a shoutout from an old guy

Skull Leader

Anyone remember Edo Andromedo C and SkullOne? They were members around the early 2000s and frequent posters. Edo had the most bizarre longass posts I have ever read on any board. Sometimes his posts were so long they would go off on tangents! SkullOne was from Greece I think, and was a frequent jouster with many other posters until getting the boot a while ago. Then there was the often controversial and abrasive Jemstone, who could forget her? I myself hadn't posted here in years, but I liked this nostalgic trip.

Wow, JsArclight and Bsu Legato haven't been around for 2+ years?! They were daily dudes around here too!

Hi there Skull Leader, from a guy who is kinda new. I discovered Macross back in 2011 when I was searching for new mecha series I hadn't seen yet. :)

LOL I had already been a diehard fan for 20 years and set it aside for a bit by the time you found it! Hope you've gotten as much enjoyment from it as I have over the years :)

I remember Edo, SkullOne, and Jemstone. She was pretty cool I thought, I did a victory dance the day we banned Edo as I recall.

Anyone remember Edo Andromedo C and SkullOne? They were members around the early 2000s and frequent posters. Edo had the most bizarre longass posts I have ever read on any board. Sometimes his posts were so long they would go off on tangents!

sounds a lot like 1/1 lowViz Lurker

I think JsArclight just moved onto other hobbies....

I was emailing with him last week after thinking about him not being around here. He is hard at work and just had to cut off a distraction.

• 4 months later...

lol! i found a chris B head and was trying to remember the guys name who did it. google brought me here :)

i saw my old forum post count 3,200, holy crap, was on here a LOT.

the thing that got me out was we started getting bombed with too many releases, couldn't keep track and had no money back then.

Hey Kidkorrupt, I have to say that your website was extremely educational to me back in the day because it neatly provided so much information on the background of all the real-world rally cars that the G1 Transformers were based on. A decade on, thank you, dude! :)

What ever happened to Yoshi? That's a name that mysteriously disappeared so many years ago. There was a big purge of regulars (from when I joined) around the time the fourm decided bashing Robotech and M7 was a bit of a no-no.

Oh wow; great list list MW history. While I don't post much, I've been a member since the old days before Yamato released their v1 YF-19 and a collector since my dad brought me home a Takatoku VF-1J from a TDY trip to Japan back in 1985. I remember staring hours at a time at the beautiful chunky-monkey collection featured on Valkyrie Factory, making and keeping a promise to myself search out and obtain every Takatoku/Bandai 1/55 vintage release. I remember corresponding with Rosario Love and others here when customizing was king. I'm happy to have seen how much the fandom has grown and what different companies have offered us over the years, looking forward to what the future has in store.

What exactly happened in 2003? It looks like most of our join dates are clustered around August, is that when it went from old Macrossworld to new/current?

Yup... We switched from BBforums to IPB. Good thing too, I thought the old banner was a bit too phallic. :lol:

post-151-0-31369800-1421611342_thumb.jpg

Oh, ok. I have no idea when I joined, but I remember there was no Yamato yet and all we had were the Taka/Bandais, and the rage was to mod the hell out of those.

14group1fn7.jpg

The 1/48 Club M was a pipe dream gold standard that was essentially unobtanium.

ultimatevf1s_pic8.jpg

I remember when these guys came out, they were thie Shiznit.

noel6.jpg