YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Initial fitting is good. Gonna to tweak and reprint.

H4Io7qu.jpg

HELL YES!!! you da freakin man! I'm gonna get another order in for parts soon, and that is for sure gonna be one!!!

Edit.......I'd want the Yamato one, as I don't have an sv51

Edited by derex3592

If you got extra Yamato adapters lying around then this would be the way to go for fighter. However, the Arcadia female adapter can be used to rotate the valk so no need for banking/standing Yamato adapters correct? Just the male hex adapter plus this.

Also I didn't think about Gerwalk and Battroid modes. They'll need the male hex adapter so as much as I would want the Yamato I'd say for the sake of not confusing the orders go with the Arcadia female hex. Sorry for asking if you could do this. Didn't mean to waste your time although I would be interested in purchasing those prototypes if you're not gonna use them

Baby blue needs a new adapter:

16693432656_3aa2948efb_b.jpg

16693699376_dd9db68038_b.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

If you got extra Yamato adapters lying around then this would be the way to go for fighter. However, the Arcadia female adapter can be used to rotate the valk so no need for banking/standing Yamato adapters correct? Just the male hex adapter plus this.

Also I didn't think about Gerwalk and Battroid modes. They'll need the male hex adapter so as much as I would want the Yamato I'd say for the sake of not confusing the orders go with the Arcadia female. Sorry for asking if you could do this. Didn't mean to waste your time although I would be interested in purchasing those prototypes if you're not gonna use them

Baby blue needs a new adapter:

16693432656_3aa2948efb_b.jpg

That is awesome!! :) Edited by spanner76

Ok....Spent 15 minutes checking tolerences with the SV-51 adapter. I am going to kill 3 birds with one stone. The SV-51, 0D banking, and 0D standing adapters are now this one adapter:

q0uHZQel.jpg

New store link here

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Arcadia VF-0D Fighter adapter available here

It should be compatible with any other stand that the included adapters would be compatible with.

Edit: Elbows should be back in stock tomorrow.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guest davidwhangchoi

i need one but prob need to check what additional adapters i already brought sitting in my yeti stand shipping box. (i need to get a hex wrench)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i need one but prob need to check what additional adapters i already brought sitting in my yeti stand shipping box. (i need to get a hex wrench)

I do not know how strong your hands are, but I can get away with hand tightening the stands down for the most part. Always good to go back with tools, but you seem to be without them :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I do not know how strong your hands are, but I can get away with hand tightening the stands down for the most part. Always good to go back with tools, but you seem to be without them :)

oh, i didn't know that was possible by hand, ok, i'll try that...

Yeah I can confess to asking if there was a trick to it, my valks shoulders were pinned down all the way, fresh out of the box, and I needed to bring them up parallel to the arms, thanks Yeti!

(Yes I realize all of the inaccuracies with the reactive armor build, its a WIP :D )

post-29278-0-74190500-1425957380_thumb.jpeg

Yeah I can confess to asking if there was a trick to it, my valks shoulders were pinned down all the way, fresh out of the box, and I needed to bring them up parallel to the arms, thanks Yeti!

(Yes I realize all of the inaccuracies with the reactive armor build, its a WIP :D )

oh yeah! I love that armored Zero in the background! model kit I presume!? what scale would that be! And you new Zero looks great in that pose too! :D

I've been playing around with my Yetistands for a bit, trying some things out and putting them in different configurations. So here are a few thoughts and things I've noticed.

1) Has anyone else noticed that the rubber feet have a tendency to "stick" to glass surfaces, such as Detolf shelves? I've had a single DX renewal mounted on a Yetistand for a couple of months, and the other day I went to take it out and noticed the feet were pretty well stuck to the glass. I think it was a combination of the natural properties of the rubber combined with the weight of the toy and stand parts. I actually had to pull a bit to get it unstuck. It's probably a good thing to be aware of -- if you need to remove your stand from a glass surface, you might want to remove the toy(s) from their mount points first to prevent a situation where you pull too hard and fling the toy off the stand or into the surrounding walls.

2) Clear acrylic is a great choice because it provides the illusion that your jets are flying. However, in practice I'm finding that a couple of things take away from that illusion. The first is the big black adapters that Bandai provides. Yeti, I know that's not your fault, but is there any way to produce an alternative adapter that is made from some kind of clear material? Does 3D printing allow for that, or do you have to do laser cut acrylic?

The second thing is the use of black rubber washers and the dark colored screws. I don't know if the rubber washers come in a lighter color (I'm guessing not), but a lighter finish on the screws would definitely help. The Flightpose stands use a silvery finish, and they blend in quite well with the clear material.

Interesting feedback on the feet. Not sure if anything can be done. Is it an issue, or just something to be mindful of?

The type of 3d printing I am set up for does not allow me to print clear. I know shapeways has a frosted material, but I believe it is too brittle to be used for printing my adapters. I generally went with black ABS for the Bandai adapters, and gray/silver for the Yamato ones. The bandai adapters that come with their releases are black, and typically the Yamato's came with some shade of gray for their adapters. I am open to suggestion if people prefer one color over another.

As for hardware, I am looking into it:

RjQ2tTN.jpg

NVRfX0K.jpg

kNm8bBe.jpg

bTt1T0i.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti