Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

I'm not sure if YF-29 is being serious. Throughout all of episode 9 the armored VF-1J has a particular look. I sold my Animeigo DVDs after picking up the Macross Blu-ray set, so I had to dig out some dusty copies of Robotech for this quick check of the video (I know, I know). There is one brief moment where the goggles appear red. I would say THAT is the animation error.

The grey goggles are consistent. Here are a few more scenes for those who care:

Hikaru from above, after he climbs into the armored 1J

post-5492-0-33130500-1406471901_thumb.png

Hikaru descends into the armored 1J and the Valkyrie's 'top hatch' closes

post-5492-0-70689100-1406471920_thumb.png

The armored 1J in flight, with the TV SDF in the background

post-5492-0-45543800-1406471932_thumb.png

Edit: Arcadia has been good about adding sweet extras. For this set, an interchangeable 1J head (white goggles and grey goggles), would be perfect IMO.

Edited by technoblue

Edit: Arcadia has been good about adding sweet extras. For this set, an interchangeable 1J head (white goggles and grey goggles), would be perfect IMO.

Great idea, that would be nice.

The grey goggle is an animation error, the 1J is consistently showed with a white goggle all trough the series, even on the show opening sequence. The color artist for that episode probably though it matched better with the armor, one could even go as far and say it could have been an armor addon for the visor but after Hikaru ditches the armor and goes into the Zentradi scout ship the goggle is still grey on close ups.

Animation error. I prefer grey goggle over the white one.

I wonder why this will take jan for a release considering that the molds are there.

I think its because they want us to start saving up because we know Arcadia is pricing it as much as 50% more than Yamato - this in effect will make them earn more.hehehe

Great idea, that would be nice.

The grey goggle is an animation error, the 1J is consistently showed with a white goggle all trough the series, even on the show opening sequence. The color artist for that episode probably though it matched better with the armor, one could even go as far and say it could have been an armor addon for the visor but after Hikaru ditches the armor and goes into the Zentradi scout ship the goggle is still grey on close ups.

Animation error. I prefer grey goggle over the white one.

Perhaps. I prefer to think of the armored 1J and Hikaru's standard 1J as mutually exclusive variants. I don't know if there was ever an official statement on this, or if it is just another fan debate. A head that we could switch out would ceratinly make everyone happy.

And if it isn't included, I'll probably just paint that part to make it different from the standard 1J that I already have. ;)

I got a reply .. "It's still a secret".

It's not the final product. So fan support could change the color of the visor.

I suggest anyone who knows decent Japanese tweet that you want the grey visor

Version.

Just a heads up, tweeting in English usually won't get a response.

Remember those of us outside of Japan don't count.

So tweet in Japanese if you want a response, or at least a chance.

I'm not sure if YF-29 is being serious. Throughout all of episode 9 the armored VF-1J has a particular look. I sold my Animeigo DVDs after picking up the Macross Blu-ray set, so I had to dig out some dusty copies of Robotech for this quick check of the video (I know, I know). There is one brief moment where the goggles appear red. I would say THAT is the animation error.

The grey goggles are consistent. Here are a few more scenes for those who care:

Hikaru from above, after he climbs into the armored 1J

grey_above.png

Hikaru descends into the armored 1J and the Valkyrie's 'top hatch' closes

grey_closed.png

The armored 1J in flight, with the TV SDF in the background

grey_flight.png

You should show that to mrk on twitter :)

I already have 2x VF-1J's and the armor set that came with the launch effect missiles. I think I may have to pass on this one. Also on the TV show SDFM, on the opening the goggles are white, but on the scene in the show the colors swap around while being animated. I never did get a grey goggle version though and it would kinda add to my DYRL display if it did come out with grey goggles...

SDFM opening sequence:

SDFM_white_goggles_zps7d2840fa.jpg

Edited by Loop

I'll probably get it with or without...but I'm REALLY pulling for the grey goggles! If anything I'll paint it in myself but it'd be nice to have one less thing to do :)

so... are some of you not getting it because it doesn't have the grey goggles?

I'm hoping for stand alone armor release cause I already have three Hikaru VF-1J's. I want more GBP armors for my DYRL? VF-1A cannon fodders.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm hoping for stand alone armor release cause I already have three Hikaru VF-1J's. I want more GBP armors for my DYRL? VF-1A cannon fodders.

yeah, i think that would be best having a stand alone

yeah, i think that would be best having a stand alone

I think the standalone is coming, but later, they are going to release this first so for the people that can't wait for set of GBP armor for their already VF-1J will be tempted to get the set, and then they will release just the armor for the people that was waiting.. but the people that brought the set will most likey buy the standalone GBP too since they probably still have many Valks without armor..

I think the standalone is coming, but later, they are going to release this first so for the people that can't wait for set of GBP armor for their already VF-1J will be tempted to get the set, and then they will release just the armor for the people that was waiting.. but the people that brought the set will most likey buy the standalone GBP too since they probably still have many Valks without armor..

I don't think it's safe to assume anything about Arcadia's release strategy at this point.

At this point I'm 100% in for one, seeing as I don't even have a Hikaru 1J, so now I"m just wondering about price. As I posted in the last page I'm going to sell the armor, I really don't want it, but I'd like to have a reference for the whole figure's price so I'd know what would be fair to sell the armor for by itself. I'd like to get back what money I can for the stuff I don't want, and here's to hoping that by release they give us the grey goggles, I'll paint it myself if I have to but I don't want to.

At this point I'm 100% in for one, seeing as I don't even have a Hikaru 1J, so now I"m just wondering about price. As I posted in the last page I'm going to sell the armor, I really don't want it, but I'd like to have a reference for the whole figure's price so I'd know what would be fair to sell the armor for by itself. I'd like to get back what money I can for the stuff I don't want, and here's to hoping that by release they give us the grey goggles, I'll paint it myself if I have to but I don't want to.

Yeah, I don't have a V2 1J either. I'm not a big fan of the GBP, and as I've already got the 1/48 as well as the V1 1/60, I don't know that I'd ever display the armor, so I might do the same - buy it and then sell of the armor.

Love the GBP, truly the precursor to the Armor Parts for the VF-25's. I have my GBP on my CF VF-1J and I love it.

I'm in for a set regardless of armor, visor, missile or box color (which is SUCH a hot-button topic around here lately).

-b.