Arcadia to sell stand separately?

Gakken85

*snip*

With all these choices, there really isn't any room to complain. I actually thought the Arcadia ones are going to cost more. I think they're selling it separately at this price in lieu of including it with the already high price valks they're coming out with.

Agree with all of the other points you made in that post as well, but I had to single this out for common sense and truthiness.

-b.

If you guys want to debate stands, there's only like 10 topics already, including a flight pose thread, and a yeti stand thread.

Your point? I don't see any debate here, just a bunch of shared opinions.

Any discussion about one stand is going to bring up its good and bad points, and then people will add tangents about why x or y, or x and y stand is their favorite. It's the same in all the toy threads. Threads on Bandai Valkyries also discuss Arcadia releases, and vice versa. If you just want to focus on the Arcadia stand, then just focus on that. It's easy to ignore the rest without getting grumpy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If you can find a stand that looks better for the same price and can hold your valks, let me know...

lol

mine was free with roy. but i have a hard time spending over 30 for a stand.

this is the first arcadia item that's reasonable.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Now we actually know how much more we are paying for an Arcadia VF-1 v. a Yamato VF-1.... ;)

Seems like they are up-charging a heck of a lot more for the VF-1's, than they did for the VF-19 Kai re-release........not looking forward to the price of the GBP combo set.....or a potential VT-1 and Max & Millia VF-1J Super combo sets....sucks to be a VF-1 fan...

*snip*

Someone mentioned Mighty Block stands. How was the Mighty block stands? Looks like you could connect a couple together to make a bigger base. But it also looks like the base might be a little small for bigger valks though. .

I did mentioned it earlier. Sorry I couldn't share anything regarding the Mighty Block stands since I don't have one. But looking forward to have one in MSRP. :D But from what I've read or what I've seen posted here before was that Yamato mentioned that this is ok 'only' for the VF-1's but I've seen some photos online or even here of VF-4G, YF-19, YF-21, SV-51, even VF-0S in a Mighty Block stands. But I assumed since this is a 'low' stand, it should probably used for Fighter mode only. Which I really don't mind. Using it in Battroid mode, or Gerwalk, I guess we have to bend the knees more so it won't touch the base/floor. It's useful though in Battroid for support even if it's just standing. And the 'real estate' just covers minimal space compared to the bigger stand. I'm thinking the width of the Mighty Blocks somehow the same width as YetiStand. But please do correct me if I'm wrong since my opinion is just based on the photos I've seen online. You could probably connect the base. But if you're going to put a wider valks, there's no way to attach the other base to pose it side-by-side. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, for some special pose, I'll go with YetiStands. It's not a display stand contest, just my 2 cents. ^_^

Now we actually know how much more we are paying for an Arcadia VF-1 v. a Yamato VF-1.... ;)

Seems like they are up-charging a heck of a lot more for the VF-1's, than they did for the VF-19 Kai re-release........not looking forward to the price of the GBP combo set.....or a potential VT-1 and Max & Millia VF-1J Super combo sets....sucks to be a VF-1 fan...

Simplicity rules, I guess. ;)

Your point? I don't see any debate here, just a bunch of shared opinions.

Any discussion about one stand is going to bring up its good and bad points, and then people will add tangents about why x or y, or x and y stand is their favorite. It's the same in all the toy threads. Threads on Bandai Valkyries also discuss Arcadia releases, and vice versa. If you just want to focus on the Arcadia stand, then just focus on that. It's easy to ignore the rest without getting grumpy.

Because these opinions already exist in the stand specific threads they are posted in previously.

This isn't a new stand, it's been discussed in both VF-1S release threads. Relentlessly. If you're not going to get it great.

Go post about how much better those stands are in thier threads. Otherwise merge all the damn threads together into one big

Emo thread.

Because these opinions already exist in the stand specific threads they are posted in previously.

This isn't a new stand, it's been discussed in both VF-1S release threads. Relentlessly. If you're not going to get it great.

Go post about how much better those stands are in thier threads. Otherwise merge all the damn threads together into one big

Emo thread.

Huh? Are you talking about somebody else?

I think the wide base is a good thing, especially for larger, heavier or irregular pieces. ...Unrelated... Arcadia's big plus is storage. I like to use these stands as a stackable alternative for small parts, which helps to cut down on the number of retail boxes filling up the limited closet space at home (and keeps me out of trouble). At this price, I will be happy to pick up some more.

Also, Emo? LOL! You don't even know me. Try again.

I don't think Skull called you Emo blue, he just said we can start a thread about all the stands that are available and about all those stands in that thread lol. He called the thread emo because people would likely be crying/complaining about something in there lol.

I don't think Skull called you Emo blue, he just said we can start a thread about all the stands that are available and about all those stands in that thread lol. He called the thread emo because people would likely be crying/complaining about something in there lol.

Well by that definition literally every thread on this board is emo, seriously. And it's not that big a deal.

You know what Arcadia should do, offer these in different colors. Clear. Clear Blue. Red. Smoke. Etc. Then I might be enticed to buy a couple. :D

-b.

You know what Arcadia should do, offer these in different colors. Clear. Clear Blue. Red. Smoke. Etc. Then I might be enticed to buy a couple. :D

That's a good idea. You could match a specific color to specific Valkyries or buy a few for a diorama.

Thanks, Loop. I see that now. I was surprised more than bothered. Since Gakken posted the original thread in July, others have been comparing the Arcadia stand to other stands. I still think it is the best stand for storage at the moment. But I guess that can get repetitive after a fashion. My intent wasn't to kick up a dust cloud. I just feel lucky to have so many good choices.

So you're making the decision that these AREN'T display stands by definition?

Pretty much. They raise it off the ground, but they don't allow much posing at all, and are big ugly industrial-looking blocks. That take up a ton of space.

"Displaying/looking good/making the valk look good" are at the very bottom of their design intent, clearly.

"Preventing contact with the ground/shelf" is really all they do.

I have hundreds of model planes---many use the cheap ugly stand they come with out of necessity/cost. But for as many as I can find/afford---they get the much better, more elegant stands that both allow more to fit in the same area (more graceful/artful stands almost always take up less space and usually have varaible heights) and flat-out look a lot better---usually NOT being 3/4 the size of what they're holding up.

I got one with my VF-1S Roy and I like it. I agree that there could be more articulation, but the range of possible poses in all modes is still pretty great, it's rock solid and, as someone noted, could carry much larger and heavier models than a 1/60 Valk. I don't mind the footprint as much, as it's JUST enough to comfortably store missiles and all the option parts/fixed pose hands/gimmicks that come with one Arcadia Valk. The one problem I have with it was noted in the review on anymoon.com - the storage covers are weirdly built, there's nothing to lift them up by using just hands... but that's a tiny complaint.

I don't think they look so bad either. Let's face it though...until they have some kind of magic hover technology where nothing touches or plugs into the toy, ALL stands are gonna be intrusive and look strange attached to a flying jet or robot.

Go Crazy :D

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/macross/9781-macross-display-stand.html

21.69 a pop USD aint bad at all. better than HLJ's price :p

Thanks Duymon! Ordered my 3... man, they've jacked up the shipping! They must be in huge boxes...

post-244-0-27891100-1414504026_thumb.jpg

Thanks Duymon! Ordered my 3... man, they've jacked up the shipping! They must be in huge boxes...

Also ordered 3, but from AE since their price is lowest. AE need you to pay now but when the way gas price going it's better for us to pay now anyway. We can compare their shipping price to Canada in a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered 4, and also made this adapter on Shapeways (http://www.shapeways.com/model/2834468/y2b-attach.html) to attach any Bandai Valk to it.

Unfortunately I don't own the recent VF-1 from Arcadia, so I can't really test that for now. I only own the SV-51 and YF-21 stands. I've put the adapter in Beta state until I can confirm it is suitable!

I am tempted to buy this arcadia stand for yf-19.

Still wondering why arcadia didn't include one with the yf-19 like they did for sv-51. The big footprint doesn't bother me much since I only have one or two toys on display and keep everything else boxed up. Too many things cluttering the shelves looks bad. Your eyes should focus on the one thing and the environment around it being empty makes the overall display look clean. Minimalism.

..Just like the old yamato boxes with bare background and in the middle just the letters of the mecha and nothing else to tell us what is actually in the box. lol Less detail on the box actually makes it stand out more in a crowd of boxes with busy covers.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, if Minimalism is the issue, don't u think the arcadia stand has too many elements with the 1 1/2 leg + huge base instead of one long flexible arm + smaller base?

I'm sure it'll look good with big valks like yf-19s/sv-51s/yf-21s but it's a bit out of proportion with vf-1s + loss of hierarchy. This is where the launch arm/mighty block looks a lot better in relation with the valk size and why I wish arcadia could reissue those ones too. Less plinth, more flexibility, minimal volume.

Like some collectors I can't afford 1 valk per shelf so 2-3 valks (depending on size) per shelf + limited shelf numbers is option I can't run away from. I wanna see the valks I have flying as they're meant to be, not in boxes.

Yeah, It's a bit subjective but I'm just highlighting the plus/minus of the stand vs personal display space availability. Hard to balance all but guess I'll have to make do until I have a bigger space to put small big things or get yeti-stands/or equivalent to tilt the vf-25 (on that rigid bandai stand).

• 2 months later...