YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Are you planning on an adaptor for a Konig Monster in shuttle mode Yeti?

I would if I could. I dont have one. I had posted asking for someone to lend me the adapter block that came with the konig so I could make one. No one responded.

Are we talking about this?

post-10222-0-92871000-1412528075_thumb.jpg

To be honest, I wouldn't trust putting the VB-6 on this thing on any roll axis beyond maybe 20 degrees. Pitch axis is okay for a greater degree. It's a very loose fit on the VB-6 and it rocks around while attached to it. I only got the normal one so I don't know if the SP version came with a better adapter. I know it came with a better base, but I don't recall if it used the same adapter piece.

I could lend you mine if you want to use it to make an adapter for the stand. Just send me a PM.

I agree that the Bandai Konig Monster stand adapter is very flimsy and I would not trust it at any of the off axis angles that your stands provide. Maybe if you made a specific arm setup for the Monster to limit the angles it may be a feasible solution. I can imagine people trying to position the monster at extreme angles and having the monster fall off and hit the floor.

Are we talking about this?

To be honest, I wouldn't trust putting the VB-6 on this thing on any roll axis beyond maybe 20 degrees. Pitch axis is okay for a greater degree. It's a very loose fit on the VB-6 and it rocks around while attached to it. I only got the normal one so I don't know if the SP version came with a better adapter. I know it came with a better base, but I don't recall if it used the same adapter piece.

I could lend you mine if you want to use it to make an adapter for the stand. Just send me a PM.

I might just pick up the re-issue when it comes out and make a custom adapter than.

Yeah. Better stand, same adapter. It is a little flimsy still so I agree I wouldn't use it for anything but a flat flight pose. I'd offer to post my adapter, but you know... Australia lol. I think the best option is to see if anyone can do a cast of the mounting slot and surrounding area with a material that has very small (if any) shrinkage. That way you can make a adapter that fits a little more snug. Even some precise measurements could work well enough for you to CAD it. I'm moving soon so mine is boxed up, but I'm sure someone could send you through some specs at least.

I received the stands about a month ago but due to work and life I didn't get the chance to put the stands together. Well had a birthday on Sunday and some downtime due to a typhoon so I put the stand together and it was a bear to get my nails under the covering. Once the covering was off the stands look awesome!! I put two together but I only have my Arcadia YF-19 displayed on it. But of course no good story is perfect, when I turned the 19 upside down the fold booster that I had installed on it folds it's way to the floor and splits into a few pieces... :(:(. All have been recovered except for the clear part on the forward piece of the booster. My luck will be the wife kicks it once it returns from it's space warp, as I have looked high and low for it... :ph34r:. Well once I get my Arcadia Kai-19, I'll take pics of them together!

Yeti awesome product brother!! Now just waiting on the next run!!

No worries. You haven't "missed" anything yet. I actual have a sample batch arriving today with some new components and revised base pieces. I will post an update and pics when they arrive.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Cool, it will nice to see the upgrades you have made.

Sorry for the delay on the pictures. Everything looks good, I have just had some other work get pushed in front.

Is there anyway to order just adapters while we wait for the next batch of Yeti stands to come out?

For sure. PM me what you need.

Will you be getting the Luca RVF-171, any chance we can get an adapter for that? I really hate that walker it has for a stand.

I have stayed away from the 171's due to explosion concerns. Are you talking about the geriatric walker stand it is going to come with? I am positive I could come up with something for it. If there is enough demand, I may pick an RVF-171.

Working on logistics for another run of 100. Those people who had ordered stands during the first round will be able to order the xl or dual arms without having to order an additional YetiStand.

Ooooooo.... I like! I am in. :D

Would it be possible for you to post schematic images of how the new arms would be attached and configured for the YetiStand. :)

As with all of the YetiStand components, they can be assembled in a number of ways. I can create a technical drawing for how I have the dual arm set up in the posted pictures.

As with all of the YetiStand components, they can be assembled in a number of ways. I can create a technical drawing for how I have the dual arm set up in the posted pictures.

I am visualizing the possible variations in my head, and having an example such as a technical drawing or a photo of just the stand would work. :)