The price of Super Parts and Armor Parts is ridiculous!

Novareign

I refuse to pay the same price for the super parts and armor that I pay for Valkyries. I heard of supply and demand but they can't be serious with this inflation. I see they cost from $30 to $100 and that's ok but I've seen prices from $200 to $400. I guess I'll have to have naked Valkyries lol.

I refuse to pay the same price for the super parts and armor that I pay for Valkyries. I heard of supply and demand but they can't be serious with this inflation. I see they cost from $30 to $100 and that's ok but I've seen prices from $200 to $400. I guess I'll have to have naked Valkyries lol.

18k to 20k for alto/ozma armors parts in mandarake are good as sold the moment they are listed so people really are serious. it is not about inflation, it is just about that the super parts are made to order and most likely will never get re-release.

heck even the cheap (at release)yf-29 alto super parts were sold at 15k yen :wacko:

Yeah, it sucks but what can you do?

Tamashii Web Shop exclusives are made to order and aren't re-issued often, if ever.

Even the V1's were never reissued as-is. They only saw re-release as gift packs.

considering some of the parts have been out for over 2 years and they weren't exactly a whole lot of them it doesn't surprise me at all.

It was worse in the 90's when there were only the old Bandai DYRL Valkyries going for $400 to $700. Thank God those days are over. I do think Alto YF-29 super parts going for $200 now is rediculous. Granted they would be snapped up in heartbeat for $100 but that is a small set that was very cheap to begin with.. My Alto YF-29 will be my only naked YF-29 and I don't think I will buy super parts for my VF-25F either since I have the armor and tornado parts too.

I agree that the prices for the tamashii exclusive super/armored packs are a bit prohibitive. But this is not surprising considering they are "exclusive", limited run items. It's just the nature of the market. It's no different from buying an out of print baseball card for a thousand bucks. We may think the price is ridiculous, but as long as there is someone willing to pay that price, then the sellers will tend to set prices at the greatest common denominator. Market demand determines value after all.

Anyone remember that C-3PO Kenner figure that got sold for over three thousand bucks on ebay? If I remember correctly, that became a major turning point for collectors markets everywhere. Sellers all over the world became aware that it is possible to find someone willing to pay exorbitant prices for limited/out of print/production collector's items.

Collecting valkyries ain't no poor man's hobby that's for sure. :-)

I was really lucky, i got my 25s armour parts for around $150, i actually ordered the alto one and he sent me by mistake the ozma ones, and decided to keep it as he was selling them both for the same price, a while later i got my alto parts for around the same price and was a happy camper

Edited by Guyffon

I was also lucky with all of Ozma's parts after Bandai's latest reissue of the 25S. But I've resigned myself to just the Tornado parts for the 25F. I picked up the 25G supers on Manadarake at a nice price just in case that Valkyrie gets a reissue. If not, I'll find another use for them (Prophecy). ;)

Personally, I don't think the frontier armors and supers look that great.

Doesn't add much to the design to me... mentioned it in other threads but yeah. It seems confused. Round parts and hard lines.

I only want a handful of frontier valks, but armors and supers aren't a big priority for me.

I dunno why but for some reason whenever I look at the Armored Messiahs I think of this and the Death Blossom:

laststarfighter10.jpg

Can the "Death Blossom" be considered in the realm of Itano Circus?

Back on topic. Back when I first started collecting a year ago I found it was almost impossible to find Alto's and Ozma's Super and Armor sets for a not too crazy price. I was lucky to find a kind fellow member here and luck on ebay to find the sets . I say just keep looking and you might get lucky.

The only way I see armored parts coming out is for maybe a bundle set like some have mentioned or for totally unexpected versions (General or Prophecy versions?).

As far as Supers, if you're handy with painting I say just buy the cheapest sets available and repaint. I dunno 'bout the decals though.

Edited by wmkjr

I'm one of the people who bought a full set of super parts and armor parts when they came out, despite not having the valk they went with. Took like 2 years to get everything, (until the re-issue) but I think that was the smart way to go. (also, I figured Alto armor would be "rare" in the future, as many people saw no need to get it at the time, not vs the iconic Ozma armor)

Even if one paid over MSRP for the valk itself, it could still be cheaper than paying over MSRP for both the super parts AND the armor parts.

I'm one of the people who bought a full set of super parts and armor parts when they came out, despite not having the valk they went with. Took like 2 years to get everything, (until the re-issue) but I think that was the smart way to go. (also, I figured Alto armor would be "rare" in the future, as many people saw no need to get it at the time, not vs the iconic Ozma armor)

Even if one paid over MSRP for the valk itself, it could still be cheaper than paying over MSRP for both the super parts AND the armor parts.

this is the reason why I bought the Tornado Parts for 25F even though I still have no 25F back then :D

Not just the parts but also the Valks cost a fortune! at this rate I might have to sell a kidney to afford one!

P.s. Don't get me started on the customs & excise duty either (UK at 20%) I think that every shippment should come with a free tub of Vasseline!! (Lol)

Not just the parts but also the Valks cost a fortune! at this rate I might have to sell a kidney to afford one!

P.s. Don't get me started on the customs & excise duty either (UK at 20%) I think that every shippment should come with a free tub of Vasseline!! (Lol)

True. The lesson I learned from collecting expensive toys such as Yamato/Arcadia/BandaiDX is that you really need to sell a liver or a kidney. Hahaha! Just kidding. :lol: On a serious note, always set a limit. Don't force or pressure yourself on buying what you really can't afford. I know there's credit cards and all that stuff but always put a limit. Don't max out just because you want this one specific valk which you know it will take awhile before you finish paying for it. And while doing that, another new one will be announced. I know it sucks that this hobby is not for everyone. I still envy members who has multiple copies since they can display all the modes along with their individual add-on parts. But I'm trying hard not to level with them (in terms of buying multiple copies) coz I know in the end I'm the one who's going to suffer by paying credit card debts. :unsure:

I live in the UK currently for my study. I never get custom and excise tax for toys that I bought from Japan. I got taxed for the toys and statues I ordered from Sideshow toys from USA.

I assume this depends whether the shop declares the correct value on the the box or not.

Speaking of taxes, it seems that my happy days of tax-free importing of Macross/hobby stuff are over. Ever since my last two purchases, the customs people here in Indonesia have decided to start taxing me close to 30% for my packages. :-(

Once I complete my SMS skull squadron, I'll have to take a break from this hobby until I move to a more import-friendly place.

Edited by brouken

Speaking of taxes, it seems that my happy days of tax-free importing of Macross/hobby stuff are over. Ever since my last two purchases, the customs people here in Indonesia have decided to start taxing me close to 30% for my packages. :-(

Once I complete my SMS skull squadron, I'll have to take a break from this hobby until I move to a more import-friendly place.

30% is insane. Well, maybe not as crazy as taxes in South America, but harsh nonetheless.

Amen!!!!

• 2 weeks later...