Let's vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!!!&#33

jvmacross

Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy!

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy
  2. 2. OK...what the heck....if Arcadia said to heck with bankruptcy and went for 2 new molds a year...what is your second pick?

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy

I would buy a Battle 7 in a heartbeat, way more attractive to me than the Quarter or even the SDF-1. It would be forever posed pointing the main cannon at my ceiling.

I'd be all over a Battle 7 and SDFM SDF-1. I want the capitol ships so hard and unfortunately the only two we've got between Yamcadia/Bandai are the two I really don't like at all. DYRL SDF-1 and the Quarter are weaker designs imo.

I've been hunting for Arcadia rumors from my usual rumor droppers but I haven't heard a peep. They might be going all JJ Abrams level of secrecy on the next item... or they might be slowing things down.

I pray you're wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Given both the the YF-19 and 0D were already in the planning stages at Yamato they were the cheapest to make given some early engineering was already done. Anything beyond this gets more expensive.

A redo of yf-21 with the whole "bulky robot" look? (milk this mold for vf-22 toys from mac7)

They did it with yf and vf-19, next is yf-21/vf-22.

Then a bulky looking vf-11b

and then vf-11c complete with full armor and giant gunpod and ratcheted elbow joint to hold it up?

YF-21 was great slim fighter plane. Yamato at the time wanted it to match the images of it in the anime where it looks just like any normal stealthy plane. But we all know that pics of it in battroid mode makes it a lot more muscular and "alpha male". It's time for them to do to yf-21 and vf-11 what they suceeded in doing to the yf-19 and vf-19 fire and blazer valk: Give them steroids for robot mode fans.

Remember when people laughed at how skinny the 1/48 vf-1 was with its tiny hands which looked like they belonged to a girl? And how oversized the gbp was? And then came 1/60 v2 VF-1 to fix this problem?

Well they can revisit vf-11 and yf-21 again I say. (legs on the 1/60 yf-21 are too skinny. Everyone can see this)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

A new YF-21 with anime accurate legs will be nearly impossible. There's no way they'll fit inside the plane (kindda the reason why Yamatos are so skinny) without compromising fighter mode largely.

I also hope Jenius is wrong, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they just quit the 1/60 Macross toy line (except for repaints). The real chalenge will be once Bandais' VF-19 is out, but they are stepping hard and lets face it, without a new license Arcadia will eventually run out of valks to make. And the onces they have left are not that popular.

Anyways, last year the tease for the 0D came on Jan 20 (Wonderfest was Feb 9), so I still have my hopes up.

I've been hunting for Arcadia rumors from my usual rumor droppers but I haven't heard a peep. They might be going all JJ Abrams level of secrecy on the next item... or they might be slowing things down.

I can't see how much slower Arcadia can go. LOL! Arcadia has kinda been a disappointment so far IMO. Like someone said above, "they are no Yamato". I doubt we'll ever see max and mirya vfs re-released or anything else that isn't a hero valk. I shouldn't complain though since it's been hard to keep up with bandai's offerings lately. They've really filled the void. Though it'd be nice to see valks other than vf-25/yf-29s.

I can't see how much slower Arcadia can go. LOL! Arcadia has kinda been a disappointment so far IMO. Like someone said above, "they are no Yamato". I doubt we'll ever see max and mirya vfs re-released or anything else that isn't a hero valk. I shouldn't complain though since it's been hard to keep up with bandai's offerings lately. They've really filled the void. Though it'd be nice to see valks other than vf-25/yf-29s.

Give them a break, they're a tiny shop and they need to stay afloat. Remember, Mr K originally said if sales could be completely ignored he'd be all over the rare Valks like the VF-9. The desire is there, but they have to stay afloat. I'm honestly not sure how much desire there is for M&M's by anyone but the people on this board. Maybe, because there isn't a flood of VF-1's anymore they would be more likely to sell out.

...I wonder if it would make sense for Arcadia to put EVERY mold(that they've currently made/own) on pre-order?

Everyone gets a choice, Arcadia gets an idea of what's popular..as it's a pre-order little/no shelf warmers ..everybody wins?

Edited by troyness

...I wonder if it would make sense for Arcadia to put EVERY mold(that they've currently made/own) on pre-order?

Everyone gets a choice, Arcadia gets an idea of what's popular..as it's a pre-order little/no shelf warmers ..everybody wins?

By pre-order do you mean not as a general release but pre-order only?

By pre-order do you mean not as a general release but pre-order only?

...Yes, No general release of ANYTHING 1/60 Macross...As an example: put ALL the VF-1 mold/variants up for pre-order AT THE SAME TIME.Have a pre-order "window" ..close the window/rent the factory for the production run/manufacture ..more Valkyries sold/consumer gets the variant they want.

Arcadia could use this business model as a consumer test both nationally/internationally

I've been thinking about this. If the next thing they release is the 0S they're absolutely not going to mention it until after the 0D is sold/paid for. They're going to wait and see how many bite on the 0D before cannibalizing their own sales if it's another of the Valks from Zero.

I think collectors will see new OS as a good excuse to reboot thier macrosss zero collection because of the better joints etc. I think the made to order thing suits me fine. One release of a new toy a year also helps the poor budget-conscious guy save up. If they were to try to release it all at once they would end up driving the community broke imo

A more durable but more expensive toy is what toy collectors wish for. (bandai is flooding the market with too much stuff and I doubt people have enough room to display all at once hehe) They can't compete with bandai on price but they can go for small details that fans of toy collection look for to develop a reputation amongst core fanbase.

If they did another limited release of vf-4 I think those who missed out would buy. Repaint of this is what people want. I noticed in macross 7 manga there is milia flashbacks of this mecha featured a lot. Do licenses for manga exist like for tv show? For instance if a new mecha appears that does not appear in tv show or movie in a comic book, can toy company get license for that mech?

300px-FB2012_VF4a.jpg

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think collectors will see new OS as a good excuse to reboot thier macrosss zero collection because of the better joints etc. I think the made to order thing suits me fine. One release of a new toy a year also helps the poor budget-conscious guy save up. If they were to try to release it all at once they would end up driving the community broke imo

A more durable but more expensive toy is what toy collectors wish for. (bandai is flooding the market with too much stuff and I doubt people have enough room to display all at once hehe) They can't compete with bandai on price but they can go for small details that fans of toy collection look for to develop a reputation amongst core fanbase.

If they did another limited release of vf-4 I think those who missed out would buy. Repaint of this is what people want. I noticed in macross 7 manga there is milia flashbacks of this mecha featured a lot. Do licenses for manga exist like for tv show? For instance if a new mecha appears that does not appear in tv show or movie in a comic book, can toy company get license for that mech?

300px-FB2012_VF4a.jpg

Are there a lot of flashbacks to the VF-4 in the manga???

Edited by Mommar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll BITE even if it's just an assembly kit like the VF-1's. As long that it's pre-painted in DYRL White. :D

as long as it is assembly kit, ill bite any yamato/arcadia kit even if it is painted pink. :D

My VF-1 is shaping really good and overall I am happy, even though there are mishap (due to lack of practice and patience on my end)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When I submitted the "choice" for the VF-2SS...I assumed that anyone actually brave (crazy?) enough to release it would have included the SAP......

Wonder if a SAP-less VF-2SS would have still been the highest vote-getter?

I dunno... I was very underwhelmed by the evolution toy release images

• 1 year later...
On 20/08/2014 at 7:17 PM, jvmacross said:

OK...for whatever it's worth...let's see if our tastes have changed.....what do you want Arcadia to release next?

Your pick not on the list....I can add 5 more choices......or perhaps you have a particular version of what is listed in mind? Let them know!

1. Nousjadeul-Ger (DYRL)

2. Quaedluun-Rau (TV)

3. Gnerl

4. Light and Heavy Zentraedi        Soldiers (SDFM)

5. Zentraedi Shuttle (SDFM)

Edited by Podtastic
Legibility

1 hour ago, Cowboy17 said:

yf-21/vf-22s so i dont have to pay these ridiculous scalper prices. 750 bucks go to hell

Hahaha just keep an eye out. I recently picked up a YF-21 with fast packs on ebay for 255 usd shipped. Not cheap but not insane scalper price (scalpers can eat a d!ck). 

VF-22's can be had for 250'ish as well but a reissue would be great. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

After the ET VF-2SS disaster, I still want to see Arcadia take a crack at it! (For argument sake, take the licensing out of the equation). 

A new version or reissue of the YF-21/VF-22 would be great too!