jvmacross

Item of Interest spotted on........eBay???

ebay shmeebay... bargains (for our hobby anyways) simply don't exist in this place anymore.. and if you do find one, the seller either dummy bids to push up the price or cancels only to relist it at a higher price! screw that..

Okay, that makes more sense. Thanks for the information and advice!

You're welcome. :)

Toynami PopBox Maximillian Jenius Figure. I heard it's rare so people who still doesn't have this one, join the bidding game now! ;)

For people who likes Hikaru more than Max, like me, you can buy this one now! ^_^

Happy Bidding!

Ok. I'm not familiar with Takatoku 1/55 prices. But seeing these two over at eBay, I didn't know that the Valkyrie itself just cost around $60(?). ;)

Box Only bid starts $100. Buy It Now for $130. (Robot is NOT included as per seller's description)

s-l600.jpg

Box with the rest inside @ $159.69.

s-l600.jpg

And a repackaged 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo from Yamato. Bid starts at $139.

s-l600.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

The market for vintage 1/55 Takatoku pretty much crashed after Bandai re-released the orignal 5. The listing above for the complete VF-1J is fair market value. With any vintage collectible, the final value is based on the overall condition and the pool of interested buyers.

The only 1/55's that still hold some value are the Valk + Armor bundled sets....with the Bandai Elint and Super O commanding up to $600 or more for pristine samples. Still, nothing like the old days when they would easily command over $1000 for samples in average condition.

I have a few items up for auction, sorry US shipping only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121947777377?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

That VF-X is going to make someone very happy. Good luck on the sale! I'm tempted to bid & I just bought one! I'm going to wind up on that Hoarders show if I don't stop buying. That or I'll be the first person to die by being crushed by Yamato & Arcadia boxes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamato-MACROSS-VT-1-Super-Ostrich-1-60-figure-/231919387489?hash=item35ff790361:g:qHsAAOSwKfVXF4-N

"Yamato MACROSS VT-1 Super Ostrich 1:60 figure"

Not sure if it qualifies, but the price seems good ~ $195 shipped.

Had I not been spending on my impending HMR Glaug and jetfire customization project, I'd be sorely tempted. I'm just basically tempted at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamato-MACROSS-VT-1-Super-Ostrich-1-60-figure-/231919387489?hash=item35ff790361:g:qHsAAOSwKfVXF4-N

"Yamato MACROSS VT-1 Super Ostrich 1:60 figure"

Not sure if it qualifies, but the price seems good ~ $195 shipped.

Had I not been spending on my impending HMR Glaug and jetfire customization project, I'd be sorely tempted. I'm just basically tempted at the moment.

I was thinking that was unusually cheap for one of those especially on ebay but upon loading the link to discover its a v1..

that's the V1 superostrich, not worth that much.

Edit: didn't refresh the tab since yesterday before replying.

Edited by barurutor

Last VF-1D VR's on YJA have sold at around 50K...

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p509665232

http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o127630704

Add fees and International shipping and you are close to $600...the $40 shipping cost sounds like he is trying to recover the ebay/paypal fees....

$40 (aud) is on average what I get slugged for shipping to Australia.. -_- for example I bought the Neca Cheyenne dropship set from BBTS and the postage costs were more than the toy itself! <_<

$40 (aud) is on average what I get slugged for shipping to Australia.. -_- for example I bought the Neca Cheyenne dropship set from BBTS and the postage costs were more than the toy itself! <_<

$40 AUD is about $30 USD....that would be about what to expect (a little high) to get a VF-1 shipped from Japan to the US via EMS....so nothing wrong with that...

The seller, however, is wanting $40 USD shipped within the US....using economy shipping! Thus my comment about padding the shipping cost to offset his Paypal/Ebay fees...in other words, he wants his buyer to pay a bit more than market price for the VR and assume the costs of both eBay and Paypal fees....

My advice to anyone who wants a VR and is willing to pay current market price for it....just keep an eye on YJA...

Last VF-1D VR's on YJA have sold at around 50K...

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p509665232

http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o127630704

Add fees and International shipping and you are close to $600...the $40 shipping cost sounds like he is trying to recover the ebay/paypal fees....

I purchased the first one there on YJA, and I ended up paying just north of $500 after all was said and done <_<

Edited by Old Man

$40 AUD is about $30 USD....that would be about what to expect (a little high) to get a VF-1 shipped from Japan to the US via EMS....so nothing wrong with that...

The seller, however, is wanting $40 USD shipped within the US....using economy shipping! Thus my comment about padding the shipping cost to offset his Paypal/Ebay fees...in other words, he wants his buyer to pay a bit more than market price for the VR and assume the costs of both eBay and Paypal fees....

My advice to anyone who wants a VR and is willing to pay current market price for it....just keep an eye on YJA...

Yeah absolutely the seller is asking too much!

Also i should have been a bit more specific about my experiences.. for me aud 30-40 is the average from japan (for a valkyrie). Double that (and at times even more) for stuff from USA! But what bugged me was the Neca toy from BBTS.. the toy itself was 27 usd but the shipping was 35 usd! Why so much postage fee for such a small carton??

But i guess thats just how it is the sadly.. i have tried many times to argue the postage costs but only when i knew i was being taken for a ride.

Knock-off version of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1J GBP Missile Effect Parts. $80 + $20 shipping. Surprise to see that it's just a knock-off.

s-l1600.jpg

Knock-off version of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1J GBP Missile Effect Parts. $80 + $20 shipping. Surprise to see that it's just a knock-off.

s-l1600.jpg

now just knoc-off these knock offs for the rest of us at $40 a pop!

Agreed. $40 shipped is not bad for those missile effects. ;)

do people actually play a price like that for a toy??

...considering how much you got yours for, eh? :D

ahhh yes indeed I do remember! :p:DB))

wow.... thats a new record