YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Might need 3 arms on one stand.

while i don't have an SV-51 anymore, i was wondering - do you plan on selling extra arms separately? it'd b nice to get some additional height etc with some poses.

Also...everybody else...great shots!

i've only just set mine up in static hovering type pose (sort of like a harrier might do) for a vf-25G with super pack. holds fine. i did need to use a wrench and an allen key to get teh sufficeint tightness on the joints but i kind of expected that would be the case anyway.

Just did a quick dry fit test. This violates the common sense rule due to the odd weight distribution and lack of a clip, but Hello Kitty is going supersonic!

post-399-0-56245800-1411509671_thumb.jpgpost-399-0-90125000-1411509689_thumb.jpg

The stands are just great. Great job, CY! We just might need a custom clip for this HK Chogokin if there is a demand for it, haha.

Also, when using the acrylic solvents, do you only place it on the smooth surfaces of the base pivot and not the routed side?

Edited by Valkyrie23

while i don't have an SV-51 anymore, i was wondering - do you plan on selling extra arms separately? it'd b nice to get some additional height etc with some poses.

Also...everybody else...great shots!

i've only just set mine up in static hovering type pose (sort of like a harrier might do) for a vf-25G with super pack. holds fine. i did need to use a wrench and an allen key to get teh sufficeint tightness on the joints but i kind of expected that would be the case anyway.

Sure. This is an eventuality.

Speaking of that. Wasn't trying for vertical reach. Just needed it to fine tune the height. Not for the faint of heart.

attachicon.gifMax and Milia.jpgattachicon.gifYetistand setup.jpg

Nice.

Just did a quick dry fit test. This violates the common sense rule due to the odd weight distribution and lack of a clip, but Hello Kitty is going supersonic!

attachicon.gifHKC2.jpgattachicon.gifHKC1.jpg

The stands are just great. Great job, CY! We just might need a custom clip for this HK Chogokin if there is a demand for it, haha.

Also, when using the acrylic solvents, do you only place it on the smooth surfaces of the base pivot and not the routed side?

I am down for making any adapter that people would buy.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

attachicon.gifHKC2.jpgattachicon.gifHKC1.jpg

That is HK Chogokin is awesome! A friend of mine bought it for his daughter (I know he bought it for himself).

As for solvent, it works best when the 2 surfaces are smooth and flush against one another to give the solvent a nice surface to weld the 2 pieces together.

CY, can't wait for the 2nd run of stands I am going to need more. :D

Good to hear they are well received. Trying to figure out a better way to do the bases to increase consistency.

I am very happy with them. Now there are so many possibilities for photographs now.

I am sure you'll figure out something for the bases and once you have that figured out, I am ready for round 2. :)

My stands arrived safe and sound yesterday. I quickly opened them up to make sure they were all there, they are. But will have to sit down over a few days to sort out all the bits and put them together. Hard to do at the moment with a newborn. He can sense when I have free time :(

I know the feeling. Have fun with them when you can.

I think due to its raw size and skinny proportions, the -51 can show off the stand's capabilities best. It's just a monster of a valk.

It is light, but it is huge. It barely fits on my expedit shelves with a missile launcher on each wing edge.

Picked mine up today, and I'm chuffed to bits. :)

Really nicely done Yeti, it was well worth the wait.

I've been putting them together all night so my fingers are bleeding from all the peeling and twisting.

Can't wait to take some pictures later.

Thanks again for the quality product Yeti. I foresee a Bandai style pre order madness for the next run!

Picked mine up today, and I'm chuffed to bits. :)

Really nicely done Yeti, it was well worth the wait.

I've been putting them together all night so my fingers are bleeding from all the peeling and twisting.

Can't wait to take some pictures later.

Thanks again for the quality product Yeti. I foresee a Bandai style pre order madness for the next run!

Chuffed to bits. That sounds horribly painful, but it is a good thing? Awesome. I am glad you finally got your order!