Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Just a bit of a rant...

I spent less than 3 months in Tokyo this summer, and had time to cruise a lot of toy/hobby shops.

Arcadia products such as the Classic VFs are shelfwarmers there. Most shops in Akiba had some, prices are reasonable too.

But try to get hold of an Arcadia YF-19, that's a different story all together.

So what does this indicate? A lot of people would rather get something other than your standard VF.

No disrespect to any of you who find this release exiting. For my part,the only thing I'm happy about is that they are still releasing Macross toys.

It'll probably be cheaper to just pick up a Yamato Ver if you don't already own this toy. Most die hard Macross fans probably have this in their collection in one form or another. For the ones that missed it, yes great, but you can still get hold of the Yamato versions. unlike a certain VF-4G.....

I do not understand Arcadia's marketing at all, and the way things are going, wouldn't be surprised if they eventually drop the Macross line all together. Or worse, end up with the same fate as Yamato.

Marketing-wise, wouldn't it pay more to re-release pieces such as the VF-4G and such?? I mean I love the classics 1/60 VFs like any other Macross fan out there, but, when you have more than 50 in your collection all colors under the rainbow.

I'd be FAR more exited to get other planes, not your usual 'classic VFs' (armor or no armor. )That you can still find on the web.

I need more than a few tweaks here and there or whatever color goggles to make me spend hard earned cash on something that I already own in many scales colors versions etc.

Am I the only one thinking like this? Wouldn't you guys (and gals) rather have re-releases of more interesting stuff such as the VF-4G, VF-11, tweaked version of Macross Zeros , how about something totally new like a 1/60 VA-3M or a VF-9??

Seems in Japan only the classic Vfs are of any interest? And when you consider that a big chunk of Arcadia's Macross market is outside Japan, they should open up a bit to the suggestion of non-Japanese fans too?? Have any of you guys tried to contact Arcadia on their site...what a joke.." ARCADIA Customer Center would not offer our services to international customers."or something of that effect. But they still want my $$$?? Very poor.

They need some serious thinking if they want to stay afloat and keep their fanbase alive. For now, they are not getting any of my hard earned cash. And they won't until I feel that they are giving us things that are worthy of a purchase.( the Vf Gunpod they have available on their site only is kinda neat, but, the price LOL 121905円. Maybe buy 10 and sell them in 2 years time on Evil-Bay to become a millionaire! Yeah right....

Feels they are just trying to milk the 1/60 Vf Yamato molds with a few tweaks to justify the price increase.

Makes me wonder if they even bought the molds of all the other stuff Yamato had? Seems like its not the case. Or that they are getting them as they go along.

Also, outside Macross, what happened to all the other lines ,ex: GNU-Dou? These were amazing figures, and the DX ones such as Danguard, Baxinger. The cool Votoms, Garlands, Patlabors etc...these were the days. Maybe that was what sank Yamato ( har har dumb joke).

Too many products in too many directions. But I miss their stuff a lot. Yes we used to criticise their QC and such, but at least, they gave us some amazing toys and figures not just dolls and Lolitas.

Are you listenening Arcadia? Obviously not *sigh*

For now at least, I'm not supporting Arcadia and haven't bought any of their releases. Only one I did consider was the YF-19, as it did get a makeover, and is different enough to the original to warrant a purchase. With some improvement to the line art, new missiles etc but its not very easy to get hold of.

That should be a sign that other Vfs are as popular as the classic Vf-1.

A hint as to what custommers are after? Am I completely wrong?

So come on Arcadia , give us a a VF-4G ( you probably gathered by now, that I don't have one....and would shell out eyes closed if they did re-release it. Anything BUT your 'average' VF.

Anyway, I'm rambling too much. Sorry,If I don't share the excitement. And will give this armour 're-re-release' a miss.

If that's all the Macross we'll see from Arcadia in 2015, the future looks bleak.(;_;).

Man that was a long rant...sorry...I got carried away m(_ _)m.

Not sure what to say... But Arcadia is now more careful in their releases compared to how Yamato did it.

But what I want to convey is; so far It's been only been around a year with Arcadia. Give them time!

Plus you can't get the Yammie version of this cheaply / easily right now (at least buying from outside of Japan, took me so long and costly to get mine!). I'm very happy that this gets re-released because this gives the sign that past Yammies that newcomers like me missed,has a chance to be reissued.

I also don't understand Arcadia release plans. I would prefer if they re-release the items that are very expensive on the after-market such as the VF-4/VF-11/SDF-1/M&M. Maybe the reason why Arcadia is shy of releasing them is the small market. Sure the items are rare and and fetching high prices but a production run that would allow Arcadia to keep the price under (let's say) 30k Yen would result in an instant saturation of the market.

The fact that you can find the Arcadia VF-1 everywhere in Japan is no indication if the release is a success or not. If Arcadia made (imaginary numbers) 10k pieces and sold 8k off with 2k still on the market but they only needed 5k so break even they made a profit. Maybe the brick and mortar stores will order less items the next time around because they overestimated the demand but releasing the hero Valkyries might be still a smart decision.

The market for the VF-4 and VF-11 might be very small. Perhaps only 2k (imaginary) people are willing to spend money on them and with small numbers the price per unit will go up which would lead to even less customer interest. Keep in mind that the VF-4 was a made to order product and the VF-11 was a shelf warmer. Sure they are all gone now but that was during a buying frenzy.

I don't know why Arcadia does not want to do more made to order releases now. I'm in for all the Valkyries I listed above and for all the obscure/unpopular ones they haven't done yet so I would be glad to throw money at them. Maybe they don't want negative press if a preoder goal is missed or they think that the market won't support those releases (which might be true).

On the other hand they could do sparse releases to overheat the market just as Bandai did with their Renewals. However a strategy that worked for Bandai doesn't necessarily work Arcadia.

I will order this set if the preorder goes live to show my support and to give Arcadia an incentive to do more releases....

...oh and of course I order one because I don't have a GBP or a VF-1J in my collection. :p

That's awesome that you were able to get to Tokyo for the summer.

I would love to see more unique Valkyries from Arcadia too, but I also want them to get to a place where they can maintain their business without any financial hiccups. I hope the new super cautious release strategy is working in their favor. I do question some of their choices, though. The VF-19 Kai being one. I think we could have used a different Sound Force representative this time around.

The VF-1S releases were a nice transition away from Yamato, but in this case I wish Arcadia hadn't ignored Max. If there was one rare Yamato Valkyrie that Arcadia should have released with all the updated tweaks, it was Max's DYRL VF-1S. Anyway, I haven't given up on seeing it eventually.

I am very excited for the VF-0D and VF-1J/armor releases that are coming soon. I hope if these do well that we see more releases next year. Or maybe Arcadia will risk more variety in 2015? Either way, it will be interesting to see what they deliver.

That's awesome that you were able to get to Tokyo for the summer.

I would love to see more unique Valkyries from Arcadia too, but I also want them to get to a place where they can maintain their business without any financial hiccups. I hope the new super cautious release strategy is working in their favor. I do question some of their choices, though. The VF-19 Kai being one. I think we could have used a different Sound Force representative this time around.

The VF-1S releases were a nice transition away from Yamato, but in this case I wish Arcadia hadn't ignored Max. If there was one rare Yamato Valkyrie that Arcadia should have released with all the updated tweaks, it was Max's DYRL VF-1S. Anyway, I haven't given up on seeing it eventually.

I am very excited for the VF-0D and VF-1J/armor releases that are coming soon. I hope if these do well that we see more releases next year. Or maybe Arcadia will risk more variety in 2015? Either way, it will be interesting to see what they deliver.

Accounting for any variations in personal preference of which unique Valkyries I'd want, I wholeheartedly agree.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

i find myself agreeing more and more with this...

someone should just hollow out that chest area and put a magnet there. have a metal painted stripe piece in all the colors of the rainbow...granted all stripes need to be done and heads in all colors. somoene would makea killing. you'd just need to re-engineer the torso slightly. hehe. yamato arcadia never did this precisley because they need to sell more valks but cmon how awesome would that be? hehe

that being said i need another full armor 1j in my life. hehe

someone should just hollow out that chest area and put a magnet there. have a metal painted stripe piece in all the colors of the rainbow...granted all stripes need to be done and heads in all colors. somoene would makea killing. you'd just need to re-engineer the torso slightly. hehe. yamato arcadia never did this precisley because they need to sell more valks but cmon how awesome would that be? hehe

that being said i need another full armor 1j in my life. hehe

i like magnets, especially for model kits (i sometimes cheat on my valks with mg gundams). that's what they should do for all these armor/super/psycho parts/weapons sets!

If the J-GBP set is scheduled to release Jan 2015 and the Zero-D a month later in Feb and considering that the pre-orders have already opened up for the Zero then when will the pre-orders for the J open most likely? Its kinda weird that they still haven't yet? Sorry if this has been covered in conversation already..

Edited by spanner76

Hey spanner. The JGBP will be released on May. January I believe is the month they will open the PO's. ;)

attachicon.gifwfar001.jpg

ahhh ok well that clears things up a bit! Thanks for the info dude! B))

That's GREAT news! It gives enough time for the wallet to recover from the 0D.

and yes gives us a little buffer to help wallets & bank accounts recover before our next crazy mad spending sprees! I definitely will be getting one for sure!! ;)