YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a thing happened. I was trying to adjust my display, and a trio of the joints just cracked. 

I don't know that the contributing factor was, maybe to much tension on the bolts, maybe too much lateral motion at the joint. Bad batch of acrylic. I just heard the joints start slipping as I was sitting at watching tv about 5 minutes after I finished putting up my VF-171EX super in fighter mode. 

2017-11-23 20.39.12.jpg

edit:

I'm still very satisfied with the product, overall, I just don't  know what to make of this...

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

3 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Really sorry to see that. It does look like they were overtightened as the breaks are all at the joints. I hope none of your figures broke. PM me and we can work out some replacements.

None of my figures were harmed, I managed to move quickly enough to keep that from happening.

Hey, I haven't looked at that in awhile. Thanks for bringing it up. Last thing I was playing with was having it laser cut aswell, and the idea seemed promising. The launch arms would be articulated, so I don't see why it wouldn't fit a vf-4. I still have a 3d printable design around here somewhere. More concerns with a 3d print would be that my fdm printer wouldn't suffice for the detail, and I would probably put it up on shapeways.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

Wondering if you have any tips on how to make the piece that connects to the base in the center, extra firm/tight. I've a setup with 2 valks and it has this "woobly" effect (tried both positions). As I live in a seismic area, I'm a bit afraid that a tremor could potentially take it down.

Was thinking on some teflon tape.. any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Hey folks,

Wondering if you have any tips on how to make the piece that connects to the base in the center, extra firm/tight. I've a setup with 2 valks and it has this "woobly" effect (tried both positions). As I live in a seismic area, I'm a bit afraid that a tremor could potentially take it down.

Was thinking on some teflon tape.. any thoughts?

The earlier Yeti stands had a different designed base and peg.  The pegs would be a little loose on some bases. We would have to use an acrylic glue (like scigrip) to fuse it together. Maybe doing something like that would help.

Edited by wmkjr

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, derex3592 said:

Be VERY careful when gluing the peg in to the base. I ruined two perfectly good Yetistands with superglue getting on the top of the base...and now I'm sad. :(

Can you sand it off than smooth it out with polishing compound? Or does that not work on acrylic?

I've been using clear nail polish if the peg isn't secure enough in the base. 

On 1/18/2018 at 2:01 AM, connor99 said:

Placed an order for my very first Yeti Stand! Can’t wait!

I am glad you are excited! Acrylic came in this week, and I have been packing up orders. I should be up to date with everyone and ship this weekend for current orders.

5 hours ago, Arkham said:

@ChaoticYeti btw.. that Defold base or adapter, will it work with any piece of glass? How thick does it have to be?

Thanks

I have personally only ever used it on the Detolf glass shelf. Similar glass of the same thickness would work just as well. I can customize it to what ever glass shelf thickness you are dealing with if you would like to try it out.

1 hour ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I have personally only ever used it on the Detolf glass shelf. Similar glass of the same thickness would work just as well. I can customize it to what ever glass shelf thickness you are dealing with if you would like to try it out.

Heh, thanks, but I'll trust the Sweden on this one. Do you (or anyone) knows what's the glass thickness of the Defold Curio Shelves?
EDIT: So I can get similar glass to use Yeti's adapter

Edited by Arkham

On 1/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, Arkham said:

Heh, thanks, but I'll trust the Sweden on this one. Do you (or anyone) knows what's the glass thickness of the Defold Curio Shelves?
EDIT: So I can get similar glass to use Yeti's adapter

4mm

• 1 month later...

I have the 1701-D, and a few Undiscovered Country BoP's. I have adapters for both, but never saw enough interest to put them on the webstore. If you place an order, I can include the adapters for free and you can let me know how they work out. Send me a PM if you want to know more.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to be able to display 3 or 4 Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 scale valkyries on a single YetiStand, but am unsure what I components I should buy.

Could someone experienced with YetiStands give me shopping list of what to get? I think I want to use the YetiStand Alpha.

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello,

I would like to be able to display 3 or 4 Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 scale valkyries on a single YetiStand, but am unsure what I components I should buy.

Could someone experienced with YetiStands give me shopping list of what to get? I think I want to use the YetiStand Alpha.

Here's some sample setups done by @derex3592 from Page 36 for a 4 Valkyrie Fighters. @wmkjr's 4-5 Valkyrie Fighter setups from Page 33 and Page 39. And @Saburo's 3 Valkyrie Fighter setup from Page 27.

Derex:

image.jpg

image.jpg

wmkjr:

med_gallery_7577_740_24841.jpg

med_gallery_7577_740_167983.jpg

VF-ZERO's

VF-ZERO's 2

Saburo:

VF-1S Strike Valkyries x 3 arm YetiStand