YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

19 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Did you just use wood screws straight into the wood for the wall mount or did you need anchors first? That might be another option for me to look at.

I just used screws for my wall mount holding 3 valks. It's solid and not going anywhere.

• 2 months later...

That's a nice collection ... of Yetistands! :D

The center cabinets looks much larger than the Detolf cabinets: I am envying you for this VF-0 display, they have so much space! Since you have both can you tell where you got these and how much better than the Detolf they are ?

Oups just noticed that they were discussed in there. I will follow the comments, nice display !

Edited by Xigfrid

XL arm is about 6" pivot to pivot, and the standard length is about 3" pivot to pivot. Here are some pics. I typically use both an XL arm, and a standard arm on the bottom pivot.

fWuaIOmh.jpg

PBfaNf7h.jpg

mTcfsJ1h.jpg

1ADjzinh.jpg

V8oDKSYh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

46 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Thanks ChaoticYeti, I'm thinking of using some of the 90degree adapters to get the ghosts flying in formation around Luca, but it's complex enough that I want to figure out the layout in CAD first.

Hmmm. What if I made a block adapter with a bunch of 5mm ports in it? You could attach it to the end of one of the arms, and than plug in the ghost stand arms into the block. Would that get the effect you are looking for?

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Those are some beautiful displays. Also some precariously perched Lego sets. How exactly are those mounted?

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

He also made those custom Brick Adapters. ;)

http://www.yetistand.com/category/brick

Thanks!

Just now, ChaoticYeti said:

Hmmm. What if I made a block adapter with a bunch of 5mm ports in it? You could attach it to the end of one of the arms, and than plug in the ghost stand arms into the block. Would that get the effect you are looking for?

That's a good idea, actually. I've got a drill press I can use to make one out of PVC for testing, and use one of the 90-degree adapters to stick it to the wall mount.

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's a good idea, actually. I've got a drill press I can use to make one out of PVC for testing, and use one of the 90-degree adapters to stick it to the wall mount.

Cool. I'll send something I come up with in your next order. Let me know if it works out. If there is interest, I'll add it to the webstore.

It sucks that I need to wait until next month before I can get my yetistand stuff... I really want to get my valks up and displayed. I'm going to need to double up on my planned order. 

20 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Just now, ChaoticYeti said:

Cool. I'll send something I come up with in your next order. Let me know if it works out. If there is interest, I'll add it to the webstore.

Um, I'd be interested in a piece that allows me to display my LillDraken along side my Sv-262Hs... I hope that counts...

14 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

You have any access to a CAD program? I can test a few things out in Solidworks and see how they'll fit.

1 hour ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I'm definitely interested in this!

just thinking...what if the existing arms just had some holes drilled into them to accommodate additional Stage arms?

Edited by Slave IV

Send me an note when you order next. I don't mind adding holes to arms. Just let me know how many. If you order some like that, I would appreciate feed back on how they work out for your intent.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

"That's good!...You've taken your 1st step into a larger world"..... Obi Wan

Excellent. I'm probably going to order more of these over time, so I'll be able to display my Yamato Valks. For now I have Shelves on the way, so I can display other stuff in a satisfactory manner. 

Shipping is usually pretty quick, but I have added a lead time of 2-4 weeks on orders that contain acrylic. This is stated on the acrylic items on the webstore. I used to just guess on what to order to have on hand from the laser cutter, and than be out of stock on items for up to a month. With the added lead time, I now order acrylic based on what orders are coming in plus a little extra. I have an order of cut acrylic coming in next Wednesday for recent orders. Sometimes I will have acrylic on hand without needing to wait for more, and sometimes I do actually sell out of items.

Hope that helps.

I have not. I am a little gun shy on the power of the $2500-$5k laser cutters at the moment. I'd love to have one in house, but the 9mm acrylic of the YetiStand Alpha is an issue. I currently have a not unsubstantial failure rate using the laser vendor I have now. Sometimes it will cut the 9mm, but the exit of the cut is rather sloppy as the laser gets deflected through the acrylic. They have gotten better as time has gone on, but I still get a batch every now and than that isn't exceptable to sell.

I am still looking, though.

7 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Shipping is usually pretty quick, but I have added a lead time of 2-4 weeks on orders that contain acrylic. This is stated on the acrylic items on the webstore. I used to just guess on what to order to have on hand from the laser cutter, and than be out of stock on items for up to a month. With the added lead time, I now order acrylic based on what orders are coming in plus a little extra. I have an order of cut acrylic coming in next Wednesday for recent orders. Sometimes I will have acrylic on hand without needing to wait for more, and sometimes I do actually sell out of items.

Hope that helps.

Ok. So since most of the stuff I ordered is acrylic, I can expect a 2-4 week wait until it ships? But could also be sooner, depending on what you have on hand?

Can you PM me your order number so I can look it up? If you ordered within the last couple of weeks your order should ship no later than Nov 8th which is when I have a restock of cut acrylic coming in.