YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Well, here's the Macross section of my larger collection, made sexy thanks to Yeti Stands,

31642158910_7a56b21b5b_b.jpg

Sorry the photo sucks, shooting into a light a with a single exposure across two different shelves with subtle light differences isn't my best work. 

It's a small section of my larger Gunpla collection,

32016457125_81815d19d8_b.jpg

Edited by Falldog

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

LOL, and you were afraid to put up your display? Your entire setup is amazing! I love it!

Well my Macross section is shameful in comparison. I'm also incredibly jealous of your cabinets.

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey why is this display on the right side blocking off that door? Is that the entrance to the Falldogcave? Are you secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pull with his bare hands? :vava:

Second entrance to a bathroom. Who needs access when I have room for another cabinet? :)

Edited by Falldog

Yeti,

Any update on getting a vendor to get the alpha stands back in stock?

I'd also like to get the detolf mount but want the XL arms to go with it. I'm assuming those are staying out of stock due to the same issue with the alpha stands?

With the detolf mount, has anyone tried using dual arms to have multiple valks displayed above and below the shelf? Would that have too much undistributed weight that might break the shelf?

Regarding the Detolf mounts, the mount seems durably designed so there shouldn't be any issues as far as breakage is concerned. As for the glass, if you're putting it in a Detolf, there's not enough room in the Detolf to need to worry about mounting enough valks to stress the tempered glass. If talking about something like mine, where the glass shelf is much longer, but also thicker, I would say that even 4 valks both on top and bottom wouldn't cause any breakage. I put the numbers through a calculator and a piece of tempered glass the size of one of my shelves (47" wide, 14" long, 3/8" thick) with the supports about 4 feet apart can hold a max distributed load of up to 146 lbs. Now of course we're talking about loading the weight of a bunch of valks onto a much smaller area, but I can't see it being anywhere near an issue as the valk toys on average aren't terribly heavy to begin with anyway.

26 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Regarding the Detolf mounts, the mount seems durably designed so there shouldn't be any issues as far as breakage is concerned. As for the glass, if you're putting it in a Detolf, there's not enough room in the Detolf to need to worry about mounting enough valks to stress the tempered glass. If talking about something like mine, where the glass shelf is much longer, but also thicker, I would say that even 4 valks both on top and bottom wouldn't cause any breakage. I put the numbers through a calculator and a piece of tempered glass the size of one of my shelves (47" wide, 14" long, 3/8" thick) with the supports about 4 feet apart can hold a max distributed load of up to 146 lbs. Now of course we're talking about loading the weight of a bunch of valks onto a much smaller area, but I can't see it being anywhere near an issue as the valk toys on average aren't terribly heavy to begin with anyway.

Thanks for that detailed response. I've got some measuring to do with my detolf but I'd really like to have 4 on top and 4 on the bottom (all in fighter mode) using a combination of arms and elbows. My space is limited so I'm trying to make the most of what I have. I know that might be a little much, space wise, but I'm hoping to have at least 3 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 8:35 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

Totally do-able. I am pretty bummed that Glowforge didn't work out. The whole point of offering laser etching was to be able to do it on the fly per customers requests. Delta seems like a no brainer etching to go with. Maybe I will put a GI in the for sale thread and see how many people would buy a batch. Pre-pay, and I will ship when they come in from vendor.

Did this ever happen? Because i would definitely be in for at least 2.

I'm interested in picking up a stand or two as well but it looks like all that's available are the SMS engraved beta stands.  Was hoping to start with a plain old alpha or beta; I'll keep an eye out for new stock.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I have changed the Alpha, and Beta stands description on the webstore by adding a 2-4 week lead time. This will help me even out supply until I figure out a personal laser cutting solution. All orders will be fulfilled with the lead time in mind. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Falldog said:

Any thoughts about building an adapter for the Bandai's PG Unicorn?

Sure. Can you send me the crotch/hip section? Or take detailed pictures and measurements of it? The only PG I have on hand is the GP-01, and I made an adapter that clips onto the crotch section of that model.

FDM 3d printers can't print clear, even with clear filament. I do offer translucent filament as an option on the DX adapters, but the clear thin filament layers refract light in a manner that ends up making it appear opaque. I could put the models up on shapeways, but they would be more expensive, and I have not tested that yet.

1 hour ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Sure. Can you send me the crotch/hip section? Or take detailed pictures and measurements of it? The only PG I have on hand is the GP-01, and I made an adapter that clips onto the crotch section of that model.

What's the best way to chat offline? I can send over an adapter piece and measurements (though I'll need it back since they're not available outside of the kit). I can also send over the connection bits for the PG 00 Gundam & Raiser.

Can you do your bases in a 50%/100% larger format? Need to account for the width of the leg spread. 

Note that this request is a 100% selfish request to cut 3/4" off of each of my Unicorn displays and allow more light through my cases. Each kit comes with a stand by default, but they're very static as the base locks the torso into a fixed position. 

On 3/21/2017 at 11:04 AM, Horatio Positronic said:

Now that the DX Chogokin SV-262 is out, does that just use the same DX standing and DX banking adaptors that are already on the site?

Unfortunately no. Bandai slightly changed the design of their attachments. They added some pieces that extend down the side for extra stability. Those pieces make the gap too narrow to fit around Yeti's current adapters. The tab is still the same size though. You could probably just file down the sides of Yeti's adapters so that it could slide in.

Saburo emailed me about that. If mine comes in before his, I will measure, alter, and offer a revised adapter. He mentioned he can send me pics and measurements when his comes in as well.

Just got my adapters in today (thanks CY!).  I was under the impression that the new stand parts shipping with the 262 wouldn't fit any of the YetiStand printed adapters.  I think it's only an issue with the Banking adapters.  Here's a look at the new shape:

IMG_20170328_145250.jpg

IMG_20170328_145313.jpg

IMG_20170328_145325.jpg

And here's the VF-31 Battroid part, for comparison (has a similar "skirt" to the VF-262 parts):

IMG_20170331_114751.thumb.jpg.409b91c0a030229efb17250ad4296428.jpg

IMG_20170331_114759.thumb.jpg.2371b8619b724767518d5f0112099f72.jpg

Edited by mickyg
Added pics

Sorry about the spam, but thought this needed a separate post.

The SV-262 stand parts have a longer skirt than the VF-31 part, pictured above.  So while it will be able to fit over the Standing Adapter, it will not sit all the way in, due to that offset "kink" in the printed adapter.  I think it'll still fit enough to hold but I'd exercise caution with any orientation that will cause lateral stress to the joint.

Sorry, don't have the parts here or I'd show them fitted to better illustrate.

By the way, wonderful job on the new design, CY - the bevelled tab on the adapter now makes fitting these up to the stand parts soooo much easier!

Edited by mickyg
Better description needed in fitment