YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

I have been looking at laser cutters for awhile. Glowforge looks like the smartest laser cutter out there. The price is more than competitive too, when compared to what a traditional laser cutter offers. It is worth a shot.

Added a new item to the webstore.

http://www.yetistand.com/product/75060-ucs-slave-i-wall-mount

There was talk about people wanting to use the pegged base of the YetiStand as a wall mount for their valks. Has anyone down this? Do people want a specific base for wall mounting similar to the slave one mount, but with a YetiStand pivot on it?

Edit:

Like this

x7SlsGvl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I LIKE! :wub:

As long that it's stable and sturdy that's the one I'm going to invest. Been thinking about that before. But not sure if it's doable. But seeing it can be done. I'm going to save now for YetiStands. ;) Imagining now all my Red Black Valks in formation.

Edited by no3ljm

It's holding up really well. I used the xl arm to stress out the cantilever forces in the pivot point. I'll wait a bit before I start offering it. See how it holds things over a few days.

It's holding up really well. I used the xl arm to stress out the cantilever forces in the pivot point. I'll wait a bit before I start offering it. See how it holds things over a few days.

Hey Yeti. Thanks for this. But this is just advisable on one Valk per mount, correct? Thanks! ;)

Hey Yeti. Thanks for this. But this is just advisable on one Valk per mount, correct? Thanks! ;)

Hahaha. Hmmm. I'll put a few on this evening and see how it goes. Seeing as to how well the wall pivot works now, even with the PG gundam and Lego sets, I would think it would work as long as you have the weight of multiples closer to the pivot. I'll try some things out later.

Very nice.

And you are one brave soul. I'd be afraid to leave the room with my preciouses mounted to the wall. :lol:

-b.

I have high confidence in what I have come up with so far, and if it fails while testing I am the only one to blame. Iterate and try again :)

No doubt, that was more a statement on my cowardice ( :lol:) than on your design skills.

-b.

Can you or have you done the Launch-Arm style , yet?

Holding the valk from the top? :)

You know.... I actually have been working on a launch arm that would work in concert with the YetiStand. It goes on a knuckle or dual arm along with your valk of choice and can be posed to look like it is holding or releasing the valk. I haven't touched it in few weeks, but it is pretty sweet.

OMG! I can see my whole room converted into a huge Macross diorama with valks swishing all over the place from the roof and the walls! Need those effects parts like in the Frontier display ASAP! Need to paint one wall daylight sky ,one wall dusk/dawn, one wall and roof space themed with starlights.

Edited by wmkjr

Here's a config with 2 valks. And of course the 2 I picked have the WORST adapters as they do not positively click onto anything. I'll leave them to see if it holds, but it is very solid.

kHXgyKIh.jpg

ilus2N7h.jpg

1SjHUvHh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

That is awesome Yeti!

Thanks!

Yeti, that is fantastic.

I would definitely buy some, I just need to buy a house that has a room where only i call the shots on fixtures and fittings!!

Appreciated. This is definitely man-cave material. People can still bump into them, and kids could still grab them.

I am positive that this could be done in acrylic. Here is a test I just did in PLA plastic. Much better profile, and would be even better as clear acrylic.

qViJu3xh.jpg

Qa4X2ILh.jpg

0Gyja7Th.jpg

Ju3GCLUh.jpg