YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

56 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Anyone with a IKEA detolf adapter know if it will fit a 6mm glass shelf? I'm using a different  unit and not sure if my shelving is the same thickness. I asked @ChaoticYeti via his website but never got a response. 

Any insight would be most helpful. 

6mm or 1/4"?

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Shelving information says 6mm, but I haven't measured it myself.  .236 (6mm) will still fit 1/4". Is that what the adapter is at?

I should have measured the adapter first. Doesn't matter if it's .250" or .236".

1734644409_YetiStandDetolf.jpg.a800836e06d56866a8f8e448961f79de.jpg

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

I should have measured the adapter first. Doesn't matter if it's .250" or .236".

1734644409_YetiStandDetolf.jpg.a800836e06d56866a8f8e448961f79de.jpg

Ok good to know. Thomas wrote me back and said he could adjust it to fit my shelves. I don't have calipers or gauge to measure,  I just used a tape measure and it looks to be 1/4". I think I'll send Thomas a photograph of the measurement and see what he thinks. 

Thanks a bunch @sqidd.

Do you know how deep the adapter is? How much glass gets slipped in there? I'm trying to see if my lighting might interfere.

20200118_110021.thumb.jpg.1130e5da4cfa86f3cad888fede440e9b.jpg

Edited by RED WOLF

• 4 weeks later...

@ChaoticYeti  or anyone:

Trying recreate this pose with Yeti stand alpha. Would I need an extension arm or are the two provided sufficient? Also trying to have it look the cleanest as well. 

The shelf dimensions are 14" deep and 12" high. Spiderman is 11" (1/6 figure) but will be posed like the photograph along with extra legs out too. I dont want Spiderman sitting too far back on the shelf.

I'm asking bc the extension arms are 11 a piece and I'll need 3 (3 stands). Plus shipping is 14.50 so I'm trying to get this in one shot. This will be a 224.50 order so if I could save 30 that would be great.

Ideas?

20191218_092012~2.jpg

14 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

@ChaoticYeti  or anyone:

Trying recreate this pose with Yeti stand alpha. Would I need an extension arm or are the two provided sufficient? Also trying to have it look the cleanest as well. 

The shelf dimensions are 14" deep and 12" high. Spiderman is 11" (1/6 figure) but will be posed like the photograph along with extra legs out too. I dont want Spiderman sitting too far back on the shelf.

I'm asking bc the extension arms are 11 a piece and I'll need 3 (3 stands). Plus shipping is 14.50 so I'm trying to get this in one shot. This will be a 224.50 order so if I could save 30 that would be great.

Ideas?

20191218_092012~2.jpg

Shoot me a PM. I have an idea of how to make this work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone here recommend a screw and nut replacement that's a little less... oily? I'd prefer something in silver but anything that doesn't rust or isn't oily should do the trick. I'd like to order something from Amazon since most stores in the Bay Area (California) have shut down for the next 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Can anyone here recommend a screw and nut replacement that's a little less... oily? I'd prefer something in silver but anything that doesn't rust or isn't oily should do the trick. I'd like to order something from Amazon since most stores in the Bay Area (California) have shut down for the next 3 weeks.

You could always just throw them in a sonic-cleaner with some isopropyl.

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I was going to switch over to stainless steel at some point. Duller finish than zinc so less likely to drag your eye away from what is on display.

Fastenal is probably your best bet.

The bolts for the arms (but not where they bolt to the base) are M5x20's. M5x20 SS SHCS Link

The bolts that hold the arm to the base are M5x25'x. M5x25 SS SHCS Link.

Washers. M5 Washers Link

Nuts. M5 Nuts Link

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You could always just throw them in a sonic-cleaner with some isopropyl.

They're have that black oxide coating. Once that oil comes off they start to corrode pretty fast. Probably not a big deal in a display cabinet. Maybe. Absolutely a big deal anywhere near the elements. They rust almost immediately. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know when it will be back up. I am printing, and shipping out the backlog of orders that have already gone through. Big Cartel has made some changes, and it hasn't been a priority for me to rework the site to be compatible at the moment as I am spending my time keeping my day job afloat. If anyone is itching to order anything, or need assistance with anything YetiStand, please send me a PM and I will help you out with ordering without the webstore.

Thanks everyone, and stay safe.

Thanks, everyone. Also, to note, it is taking much longer to receive items from the vendors I use. I do all of my own 3d printing, but the silicone feet, hardware, rubber washers, and shipping supplies are all ordered in. The biggest holdup has always been the acrylic. I have been working with a company in California since the beginning, and they have always treated me well with revisions, updates, and dialing in tolerances. Getting acrylic from them historically takes 2-4 weeks. The current situation has been extending that unpredictability.

Everyone's patience is greatly appreciated. If you have a current order through the webstore it will be fulfilled asap. If you want to order anything new, please pm me and I will let you know what stock/wait may look like based on a best guess for ordering anything I'm missing.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

• 2 months later...

@ChaoticYetiany chance your website will be up soon? Also, I was interested in having some custom adaptors made for the following:

- Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri line of Transformers.

- Soul of Chogokin FA line

- 1/3000 SDF-1

- Metal Structure Nu Gundam (This is VERY Heavy and might not be possible)

- Metal Build Eva 01/02

- SoC Voltron GX-71 and GX-88

Could I send you some of the adaptors I have to help you make them since I don't have anything here more complex than a ruler?

• 2 weeks later...

For flexibility, versatility, ease of use, setup options, expansion, fitment, durability, and least obtrusive footprint, I am hard pressed to think of a better value for your money than a Yetistand. 

I mean this thing looks and feels like quality from the moment you open the box.  And the way it's packaged and presented is just top notch.

This will without a doubt become my default stand for anything that requires elevated posing; unless it has a workable stand that comes with it already.

Sorry for the delay CY, I shoulda been posted these comments!

4 minutes ago, claude grant said:

For flexibility, versatility, ease of use, setup options, expansion, fitment, durability, and least obtrusive footprint, I am hard pressed to think of a better value for your money than a Yetistand. 

I mean this thing looks and feels like quality from the moment you open the box.  And the way it's packaged and presented is just top notch.

This will without a doubt become my default stand for anything that requires elevated posing; unless it has a workable stand that comes with it already.

Sorry for the delay CY, I shoulda been posted these comments!

Agree with all this except I'm curious about "the way it's packaged and presented is just top notch"...My orders come in a usps flat rate box with the contents wrapped in bubble wrap. Has he been doing something different since? It doesn't matter to me but just curious as I thought that was an odd point to add if it is still the same as how I got mine.

Edited by Slave IV