Some of my friends didn't make the connection either, which I think is fine and completely understandable. I don't think folks can be blamed for not recognizing the ship as a helicarrier, since it's only shown from a limited number of angles and there never is an overview establishing shot. However, I do think it should be fairly obvious that whatever one might think the ship to be, it's clearly NOT any conventional ship we have today. So if it's a fictional ship - in a Marvel universe movie - that kinda leads one back to the safe assumption that it's probably a helicarrier :)

I think the bigger question is does this brush up too close to Marvel for them to be happy about its use or did Fox and Marvel actually come to an agreement on something?

100% Guaranteed it's fine, besides Excelsior himself made an appearance too.

And I think it's easy enough for people to miss, this iteration of the Helicarrier looked far more like the old comic book counterpart than anything in the Disney Marvel Movieverse does anyway.

-b.

I had no friggin' clue what that structure was they were fighting on. I figured it was meant to be something cool and they ran out of money.

At first I thought it was one of the decommisioned Forrestal or Kitty Hawk class carriers. But when the thing started to topple over and I saw the bridge, I knew it was a helicarrier.

After seeing it a second time, I really think they missed an opportunity during one scene:

During the big gun battle at the end, Pool left his bag of guns behind and had to go with his swords. I think it would've been awesome if he'd picked up various rifles after killing their previous owners and only getting one or two shots out of them before running out of ammo. Then he could've complained that NOBODY was counting their rounds and nobody had belt pouches for back-up ammo. Pouches, people! They have uses!

Oh well. Missed opportunity.

It's still an awesome film :)

I'm sure it won't be that X-Force. Most likely the more classic/original line-up

IF Deadpool is in X-Force, it would make more sense to use a modern team. Deadpool was a villian in the original X-Force.

Edited by sh9000

But a more modern team brings into question the time line as two of the people you mentioned are running around during the 1980's according to X-Men Apocalypse which is 30 years ago. Also I don't think they would add wolverine since they would have to find another actor.

Going with a classic line-up is more beneficial as you get to use people who haven't been on screen yet. Also when has Fox truly cared that much for comic continuity in their movies, thus Deadpool could still be on the classic team as a member and not a villain.

Edited by kanedaestes

I'm gonna watch it again next week which is something that I rarely do. The only film I saw twice last year was TFA. ^_^ I'm not sure if they can recreate the magic with Deadpool 2. I'm pretty sure they try to sellout. ^_^