YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

You might be dethroning flightpose.

Everybody sits around and bitches but you did something about it.

Love the clear :D

I'd like to get at least 1 to see how I like it :D

Edited by Gakken85

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I think I have figured out the tolerance issue and will be placing an order for some samples to be sure. I have almost all of the hardware needed to make 100 stands. There will be a for sale post on this site when I feel everything is good to go. I will be selling batches of 100 at a time made to order with a 3-4 week lead time for materials to arrive and to ship. So I would have a post in the for sale section offering 100, and than make/ship that batch out, rinse and repeat. If the demand is great enough I will look into increasing production.

I have a solid price in mind if I were to move forward with my current laser cutting vendor. I have a feeling the price won't change, but I want to shop for a local vendor and see if I can get the prices down. My margin is going to be novel either way. I will keep this post updated as necessary. I'd like to get them in your hands before the middle of September.

YetiStand is not locked into being used solely for Macross collectibles. It is feasible that this will grow beyond a laser cut stand, and into injection molding for a varied array of items. Understand that at any stage of its progression, my goal is to have the very best stand without compromising.

looks great.

should look into a base that can house 2 arms.

It can already do that. I have a couple of my printed ones holding up multiple figures by using 2 arms on the elbow instead of one.

Oh nice!

I will eventually sell components, but for right now I will only offer completed kits.

Since no one has done it yet...

Almost ready. I want to make sure the tolerance is fixed. We are working with lasers here.

Love what I'm seeing. Better than Flightpose. ^_^ Hats off to you, ChaoticYeti. Looking forward to your next round of video and updates. ;)

By the way, just a thought. Maybe down the line, you can promote this ala-DarrinG with his Gunpod Straps. Whoever post the best in-flight photo or the best use of the YetiStands gets a freebie or discounts on their next orders. What do you think, guys? :lol:

Nice. I will be ordering at least 6. I have a suggestion - I would use nylon nuts on the hinges/elbows. It will enable the stand's pose to be manipulated without requiring the nuts to be tightened all the time.

I had thought about that, but I won't be including them. I used a bit to tighten them in the video, but I can get away with just my fingers. If you use a locking nut you are going to need tools to loosen the joints. No problem there, except I like to change poses. May be just an effect of working with the stands.

If you want to keep the stand in a certain orientation you can just tighten down with tools. The compressive force of the stand components on the rubber washer causes outward pressure on the nut against the threads similar to a double nut. You can work it loose, but it is not going to come loose by itself.

Edited by ChaoticYeti