YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The bar has been raised. Looks good! Although the banking feature the stand was made for is lost without more parts.

You could put a banking adapter on top, instead of the standing one. What would you guys want bundled together with the base pivot adapter?

7 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

You could put a banking adapter on top, instead of the standing one. What would you guys want bundled together with the base pivot adapter?

I would definitely want the banking adapter with elbow. Basically the DX Starter kit plus elbow (for banking).

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

Don't get me wrong. I love yetis.

Is just that for this particular base, I would rather have just an adaptor for gerwalk and battroid that would fit the original "arm"

So, just a 3d printed arm with a tab at the end?

Actually, it sounds like he's after brackets that accommodate Gerwalk and Battroid for the promo stand we see pictured.  The DX itself only comes with a clip for fighter mode.

Is that right Arkham?

If so, it'd need that notched hole under it to fit onto the post that comes with the Bandai promo stand.

3 hours ago, mickyg said:

Actually, it sounds like he's after brackets that accommodate Gerwalk and Battroid for the promo stand we see pictured.  The DX itself only comes with a clip for fighter mode.

Is that right Arkham?

If so, it'd need that notched hole under it to fit onto the post that comes with the Bandai promo stand.

Yeah, I think that's a much better way to describe it :)

Cool!

The only issue I can see is that the arm that comes with the DX stand is fairly short.  You may be limited to squatting poses in Battroid and Gerwalk.  I don't know for certain because I don't have the toy with me to try it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?  The other way would be a "taller" adapter but that may not be cost effective in terms of materials cost and print time.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that SV-262 adapters work for the VF-1J DX. You do have to torque the bolts since the DX is heavy. I don't think too much of a forward lean will be possible without the DX falling out of the battroid stand adapter. I hope the super parts include a battroid stand adapter that is more stable.

Please excuse my pathetic pose and messy desk.

IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.70d1e53212853657e22f36cb342c7007.jpeg

I am looking for advice.  I have never ordered a yeti stand and would like to get one for my new Bandai DX VF-1J.  It is unclear to me based on the conversations here if the adapters are available currently or if there are existing adapters that work with the DX.  I'd like something similar to the parts used to make the stand picture above using the DX base plate.  And I'd like to display the DX in fighter mode with the ability to adjust bank and pitch.  Thanks for any help figuring out what I need.

5 hours ago, tuck2197 said:

I am looking for advice.  I have never ordered a yeti stand and would like to get one for my new Bandai DX VF-1J.  It is unclear to me based on the conversations here if the adapters are available currently or if there are existing adapters that work with the DX.  I'd like something similar to the parts used to make the stand picture above using the DX base plate.  And I'd like to display the DX in fighter mode with the ability to adjust bank and pitch.  Thanks for any help figuring out what I need.

Did you want to use the DX VF-1J limited flight base, the regular DX base, or a Yeti?

If Yeti go to https://www.yetistand.com/products  and look at either the alpha or beta and pick which one works for you. Alpha is thicker and the arm is centered. You can also order it with peg holes for a little extra. Beta has a thinner base but it's arm is on the bend. Don't know how much weight the bend can take though so just be careful when moving it around. You can also pay extra to get the kite emblem etched though no peg holes. Get the SV-262 banking adapter and extra elbow to allow banking/pitch.

If using the limited base, if it's not the same dx base adapter get the one specifically made for it plus arm (s) of choice, elbow, and adapter. 

For the DX base you could probably order the DX starter kit, extra elbow, and SV-262 banking adapter. 

Just be aware that the DX bases are lighter than the Yetis and also no matter which one you get,  base footprint, center of gravity,  weight of toy, where and how you pose it will affect it's stability.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally decided to jump on the Yeti stand. Some quick questions thou.

Which adapter should I use for the DX yf-19? A DX standing adapter with the bandai's fighter mode holder on it? And which adapter for the VF-31?

Which component should I choose if I want both pitch and roll on my model?

Say if I want to hold a yf-29 and a yf-19 in flight pose, will the Ikea DETOLF cabinet big enough for it?

2 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

So finally decided to jump on the Yeti stand. Some quick questions thou.

Which adapter should I use for the DX yf-19? A DX standing adapter with the bandai's fighter mode holder on it? And which adapter for the VF-31?

Which component should I choose if I want both pitch and roll on my model?

Say if I want to hold a yf-29 and a yf-19 in flight pose, will the Ikea DETOLF cabinet big enough for it?

To both pitch and bank you'd use have use the adapters for either pitch or banking, then adjust the arms themselves for the other. 

The Yeti DX adapter will connect to all Bandai stand attachments. So the DX 19 and 31 can use the same Yeti adapters. 

It's a tight fit, but you can fit two 1/60 valkyries on a single Yeti stand on a Detolf shelf. 

VF-25s with Yeti banking adapters. This will fit inside a Detolf. 

1404784922_lightboxtest02.jpg.18886918dd3c2185d4252b60d1b3798a.jpg

I prefer to use the banking adapters. The arms are configured in such a way that I can pitch them up or down. 

1318443498_dyrlsquadron02.jpg.3ee977eed027d4a6a44b61467f6dfc21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mini disaster has struck and I need some help. The stand adapter for my Metal build Aile Strike just broke. (tab snapped off, why was this piece made clear plastic? :wacko:). I'm not sure how familiar you are with Metal build stands but I was hoping you could help me out with a printed replacement.

17 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Mini disaster has struck and I need some help. The stand adapter for my Metal build Aile Strike just broke. (tab snapped off, why was this piece made clear plastic? :wacko:). I'm not sure how familiar you are with Metal build stands but I was hoping you could help me out with a printed replacement.

Post pics.