YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

22 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

cheers guys. that looks pretty much like what I want, but Milia in gerwalk Max in battroid. the "standing" adapters will fit the gerwalk, battroid and fighter mounts that come with the figures?

and what is the difference between the alpha and beta stands?

If you browsed Yeti’s site which is YetiStand.com. It’s already self-explanatory regarding the difference between Alpha and Beta. Beta can have etching on the display stand, it has a built-in adapter hole bended in one corner, whereas Alpha, the adapter slot will be installed in the middle. Like Yeti mentioned on his site, both are dependable. But Beta is more stylish. If you’re planning on doing 2 Valks or more like Slave IV mentioned above, use the Alpha. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The difference between the standing and banking adapters is just the angle of the peg hole to bit the call either one way or 90 degrees I relation to the arm. So it all depends on how you configure the arms and the Valks on them for you to decide which type you need. The same adapters fit in all three modes so you just need to look at the adapters that come with your Valks and see how they relate to the Yeti adapters. Basically, a Valk pointing along the thin edge of an arm needs a standing adapter and one pointing perpendicular from the flat side of the arm needs a banking adapter but that can be easily changed with an elbow, which will also give more angle options. 

The Alpha stand is more robust than the Beta stand and the mount is in the middle of the stand for the Alpha while the Beta has the mounting point of set to one of the side edges which might leave room to display a figure or other item below the Valks on top of the stand. Either one will hold two Valks, no problem but people have put six or more Valks on the Alpha. 

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

If you browsed Yeti’s site which is YetiStand.com. It’s already self-explanatory regarding the difference between Alpha and Beta. Beta can have etching on the display stand, it has a built-in adapter hole bended in one corner, whereas Alpha, the adapter slot will be installed in the middle. Like Yeti mentioned on his site, both are dependable. But Beta is more stylish. If you’re planning on doing 2 Valks, I suggest use the Alpha. ;)

thanks for the quick replies guys, i'll be ordering soon :wub:

On 12/29/2014 at 10:35 PM, Saburo said:

Its alive! Rise my YetiStand Creation...

16144544265_eb65d272e8_b.jpg

Sorry I haven't had a chance to put my apartment back into order so I can't setup my photobooth.

Anyone mind helping me out by listing out using the parts used in this triple display? I have an idea of the pieces I need, but am not 100% confident.  Here is a list of what I was thinking is used:

1 Yeti Stand Alpha

2 XL Arms

1 Dual Arm

1 Elbow

Edited by bleecher

43 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Anyone mind helping me out by listing out using the parts used in this triple display? I have an idea of the pieces I need, but am not 100% confident.  Here is a list of what I was thinking is used:

1 Yeti Stand Alpha

2 XL Arms

1 Dual Arm

1 Elbow

I see

1 Alpha stand

2 xl arms

1 regular arm

1 dual arm

2 elbows

2 banking adapters

1 standing adapter

I’m curious about why the elbow attached to the stand is needed. All it does is change the orientation of the stand by 90 degrees but that shouldn’t matter. 

Edited by Slave IV

2 hours ago, bleecher said:

1 Yeti Stand Alpha

2 XL Arms

1 Dual Arm

1 Elbow

1 Yeti Stand Alpha

2 XL arms

2 Dual Arm

2 elbows

2 Banking YA

1 Standing YA

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I see

1 Alpha stand

2 xl arms

1 regular arm

1 dual arm

2 elbows

2 banking adapters

1 standing adapter

I’m curious about why the elbow attached to the stand is needed. All it does is change the orientation of the stand by 90 degrees but that shouldn’t matter. 

The 90 elbow at the base allows that configuration to change the pitch of all the Valkyries.  The Valkyries on the lower and upper arm cannot adjust their pitch.

Edited by Saburo

6 minutes ago, Saburo said:

The 90 elbow at the base allows that configuration to change the pitch of all the Valkyries..  The Valkyries on the lower and upper arm cannot adjust their pitch.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks! I love how the way these can be setup is endless. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks! I love how the way these can be setup is endless. 

I agree, they are so versatile.  You should have seen when I first got my sets, I was sitting there working different configurations for a couple of hours. Half the fun was coming up with different ways to setup the stands. :D

4 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I agree, they are so versatile.  You should have seen when I first got my sets, I was sitting there working different configurations for a couple of hours. Half the fun was coming up with different ways to setup the stands. :D

Agreed! I spend a lot of time thinking about the options and wondering how/why people come up with their setups so I appreciate you sharing. 

22 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Additional question, does the DX Valkyrie starter kit adapter work for the VF-31 series and will it also work for the YF-19 DX releasing in September? Appreciate the help!

It does work for the VF-31 and VF-25

SV-262 requires it's own adapter.

Don't know about the YF-19, they may pull something similar to the SV-262

1 hour ago, bleecher said:

Additional question, does the DX Valkyrie starter kit adapter work for the VF-31 series and will it also work for the YF-19 DX releasing in September? Appreciate the help!

There’s a big chance that it will fit the upcoming DX YF-19 assuming that Bandai will not change the stand adapters that will come with it. But it’s too early to tell. Anyways, I’ve seen photos of the previous DX VF-19 Adv mounted on a YetiStand. So it might.

And I’m pretty sure it will also work with the VF-31’s. Or you can try and message directly @ChaoticYeti for more info. ;)

Out of curiosity is possible to make a custom base and adapter?

I'm trying to squeeze in another Hobby Master 1/72 diecast in at my desk at work but my only option without obstructing my work area would be to find a way to hang it off the cube wall; I was thinking a U shaped bracket to fit over the top of the wall and an adapter that mates to the stock HM cradle would probably work.

30 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

I'm trying to squeeze in another Hobby Master 1/72 diecast in at my desk at work but my only option without obstructing my work area would be to find a way to hang it off the cube wall; I was thinking a U shaped bracket to fit over the top of the wall and an adapter that mates to the stock HM cradle would probably work.

Pretty much anything is possible with these parts. Since it is just parts bolted together, you can make any custom piece to work with them that you can imagine. @ChaoticYeti already makes a part similar to what you are mentioning with the detolf mount he offers. I’ve heard he has customized it to fit different shelves. I’ve thought about how easy it would be to make various base and mounting parts out of wood. 

53 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

If you have a spare HM cradle you can try giving him one to prototype or if you can get dimensions and a base sketch I'm sure he could whip something up if he's not too busy with work.

13 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

What's the thickness of the wall?

5 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

What's the thickness of the wall?

The wall measured at 2.1 inches. I did a rough sketch of what I was thinking for the mounting bracket (really wish there was a usable CAD application on android).

5b47ef03de0a3_bracketsketch.thumb.png.a7fcb0e81edce6bcbd7228e67b25d66f.png

I'd think something like that should provide enough stability to keep the mount from twisting off the wall. For the adapter to attach the plane I'm still waiting on the one I'd want to use this with to arrive so I don't know what I need on that end yet.

6 minutes ago, Sildani said:

What HM plane? Yeti’s been kind enough to do my F-22, F/A-18E, and Su-35. 

F-14A for now; I'm actually starting to think that if the mount works out I might get 2 and order a MiG or Sukhoi for a dogfight scene.

I've already crammed the top of my computer with a P-51D, T-38, F-15, and F/A-18E; I was originally hoping the -14 would fit there but there's nowhere near enough room.

17 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

The wall measured at 2.1 inches. I did a rough sketch of what I was thinking for the mounting bracket (really wish there was a usable CAD application on android).

5b47ef03de0a3_bracketsketch.thumb.png.a7fcb0e81edce6bcbd7228e67b25d66f.png

I'd think something like that should provide enough stability to keep the mount from twisting off the wall. For the adapter to attach the plane I'm still waiting on the one I'd want to use this with to arrive so I don't know what I need on that end yet.

I can modify the detolf adapter to fit that dimension if you would like. Do you only want the pivot on one side?

@ChaoticYeti I got the plane in and measured the stand for the adapter dimensions; is it possible to get an adapter made in metal? The size it needs to be just wouldn't support any load in plastic.

15318673151207632822261190692990.thumb.jpg.c83ddffd0cfd37de538a486020bc889a.jpg

(Anything below the break line I have shown can be whatever is needed to facilitate the pivot; the face of the pivot should be parallel to the long side of the tab.)

The plane weighs ~1-2Lbs and any bank would put all of the stress across the .0625" tab with no good way to pick up another surface on the cradle and spread the load. I just don't see plastic working in that situation.

If you have any issues making it in metal I'll still get a couple of the custom wall brackets and some of your stock parts but I'll see if I can get my brother in law to machine the adapter.

If you have access to a machinst, I would encourage you to move forward with that direction. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want. The 3d printer I use can only print with several different types of plastic. I'd love to see pictures of progress and what you end up with. Let me know if I can help.

9 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

If you have access to a machinst, I would encourage you to move forward with that direction. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want. The 3d printer I use can only print with several different types of plastic. I'd love to see pictures of progress and what you end up with. Let me know if I can help.

If you could give me the dimensions for the pivot (Cleared diameter needed for mating your stock parts, thickness, and the diameter of the clearance hole for the screw) so I can make sure my design will be compatible with the your arm/elbow pieces I'd appreciate it.

I'll probably do a 3D printed "casting" though shapeways then get the mating surfaces finish machined; should be easier for my brother in law to squeeze in than hogging it out of stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Question about screwing stand arms together. I notice there is a smooth side and a rough side. I want to screw two smooth sides together and will plan to put the rubber washer in between them. Is that okay to do, or do you have to screw two rough sides facing each other? Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Question about screwing stand arms together. I notice there is a smooth side and a rough side. I want to screw two smooth sides together and will plan to put the rubber washer in between them. Is that okay to do, or do you have to screw two rough sides facing each other? Thanks. 

Hello! You can use either side, and the rubber washer will help with friction on the smooth sides. The etched/roughed sides will offer a far stronger grip. Just be mindful of how much weight your figure is adding to the stand arms. For that fact, best practice is to use the etched/roughed sides against each other with a rubber washer in-between. I hope that helps!