Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

That's just some random weathered version that he found on another forum and posted... It has nothing to do with the Arcadia release.

So far we know that

1. It will not have a grey visor.

2. It will not have effects parts.

3. It will have a valk.

4. it will NOT be weathered.

It may be a DYRL release.. but that's not confirmed.

Edited by Gakken85

That's just some random weathered version that he found on another forum and posted... It has nothing to do with the Arcadia release.

So far we know that

3. It will have a valk.

Wew, that's good. I'm fine with it being a DYRL release, I don't care what the box says, and if it's like the DYRL Roy 1S, it will be exactly the same as a TV version, bright white, which is what I want and am ready for. Grey goggles would be cool, I could care less if it's accurate or not, I just like how it gives a little contrast to the head/camera area, it breaks up all the white nicely in my opinion, I'll paint it myself if I have to.

So far we know that

3. It will have a valk.

It's a SDFM release because it's ©1982.

The GBP should be purple if it's really the TV-version.

Don't have the BD, but these are from my Animeigo dvds.

It's not really purple.

That said, maybe you oughta really start getting and watching Macross and stuff so that you don't get yourself a bit confused about stuff as much as often here at MWF...

post-263-0-52355300-1407311973_thumb.png

post-263-0-20684300-1407312057_thumb.png

post-263-0-80980100-1407312067_thumb.png

post-263-0-59428000-1407312079_thumb.png

post-263-0-55753200-1407312101_thumb.png

post-263-0-35697200-1407312116_thumb.png

Edited by treatment

I know people that paint Roy Focker figures purple because of some screenshots and even some promotional pieces... they're crazy! Just google "Roy Focker" and you'll find some images where his flight suit has a purplish tinge... but it's just for tone. You can't color things exactly the same way when they're in different locations... it'll look dull and feel flat. Adjusting the hue reflects the location, mood and atmosphere for the scene.

I'm not sure if YF-29 is being serious. Throughout all of episode 9 the armored VF-1J has a particular look. I sold my Animeigo DVDs after picking up the Macross Blu-ray set, so I had to dig out some dusty copies of Robotech for this quick check of the video (I know, I know). There is one brief moment where the goggles appear red. I would say THAT is the animation error.

The grey goggles are consistent. Here are a few more scenes for those who care:

Hikaru from above, after he climbs into the armored 1J

attachicon.gifgrey_above.png

Hikaru descends into the armored 1J and the Valkyrie's 'top hatch' closes

attachicon.gifgrey_closed.png

The armored 1J in flight, with the TV SDF in the background

attachicon.gifgrey_flight.png

Edit: Arcadia has been good about adding sweet extras. For this set, an interchangeable 1J head (white goggles and grey goggles), would be perfect IMO.

I finally see the grey googles are part of the armor I mean: VF-1J + Armor = Grey googles... VF-1J with no armor = White googles....Mistery solved...Thank you. Grey Googles are in fact a removable part of the armor. Do you tjink Arcadia is going to make it happen?

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

I don't know if you can say it's definitely a separate part, it looks like it's just painted gray when the armor is on... No, you can't reconcile that to how things would work in real life.

I think I need an explanation. Most of the armor/super parts in Macross are derivative fantasy, no?

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's definitely purple and an animation mistake. i have two from yamato and yep... color is clear as day. and i directed Macross and told yamato it was a mistake but they decided to release it anyways. but arcadia finally listened and corrected the goggles.

The visor is defintely the same color as the armor in the animation.

It is, but that's definitely a mistake haha

Like when they made Starscream blue or something.

Edited by Gakken85

A mistake isn't done consistently, it was a choice by someone that when in the GBP the visor is gray. It doesn't appear to be a separate piece, just gray. Takatoku probably used gray because they knew they were going to release a GBP. Whether it should be the same blue gray as the armor... I dunno. Maybe it is a separate piece, just really thin... I'd be upfor an attachment if they could pull it off.

Edited by jenius

I'm hoping they nail the head itself down. If you look at the line art an animation the 1J head has a distinct two piece lower section under the visor. Currently the yamato mold misses this. They just do not match and I think that section is what defines the 1J.