YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Fantastic work Yeti. Really enjoyed the video and it's brilliant to see how far this has come since you had the original idea.

Your enthusiasm is contagious, and I'm confident that when you are happy with it we all will be too. Can't wait. :)

Edited by The Old Man

Thanks again, everyone. I ordered the revised components yesterday. Once those come in and I can confirm that the fitment is good, I will start taking orders.

I am waiting for a call back today from a local vendor for laser cutting. I will update with a price for the stand tonight.

I have had a lot of my stuff up on YetiStands for the past 3 months. I have not had a single incident with an arm coming loose. Now, obviously, you need to tighten them down, but I just got back to my office were I had left assorted valks ontop the acrylic YetiStands with the new washers. Every single one is holding strong. Looks like that washer is a good contender. The laser etching actually covers up most of the washer anyways. The clear washers may not be a necessity.

What size ratchet do you need to tighten them?

All of the hardware is metric M5. 8mm socket for the nut. Allen key number 5, I believe, for the bolt. I have been using a number 25 torx bit. If you have a set of allen keys, or hex bits, you should be good to go.

Nice. You already sent the revised ones? That was fast. Looking forward to the next update. Btw, does this comes with a instruction manual esp on the nuts and bolts you mentioned earlier? Thanks. ^_^

I'm guessing it's no more complex then the Bandai tree stands. Washer one side, bolt on the other.

I'm guessing it's no more complex then the Bandai tree stands. Washer one side, bolt on the other.

Washers on both sides. I will have a one sheet packaged with each order. It should be self explanatory, but every little bit helps.

Isamu in full on murder mode. I made the mistake of setting up my photo area on top of my work table. it is starting to get a little dilapidated. It is gonna need a refresh.

aY0ggm1l.jpg

F0O4SRGl.jpg

4KYHwHzl.jpg

fPeKHsyl.jpg

jRYv0KWl.jpg

I heard back from some local vendors. Prices are all quoted pretty much the same. The ones that were slightly cheaper are not able to have the crystal clear cut on the edges. Something to do with the temperature of the laser. Those places dealt mostly with metal.

The price of this round of YetiStand is going to be $50.00 for the standard base, and $52.50 for the pegged base. Each stand will include instructions, 2 arms, 1 elbow, and one complete base along with all hardware needed to assemble the stand. You can either pick a DX package, or a YA package. The DX package will include one set of adapters for the Bandai DX Macross Frontier Valkyries (will work with releases that came with a stand and stand adapters). The YA package will include one set of Yamato/Arcaida adapters (will work with releases that came with the Yamato style stand adapters). A set of adapters includes one adapter with a "banking" orientation, and one with a "standing" orientation. Buyer will pay for shipping. I am looking into standardized shipping boxes through USPS and UPS. I will most likely source a box for 1-3 stands, 4-6 stands, 7-10 stands, etc as needed to keep costs of shipping down. Payments will be through paypal. At this time, I am only offering shipping within the continental USA. This is to make this first batch or so easier for me. Once I see the logistics of this in motion, I may open up to international orders.

I am not going to limit the amount of stands an individual orders, but I would appreciate it if people set a personal maximum of no more than 10. The more people that get these the more feedback I could potentially receive. I am starting with batches of 100 to keep this manageable for myself. I do not want to crash into this with overconfidence, and than be left with delays and excuses.

I will lay this all out again when I create the for sale post.

Awesome stand! Very well designed and executed. And lastly, very sober and well planned approach to production and logistics. You've done some really good homework there and I hope this pays off in a big way for you.

Love seeing the talent people like you have and am even more excited when that talent comes to fruition that benefits the wider community as well.

C'mon, people! Make this successful so folks like me in other countries can eventually order some. ;)

When the for sale post is going to be up? F5, F5, F5... :)

After I get the revised base pivot. Should be good to go. If the base is still not as snug as I want to be, I will be assembling the base and base pivot with an acrylic bonding agent before shipping them out. Either outcome would not effect functionality, but a good fit would remove a step from production before I can ship them out.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I'm down for one Bandai base initially, with holes. I'm betting that Luca's 171 gets a super parts/Ghost set down the line.

Edited by Sildani

Think it will pull this off:

macross-30-dx-chogokin-yf-30-chronos.jpg

I'll buy it just for that :D

If that is a question, than the answer is yes. Although, I can not guarantee the tightness of the YF-30's hip joints. I did post pics of Isamu's YF-29 with a similar spread eagle pose. Edited by ChaoticYeti