ChaoticYeti

YetiStand Alpha.

Can you PM me your order number so I can look it up? If you ordered within the last couple of weeks your order should ship no later than Nov 8th which is when I have a restock of cut acrylic coming in.

I just got my Yetistand stuff today! It's together and mounted!

PICS!!!:

2017-11-06 17.27.37.jpg

2017-11-06 17.27.44.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm really happy with it. it makes display so much easier and cleaner. I'm going to need another set.

Well, a thing happened. I was trying to adjust my display, and a trio of the joints just cracked. 

I don't know that the contributing factor was, maybe to much tension on the bolts, maybe too much lateral motion at the joint. Bad batch of acrylic. I just heard the joints start slipping as I was sitting at watching tv about 5 minutes after I finished putting up my VF-171EX super in fighter mode. 

2017-11-23 20.39.12.jpg

edit:

I'm still very satisfied with the product, overall, I just don't  know what to make of this...

Edited by Valkyrie Driver
  • Upvote 1

Wow. Sorry to see that happen. Maybe over tightening?  Could be the leverage of the valk on the small arm to big arm being that far away horizontally.

Really sorry to see that. It does look like they were overtightened as the breaks are all at the joints. I hope none of your figures broke. PM me and we can work out some replacements.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Really sorry to see that. It does look like they were overtightened as the breaks are all at the joints. I hope none of your figures broke. PM me and we can work out some replacements.

None of my figures were harmed, I managed to move quickly enough to keep that from happening.

I don't mean to be lazy but 73 pages is a lot to go through and the search option is not really working well on mobile- but does anyone have a picture of their VF-17s in battroid mode on their yeti stand? Please share.

That adapter is fighter mode only.

• Upvote 1

Yeah appreciated, but I wanted to see in battroid, please- if anyone's got one. Thanks.

Hey ChaoticYeti way earlier in this thread you were kicking around the idea for a launch arm dyrl style I am guessing,how are you doing with that? And could it fit a VF-4?

Hey, I haven't looked at that in awhile. Thanks for bringing it up. Last thing I was playing with was having it laser cut aswell, and the idea seemed promising. The launch arms would be articulated, so I don't see why it wouldn't fit a vf-4. I still have a 3d printable design around here somewhere. More concerns with a 3d print would be that my fdm printer wouldn't suffice for the detail, and I would probably put it up on shapeways.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Hey folks,

Wondering if you have any tips on how to make the piece that connects to the base in the center, extra firm/tight. I've a setup with 2 valks and it has this "woobly" effect (tried both positions). As I live in a seismic area, I'm a bit afraid that a tremor could potentially take it down.

Was thinking on some teflon tape.. any thoughts?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Hey folks,

Wondering if you have any tips on how to make the piece that connects to the base in the center, extra firm/tight. I've a setup with 2 valks and it has this "woobly" effect (tried both positions). As I live in a seismic area, I'm a bit afraid that a tremor could potentially take it down.

Was thinking on some teflon tape.. any thoughts?

The earlier Yeti stands had a different designed base and peg.  The pegs would be a little loose on some bases. We would have to use an acrylic glue (like scigrip) to fuse it together. Maybe doing something like that would help.

Edited by wmkjr

Damn, I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing acrylic-glue.

Thanks mate! I'll try that.

Be VERY careful when gluing the peg in to the base. I ruined two perfectly good Yetistands with superglue getting on the top of the base...and now I'm sad. :(

Hello! If it is not quite snug enough, you can just build it up with clear tape. It's a non permanent method.

Placed an order for my very first Yeti Stand! Can’t wait!

On 1/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, derex3592 said:

Be VERY careful when gluing the peg in to the base. I ruined two perfectly good Yetistands with superglue getting on the top of the base...and now I'm sad. :(

Can you sand it off than smooth it out with polishing compound? Or does that not work on acrylic?

I've been using clear nail polish if the peg isn't secure enough in the base. 

On 1/18/2018 at 2:01 AM, connor99 said:

Placed an order for my very first Yeti Stand! Can’t wait!

I am glad you are excited! Acrylic came in this week, and I have been packing up orders. I should be up to date with everyone and ship this weekend for current orders.

Love the Beta Stand! Way better than the 3 pronged acrylic from back in the days. Thanks for making this happen, Chaotic Yeti! Getting a couple of more, for my remaining 1/48’s this time.

F907EA6E-F953-4C9D-8551-05569F908898.jpeg

• Like 2

@ChaoticYeti btw.. that Defold base or adapter, will it work with any piece of glass? How thick does it have to be?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Arkham said:

@ChaoticYeti btw.. that Defold base or adapter, will it work with any piece of glass? How thick does it have to be?

Thanks

I have personally only ever used it on the Detolf glass shelf. Similar glass of the same thickness would work just as well. I can customize it to what ever glass shelf thickness you are dealing with if you would like to try it out.

1 hour ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I have personally only ever used it on the Detolf glass shelf. Similar glass of the same thickness would work just as well. I can customize it to what ever glass shelf thickness you are dealing with if you would like to try it out.

Heh, thanks, but I'll trust the Sweden on this one. Do you (or anyone) knows what's the glass thickness of the Defold Curio Shelves?
EDIT: So I can get similar glass to use Yeti's adapter

Edited by Arkham

On 1/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, Arkham said:

Heh, thanks, but I'll trust the Sweden on this one. Do you (or anyone) knows what's the glass thickness of the Defold Curio Shelves?
EDIT: So I can get similar glass to use Yeti's adapter

4mm