Let's vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!!!&#33

jvmacross

Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy....again!   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next Arcadia PT toy!

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy
  2. 2. OK...what the heck....if Arcadia said to heck with bankruptcy and went for 2 new molds a year...what is your second pick?

• VF-2SS Valkyrie II SAP
    • VA-1SS Metal Siren
    • VF-5000
    • VF-3000
    • VF-17T
    • VF-11MAXL
    • VF-14 (Macross Plus/M7)
    • VF-14 (M3)
    • VF-9
    • VA-3
    • Fz-109
    • TV SDF-1
    • Battle 7
    • Destroid Phalanx
    • Destroid Spartan
    • VF-2J
    • Regult 1/60 completed toy

Destroid Phalanx - with normal, weathered and blue versions . . .

maybe EXO can get some serious pre-order/cash commitments from MW members so he can try and get this one out to the masses....you probably know how expensive self-produced stuff can get....

https://www.facebook.com/Macrossworld/photos/a.738951236188254.1073742197.334036913346357/738953789521332/?type=1&theater

10014213_738953789521332_315678690090061

Guest davidwhangchoi

maybe EXO can get some serious pre-order/cash commitments from MW members so he can try and get this one out to the masses....you probably know how expensive self-produced stuff can get....

https://www.facebook.com/Macrossworld/photos/a.738951236188254.1073742197.334036913346357/738953789521332/?type=1&theater

10014213_738953789521332_315678690090061

where's the pre-order button!!!!

damn!!! that looks so accurate. hands down the best custom i've seen

It was at MWCon. Looks great indeed.

I may be shooting really low here but I'd love to see a VF-0S announcement (using most the parts from the new 0D) sometime in the near future. I suspect though that after the VF-1J+GBP we're going to have a long pause.

• 4 weeks later...

Considering how many people have been asking for a VF-2SS SAP maybe it might be worth it for them to listen to their western customers. Obviously ignoring us wasn't the reason Yamato went under, but it doesn't mean Arcadia can't try something different as a small house. If they could come up with a really really solid VF-2SS that was beyond the quality of anything other valks out there with some cool new features... ah wishful thinking. I doubt it'll happen.

They should hire more people to re-release their previous works, since the blueprints are there (strike/super parts, VF-4, hard to find VF-1, VF-11, VF-19A + variants, VF-0B + variants in sequence)

while the ol guys work on new designs like the VF-3000, VF-14, VF-2SS, phalanx, spartan, VF-5000, VF-9 and so on...

but being Arcadia, they will release the least wanted item again...

VF-2SS

Also if it going to be super expensive include a stand that has speakers in it and under the base is mp3 player preloaded with songs from the macross II soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D4rocwLDOs

Arcadia should also do bad guy power armor from macross II as well. The dude in the demonic red mech looked pretty cool.

gigamesh-feff.gif

Do something that bandai isn't going to want to do. Limit the release of mac II stuff to keep the price high on the second hand market so collectors can feel good buying it despite the high initial prices. Innovate by adding stuff like better stands that are heavy in the base so it doesn't feel cheap.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, double posted so I'll edit this one.

A while back on Mr. K's Twitter, there was a shot of the 0D in the intial white mockup in gerwalk with a screensaver of a valk in gerwalk blurred out. Couldn't figure out what it was. Far reaching for me to say could be a hint?

Edited by wmkjr

When they were producing the yf-19 they showed a picture of some sketches and teased with a small vf-0D, a Sheryl figure in a wedding dress and a red ghost from pacman. Well..., they announced the 0D and after that T-Rex released the super parts for the yf-19 they produced..., so..., if there is any reality in that, we should expect the ghost X-9 from M Plus??

It would be pretty lame if they take a whole year to make that, I mean, almost no gimmicks and no transformation, but it would be nice anyways.

The TV SDF-1 and VF-2SS have a lock on 50% of the total votes for first choice....so if Arcadia announces either or none....the majority will still be disappointed....Welcome to MacrossWorld!

iI am voting towards that the next release from arcadia will not be from those two :p

So rage rage rage!

Oh, we will be disappointed for sure. Arcadia has run out of hero valks, save the vf-11 maxl and the vf-17T and I don't think they are as popular as needed to be their next release (the 11 maxl is 4th on the list and the 17T is last). In my opinion they have only 2 sure sells, a new vf-0s (and if it comes with reactive armour, better) or a new yf-21 (asumming new valks of course, a vf-4 FB 2012 or M&M super J's will sell in a heartbeat, but they'll be just repaints, I'm talking of a completly new mold). Everything else is a shot in the dark. They might or might not sell.

Based on what Bandai has in the pipeline...Arcadia would be foolish not to re-release the Max and Millia VF-1J's.....they have already countered with the GBP-1J reissue....Super VF-1S TV may follow....plus a Super VF-1A TV combo boxset would be nice....with a slew of squadron insignias to customize your valk...or force you to buy more? ;)

JOpaUaW.jpg

....of course, they could always re-release their Regult as a toy or complete the Destroid line??? :rolleyes:

I could never put my finger on it but the 7 era ship designs have never sat right with me. I just imagine they're made out of ice crystals or something because of the huge panels of zero detail (at least based on the line art). They're OK. Not terrible. But not awesome, imo.

Battle 7 or any of the new macross class really they're such handsome ships.

I would buy a Battle 7 in a heartbeat, way more attractive to me than the Quarter or even the SDF-1. It would be forever posed pointing the main cannon at my ceiling.

While for new molds I'd love to see the VF-2SS, I know it's unlikely to happen. I do really hope they reissue some of Yamato's old molds though, I could use a couple more super sets to match the white on my Arcadia valks, and a 1/3000 DYRL Macross rerelease would make my year.