Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

if by any chance you are talking about great toys then it is already sold

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=342&products_id=24776

for the price, yeah it is a bit steep and if you go over YJA, the price of a MISB 30th SSP can easily reach 12 to 15k yen.

I searched online and saw the name of the store. Its R-Toys at Virra Mall (Great Toys is in Shoppesville):

2011-rtoys.jpg

They also have a couple of loose v2 VF-1's there too (a strike Hikky and strike Fokker), both panel lined and missing some parts, w/out boxes. PhP 11,+++ each (around USD250.00). There's some other Macross and Robotech stuff as well, but nothing overly special, in my books at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm stoked. I secured a late version of the Yamato Armor parts and VF-1J with grey visor (Non-1 on the front).

Guess I can cancel my Arcadia version as I already have the 30th VF-1J Tv version.

I also have one on pre-order that I am so so on. I never bought the grey goggle version from Yamato, but I already have 2x VF-1J white goggles and one set of the Armor parts with "Missile Launch Effect parts" I chose the white goggles version so it would match my 1/48 Armored VF-1J so one or the other would not look off from the other. I'm just starting to feel like I don't need this one as I did with the new VF-19 Kai.

Me as well. I have a pre-order up that I'm debating keeping - I have a Maruyama 171 and a Percival on PO. My need for a V2 VF-1 was met by a fairly cheap TV Kakizaki I bought from an MW'er. What I really want are Super parts for it, and Arcadia hasn't said a damn THING about reassuring those, as best I know. Perhaps they don't have the molds for those?

I'm gonna keep my PO, as I've never had a GBP in any scale nor a 1J in 1/60 scale, nor option parts...but I'm also temped by the 0A, not sure if I can afford both.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Armor set today. I have to say I'm impressed with how simple, easy, and sold it is - and how they built the engineering into the VF-1. I'm so sad that Ultra Magnus wasn't this well thought out and solid.

h2nRSt1l.jpg

gk0dRbql.jpg

RdbdC9fl.jpg

SyxVnHVl.jpg

OJ64Xq2l.jpg

dhTf3KPl.jpg

9PmKlpQl.jpg

0yx9L1ml.jpg

JSIXaejl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

G - those pics are wayyy too big - its killing the page!

On Gray Goggles -----

I never alter my figures so I do not damage a resale, but for the 1J, I used grey metallic on the goggles and it looks great.

I think any future buyer would appreciate that I did it for them . . .

post-8486-0-09684100-1426606617_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Hmm. My monitors are pretty big so I never notice haha. The board always resizes images for me. Maybe its your browser?

You can also take apart the 30th head and swap visors. It has a grey visor.

Idk if that is possible without breaking the head though.

Edited by Gakken85

G - those pics are wayyy too big - its killing the page!

On Gray Goggles -----

I never alter my figures so I do not damage a resale, but for the 1J, I used grey metallic on the goggles and it looks great.

I think any future buyer would appreciate that I did it for them . . .

GBP.jpg

That does look great man! What did you use to paint it? I'm thinking of using a gundam marker

if by any chance you are talking about great toys then it is already sold

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=342&products_id=24776

for the price, yeah it is a bit steep and if you go over YJA, the price of a MISB 30th SSP can easily reach 12 to 15k yen.

They've had that Super and Strike Parts set at R-Toys Virra Mall for a while and it's the older release not the 30th anniversary one with option parts. I saw that set around December last year and the best price they could give me was PHP 6.5k, around USD 146.

Edited by mmv1976

Yep - was a gundam marker, the paint kind you have to shake. I can look and maybe find the number Monday...

Thanks man! I got a couple of the gold and silver ones in my hlj pw for zaku heat axes. Love the idea of having two-toned silvers using the sharpies that mike mentioned. Will look for those as well

• 2 weeks later...