Yamato Big West Fan Racer hopefully it is not wrong to put out your own listing, the last 3 posting i make trying to sell stuff gets deleted. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201603461985?

Hi Mechwarrior,

If your other listings have been deleted, then you might want to review the "Please Read Before Posting" note that it in the For Sale section.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23947

The mods will often clean out listings in that section that do not follow the rules outlined in that note. Specifically, eBay posts from members do not belong in the for sale section but are okay to post in the the Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials section. In this thread, members post random deals instead of their own lisitngs, but I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a link to your own auction if you think it is a good deal. ;)

I'll leave that to jvmacross to decide since he started this particular deals thread.

Hi Mechwarrior,

If your other listings have been deleted, then you might want to review the "Please Read Before Posting" note that it in the For Sale section.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23947

The mods will often clean out listings in that section that do not follow the rules outlined in that note. Specifically, eBay posts from members do not belong in the for sale section but are okay to post in the the Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials section. In this thread, members post random deals instead of their own lisitngs, but I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a link to your own auction if you think it is a good deal. ;)

I'll leave that to jvmacross to decide since he started this particular deals thread.

Pretty sure its that they didn't have a price listed. They wrote that in BOLD on your post as well.

Pretty sure its that they didn't have a price listed. They wrote that in BOLD on your post as well.

Oh, I think we are saying the same thing. :)

Mechwarrior wrote "hopefully it is not wrong to put out your own listing" to which I replied with my post so that he could see the rules that Hurin put together. I don't think Hurin is an active member here anymore, but I'm not the author of the rules I linked to. I was thinking that Mechwarrior might have missed or ignored the mod warnings. It was meant to be helpful, that's all.

Wow! $4500 for both Stick and Ley's MISB Beagle 1/10 Ride Armors. :blink:

Well, atleast they offered Free Shipping to anywhere in the world. However, they do not accept returns, exchage nor refunds. ^_^

Wow! $4500 for both Stick and Ley's MISB Beagle 1/10 Ride Armors. :blink:

Well, atleast they offered Free Shipping to anywhere in the world. However, they do not accept returns, exchage nor refunds. ^_^

It's been a month and a half, and the Japanese Yen is going up. But increasing it with $499 more. Hope it comes with an air-tight glass cabinet and a security alarm. :rolleyes:

By the way, there's a Used Arcadia 1/60 VF-0D. Bidding starts at $99.99. And it will end in 17hours and 32mins. Good luck! ;)

Sorry MWers....took this one for myself...... ^_^

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191985723643?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Didn't even think twice about hitting the "buy it now" button! :p

And I just received it today.....

gallery_12176_633_580625.jpg

Based on the pics, it definitely was a vintage Takatoku GBP Armor set....and is was indeed complete! Even came with a gunpod and arm clip!

Wasted no time and decided to spend a few minutes playing "dress-up" with a loose Takatoku VF-1J I had laying around....

gallery_12176_633_1490424.jpg

Old School never gets old!!! :wub:

Sorry MWers....took this one for myself...... ^_^

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191985723643?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Didn't even think twice about hitting the "buy it now" button! :p

And I just received it today.....

gallery_12176_633_580625.jpg

Based on the pics, it definitely was a vintage Takatoku GBP Armor set....and is was indeed complete! Even came with a gunpod and arm clip!

Wasted no time and decided to spend a few minutes playing "dress-up" with a loose Takatoku VF-1J I had laying around....

gallery_12176_633_1490424.jpg

Old School never gets old!!! :wub:

Great find indeed, JVM! :good:

Thanks guys!

Although there is no question that much of the newer stuff we are getting is superior in so many ways.....

I will always have love and respect for the vintage stuff, especially the original Takatoku SDF Macross toys!

Happy 34th Birthday to the World of Macross Collecting!!!

:drinks:

Quite a few Bandai 1/72 YF-25 Prophecys turning up on Yahoo JP

Well, ignoring the quality of the good and just market values, it's better than average. 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

EvoToys VF-2SS with SAP (Fairy) for $162 shipped. Good price?

Yes.....

The best price off YJA is from this seller.....not sure if he has any left....but after proxy fees and shipping....it'll probably be the same as the ebay listing....

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g206578758

I think HLJ still has some....eventually they will clearance them all.....

11 hours ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Just thought I'd leave this here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131838284266?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Saw this only once on eBay around 2013 and never since. 

That kit has been sitting on my "watch list" for years......I am surprised no one has bought it and recasted it yet....I'd pay 50 bucks tops for a recast with all the joints included....then again, that's probably why no one has done that, probably not a profitable venture.....8)

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

YF-21 w Fast Packs

This will sell for $400+ easy

Hahaha! I know. ^_^

I'm just glad I'm done getting two of this for a total of $300. ;)

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! I know. ^_^

I'm just glad I'm done getting two of this for a total of $300. ;)

wow, where did you get 2 yf-21's for $300?

I can't even get one for <$350 lol

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

48 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

wow, where did you get 2 yf-21's for $300?

I can't even get one for <$350 lol

Both won on eBay too. 2 years ago. ;)

I don't know what is going on, but the price of 1/60 birds has rammed through the roof in the past year and a half. When i first started combing ebay for 1/60 valks at the beginning of 2016, you could find yamato yf-19s and 21s for around 150-250 (at the highest). Now, you are paying nearly 400 for a 21.  it's like the whole market lost their collective minds at once.  

I feel like this is an artificial market as well, one that was set by ebay sellers reaching for the moon and kept on doing so because other sellers followed suit. I see so many valks go unsold, only to be relisted again at the same astronomical price point. Also see a lot of shill bidding happening as well.  

Starting to reach the point where I might just get out of collecting valkyries all together.  Very discouraging. 

Edited by Cowboy17

Yeah it sucks for folks like me who weren't able to buy these things when they were released. I have to think long and hard about the items I want because market prices are often prohibitive. 

20 hours ago, Cowboy17 said:

I don't know what is going on, but the price of 1/60 birds has rammed through the roof in the past year and a half. When i first started combing ebay for 1/60 valks at the beginning of 2016, you could find yamato yf-19s and 21s for around 150-250 (at the highest). Now, you are paying nearly 400 for a 21.  it's like the whole market lost their collective minds at once.  

I feel like this is an artificial market as well, one that was set by ebay sellers reaching for the moon and kept on doing so because other sellers followed suit. I see so many valks go unsold, only to be relisted again at the same astronomical price point. Also see a lot of shill bidding happening as well.  

Starting to reach the point where I might just get out of collecting valkyries all together.  Very discouraging. 

Yeah i'm not sure what happened with ebay. When i first started collecting back in 2007/2008 up until aprox 2-3 years ago i use to be able to find reasonable priced valks and even occasional deals. Lately it's exactly as you stated, prices out of the roof. Even for common easy to find/shelf warmers. I've been sticking with the used online retailers like mandarake and jungle. Though jungle seems to be following suit as well this last year.

I agree with you that its seem to be an artificial market. Ebay has vf-1 ver1s or over a $100 US for pete's sake. No one in their right mind would pay that. One thing i think factored in to this madness was the increases in shipping fees. I think sellers incorporated the the additional cost in their prices. Still doesn't explain the more crazier prices. It's really ridiculous. I'm selling some old valks on ebay at reasonable prices and they are still taking a long time to sell if they do at all. If their not selling at my prices, i can't see people selling them at the current astronomical prices unless it's a super rare valk.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:29 PM, Cowboy17 said:

750$ is the price now for a yamato vf-22s?  Jesus Christ.

16 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

750$ is the price now for a yamato vf-22s?  Jesus Christ.

At this point in time, it's either you just wait for someone here who's willing to sell it below $500 or get it loose for that matter. Or pray for Arcadia to reissue it if they're not going to version it up.