YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

If anyone has the Sentinel stand and a Tamashii stage handy, might be easier to just check if the arms are interchangeable. If so, easy peasy.

To answer @RED WOLFYeti doesn't make the arms, just provides the peg holes so you can plug the arm into one of the yeti stands or arms.

Ok good to know. Would you happen to know where I can acquire those clear arms from?

1 minute ago, RED WOLF said:

Ok good to know. Would you happen to know where I can acquire those clear arms from?

Those articulated arms come with whatever stand they work with. Tamashii stages have them. Sentinel stands all use the black arm so I was suggesting to anyone who has both to just check if the peg size used is the same, which would make them interchangeable. I know the Revo stands do use the same size as Tamashii stages but I haven't checked the Sentinel arms yet.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Those articulated arms come with whatever stand they work with. Tamashii stages have them. Sentinel stands all use the black arm so I was suggesting to anyone who has both to just check if the peg size used is the same, which would make them interchangeable. I know the Revo stands do use the same size as Tamashii stages but I haven't checked the Sentinel arms yet.

Ok gotcha. Would something like this work? Sorry I'm new to all of this stand business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019OEX3JM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by RED WOLF

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

Ok gotcha. Would something like this work? Sorry I'm new to all of this stand business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019OEX3JM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those look like Tamashii stages...Not sure what you are asking for though at this point. This thread is for Yeti stands and people are hoping for adapters to use Yeti stands with their various figures, including the Sentinel Ride Armor. Yeti already has an option for adding holes to his stands to accommodate Tamashii stand arms and if Sentinel uses the same size pegs for their arms, it makes everything easier for all of us and gives us a lot more options. If all you want is any clear stand, you just need the same information we are wondering, which is the size of the pegs used on the Sentinel stands. Or, you could use any stand with the clamps to hold the figure instead of the peg hole.

22 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Those look like Tamashii stages...Not sure what you are asking for though at this point. This thread is for Yeti stands and people are hoping for adapters to use Yeti stands with their various figures, including the Sentinel Ride Armor. Yeti already has an option for adding holes to his stands to accommodate Tamashii stand arms and if Sentinel uses the same size pegs for their arms, it makes everything easier for all of us and gives us a lot more options. If all you want is any clear stand, you just need the same information we are wondering, which is the size of the pegs used on the Sentinel stands. Or, you could use any stand with the clamps to hold the figure instead of the peg hole.

Again I am unaware of what a Tamashii stage or stand is. I was just asking if the arms in the link provided would work on Yet's stands. If, so cool and if not no big deal. I'll search around and see what will fit in Yet's peg holes bc I prefer the clear acrylic arms to the solid black that is provided with the Mospeada figures.

Gracias to the muchos

30 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Again I am unaware of what a Tamashii stage or stand is. I was just asking if the arms in the link provided would work on Yet's stands. If, so cool and if not no big deal. I'll search around and see what will fit in Yet's peg holes bc I prefer the clear acrylic arms to the solid black that is provided with the Mospeada figures.

Gracias to the muchos

Again, the important part is what size the peg holes are. Hopefully we'll have that info soon. 

On 5/11/2018 at 5:33 PM, Slave IV said:

Cool! is it the same size on both ends? I think Tamashii arms have 5mm pegs on the bottom and a smaller one that connects to the figure, anyone know if it's also 3 mm?

Oooops, I didn't measure the other end but it looks to be a 5mm peg, I'll check when I get home.  :D

Awesome display @Slave IV!!

Just now, Saburo said:

Oooops, I didn't measure the other end but it looks to be a 5mm peg, I'll check when I get home.  :D

Cool! It would make sense that they all used standardized peg sizes. Makes things easier for everyone.

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

Awesome display @Slave IV!!

Thanks! I plan to mount the SDF-1 on a wall when I get that and whatever adapter @ChaoticYeti comes up with. Ride armors will go on a shelf and will see how it goes. Would be cool to have a YetiStand with both of them and any future releases all together.

1 hour ago, Knolly said:

More Yetistands cleaning up my Red Frame and its ridiculous amount of accessories:

IMG_4102.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.  I am also looking to completely reorder my collection and get a few more detolfs in the summer, and the Yetistand detolf seems like a great choice!

What's the best way to get the flight adapter on the 1/60 VF-0D? I don't have the manual I'm not sure if it should go on by sliding it on the arms or forcing the clips on.

Edit: Eh, I think I figured it out. It's not exactly a great fit and it seems like if you point the Valk upward it slides out of the stand :/ (On the bright side, the acrylic base will scratch before the kit does)

Edited by Falldog

If this is the Yeti adapter you're talking about, what I do is after clipping it on is I push down on the back part of the adapter then the front to push the shoulders down more till I find the spot where it's snug enough to hold vertically.

Instructional for the Yeti adapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYJR-vRo-o&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, wmkjr! I do agree that it isn't as secure as I would like in an extreme climbing angle. I would suggest using the fighter mode adapter that the figure comes with if you are going that far vertical and it causes an issue. As wmkjr mentioned, if you make sure the adapter is snugged down on the belly of the figure, it will be more secure.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, Falldog said:

That video would've been useful a few hours ago :) 

I presume there's a Yeti adapter for the Arcadia adapter?

In the mean time this'll just have to do,

pYH4jS2.png

That is one sweet display!! 

On 5/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, Falldog said:

That video would've been useful a few hours ago :) 

I presume there's a Yeti adapter for the Arcadia adapter?

In the mean time this'll just have to do,

pYH4jS2.png

Those display cabinets rock! Where did you get them? 

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, looking for some advice on my first yeti stands. i'd like to have 2 Arcadia 1/60's on one stand (one gerwalk, one battroid), would one alpha and an extra arm be sufficient for this?

Edited by apptt4
words

14 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

hello all, looking for some advice on my first yeti stands. i'd like to have 2 Arcadia 1/60's on one stand (one gerwalk, one battroid), would one alpha and an extra arm be sufficient for this?

Yes sir. I grabbed this photo from YetiStand site. ;)

EFB7C251-A1E4-49FC-9190-F010428197C5.jpeg.57109b9a1cf2e68dae6207420fedd56b.jpeg

15 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

Great choice! You’re going to be impressed as there are no better stands out there. 

At minimum, you will need a dual arm and one arm (probably an XL) and two Yamato/Arcadia adapters. Depending on the poses you want to achieve, you may want a different combination of arms and elbows but what I listed would be the minimum parts needed. Let @ChaoticYeti or us know what you are trying to achieve and you will be helped. There are endless options. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That photo shows one knuckle, one regular arm, one XL arm, two elbows and two (standing) adapters. 

cheers guys. that looks pretty much like what I want, but Milia in gerwalk Max in battroid. the "standing" adapters will fit the gerwalk, battroid and fighter mounts that come with the figures?

and what is the difference between the alpha and beta stands?

22 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

cheers guys. that looks pretty much like what I want, but Milia in gerwalk Max in battroid. the "standing" adapters will fit the gerwalk, battroid and fighter mounts that come with the figures?

and what is the difference between the alpha and beta stands?

The difference between the standing and banking adapters is just the angle of the peg hole to fit the Valk either one way or 90 degrees in relation to the arm. So it all depends on how you configure the arms and the Valks on them for you to decide which type you need. The same adapters fit in all three modes so you just need to look at the adapters that come with your Valks and see how they relate to the Yeti adapters. Basically, a Valk pointing along the thin edge of an arm needs a standing adapter and one pointing perpendicular from the flat side of the arm needs a banking adapter but that can be easily changed with an elbow, which will also give more angle options. 

The Alpha stand is more robust than the Beta stand and the mount is in the middle of the stand for the Alpha while the Beta has the mounting point off set to one of the side edges which might leave room to display a figure or other item below the Valks on top of the stand. Either one will hold two Valks, no problem but people have put six or more Valks on the Alpha. 

Edited by Slave IV