because of boredom at work and wikipedia i have slowly become a fan of a lot of the DC characters. Right now i am reading flash, and i want to pick up some batman ones. I have all star batman and all star superman. I have always been of batman though, ever since i was a kid. To see a normal man/human be able to stand his grand against overly powerful aliens, and gods and know that he could or has owned them all at one point or another is great. One thing i don't like recently about comics is the return of certain characters. it has always been a long standing constant that Bucky (captain america's sidekick) and the second Robin were dead for good. PERIOD. I don't care how creative their return was now its like writers can't be original and have original stories or original characters. Let's resurrect some dead people, or change powers and unmask others. Oh well, its whatever i guess.

because of boredom at work and wikipedia i have slowly become a fan of a lot of the DC characters. Right now i am reading flash, and i want to pick up some batman ones. I have all star batman and all star superman. I have always been of batman though, ever since i was a kid. To see a normal man/human be able to stand his grand against overly powerful aliens, and gods and know that he could or has owned them all at one point or another is great. One thing i don't like recently about comics is the return of certain characters. it has always been a long standing constant that Bucky (captain america's sidekick) and the second Robin were dead for good. PERIOD. I don't care how creative their return was now its like writers can't be original and have original stories or original characters. Let's resurrect some dead people, or change powers and unmask others. Oh well, its whatever i guess.

427343[/snapback]

I feel ya; I'm not feel'in Red Hood(Jason Todd) or even the Winter Soldier(Bucky Barnes) too much. I'm glad Marvel is keeping Jean Grey dead and Banshee doesn't seem like he's coming back to the land of the living. In the case of Arsenal, I think the Brad Metzler wanted a bowman on the JLA and maybe wouldn't or couldn't use Green Arrow. Speedy's been showing up on JLU and the Teen Titans shows and it looks like DC maybe exploiting that. The new Flash is Bart Allen, the former Impulse/Kid Flash, and in Smallville the Flash that guest starred was named Bart. Johnathan Kent might die in the Superman comics and that would parallel Superman Returns and Smallville.

427343[/snapback]

I feel ya; I'm not feel'in Red Hood(Jason Todd) or even the Winter Soldier(Bucky Barnes) too much. I'm glad Marvel is keeping Jean Grey dead and Banshee doesn't seem like he's coming back to the land of the living. In the case of Arsenal, I think the Brad Metzler wanted a bowman on the JLA and maybe wouldn't or couldn't use Green Arrow. Speedy's been showing up on JLU and the Teen Titans shows and it looks like DC maybe exploiting that. The new Flash is Bart Allen, the former Impulse/Kid Flash, and in Smallville the Flash that guest starred was named Bart. Johnathan Kent might die in the Superman comics and that would parallel Superman Returns and Smallville.

427446[/snapback]

yeah i don't know why, but i got real interested in the flash, i love the powers all the different forms and variations of the speed force, and i kinda like how it's kind of a family thing, and how bart is the new flash. He still has a whole lot of growing up as a person to do to be able to handle that responsibility, seeing as how his name was once impulse and it was given to him by batman because of his impulsive nature. It will be interesting to see how he handles his new responsiblilties. I try my best to keep with with all the goings on in comics, if i don't buy any comics at all i still always buy Wizard magazine every month. Hell even when i was in basic training they had a comic shop in the mini mall and i had them hold the latest issue of wizard for me until i graduated. Right now i am big into the old classics that have made a comeback. Classics like Moon Knight and Ghost Rider. Those were some of the very first comics i read as a young kid, long before i ever cared about collecting.

not meaning to change topic, but I just bought the 1st volume of The Losers to try it out. Sorry to say I hated it. It's just the A-Team with every FBI/CIA/super spy movie cliche you can think of.

• 5 months later...

Arise dead Super Thread; arise and see the world again...

Some fun at the expense of Marvel's Civil War (is that thing even over?).

http://mightygodking.livejournal.com/292662.html#cutid1

BTW, don't have a clue about the current state of affairs in the marvel and DC universes. Anything worth a dime in superhero comics lately?

Well done, O Resurrector. I've gotten into Civil War, but it's gone on for how long now?!?

I just this second finished reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. It was GREAT. Go get it!

also recently read 30 Days of Night. Cute idea, great art, bad writing.

What else.. I'm enjoying Garth Ennis' The Boys, and his new series of the Midnighter is great too. 7 Brothers on the other hand seems more like 'I did it for the money'

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished Civil War # 7. What a drag. The book was too anticlimatic. I think this series failed overall. Marvel wimped out and kept the status quo. Though the end gives them the potential to tell some interesting stories. This has been the 2nd big story(House of M) in a row that I think Marvel dropped the ball. Thank god DC is telling some good stories right now.

Books I'm curently reading:

X-men, Uncanny X-men, Astonishing X-men, Ms Marvel, New Excalibur,

All star Superman, GITS, JSA, JLA, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Action Comics, Teen Titans, Checkmate, 52, New Universal, Silent War, Captain America, Superman. The Dark Tower, X-Factor, Justice.

yeah man, the last issue of Civil War was disappointing. I was really intrigued and totally got into Civil War, but the payoff just wasn't there, just like House of M. It kinda just ended. Okay, so Spider-Man outed himself but aside from that and the death of Goliath (C-grade character, at best) nothing really happened to the Marvel U. Even Reed and Sue Richards didn't split up for long. I was waiting for for the Stamford Mom to reveal herself as Loki and Thor to make his return (officially, not just picking up Mjolnir and disappearing in a bolt of lightning), but I guess not. Also, I figured the Marvel Illuminati would be outed at some point during the Civil War. I don't know how I feel about Marvel right now, I may just start sticking with the Ultimate Universe from now on (I smell Ultimate/regular Marvel U crossover coming).

After all I've herad about characters being out of character, I think I'll stick with the parodies of Civil War.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part4

Part 5

Part 6

Links found in: http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/smf/in...p?topic=23318.0

And speaking of Ultimate Universe, just checked when the last issue of the Ultimates is coming out... and it's been pushed back to April! The only comic I read nowadays and I have to wait three to six months for each issue :D

Well done, O Resurrector. I've gotten into Civil War, but it's gone on for how long now?!?

I just this second finished reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. It was GREAT. Go get it!

also recently read 30 Days of Night. Cute idea, great art, bad writing.

What else.. I'm enjoying Garth Ennis' The Boys, and his new series of the Midnighter is great too. 7 Brothers on the other hand seems more like 'I did it for the money'

I think the new moon knight series, and ghost rider series are pretty good

Ok, Moon Knight, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and Garth Ennis stuff go into must check territory. The Ghost Rider series you speak about kanedaestes is one writen by Ennis? Saw a TPB of it yesterday in a comicshop.

And I still have the shame of not yet finishing Sandman and Preacher :unsure:

I reckon he means the Ennis one. The first miniseries he did I thought was pretty crap but the new one I like. It's Called Trail Of Tears and it's set in the American Civil War.

I'm with you guys on the ending of the Civil War series. Basically nothing happened. It just ended at the same place the first issue ended at.

That Civil War parody was insanely BRILLIANT!!!!! I totally laughed my ass off.

Captain America to Agent Hill: battysezwhat.

Agent Hill: What?

Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!! :p

Cap busting up Shield agents while singing Black Eyed Peas in his head because Luke Cage was messing with is stereo. I frakking loved it!!!!! :D

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Those are great. Part of by big problem with civil War is how do you justify any legitimate threats in the MU. They've essentially created 50 plus superpowered teams in the US alone, with endless resources. What makes any villian or group of villians credible is the notion that they seemingly have the upper hand at some point over the Hero. With Civil Wars conclusion that premise has now been totally eradicated. Another problem I had with it was the resistance's rationale. Did Cap and the others seriously think that by beating up Iron man and his cronies that they would actually change the Law. Civil War should have been fought in a courtroom not in the streets. Millar made all of the heroes into a bunch of moronic simpletons. Marvel what a bunch of cluster F@$%*.

Well I can't wait for WW3 in DC.

Yeah Civil War finally unzipped it's costume to show that it was a turkey all along. It's worst fault was that, like the Ultimates, it was a barely disguised political commentary that is not only BADLY written, but out of date. I've got no problems with how it ended having the 'power mongers' getting the win though, however trite it was. Marvel really needs to fire Joe Q, and put someone in who knows how to do the job because he (and other writers) have turned Marvel into a political stage in which they can preach.

The only hope for any believable realignment for the Marvel universe is the assignation(none of this fake stuff either) of the 'outed' team members family and friends. Which in turn cause some of the members to turn 'rogue'. Pepper Potts and several of Tony's friends need to be permanently off'ed and he needs to kill a few of the murders as they are arrested. Really re-enforce the point of not having your name known, because it clearly didn't mean a thing when May got shot.

After all I've herad about characters being out of character, I think I'll stick with the parodies of Civil War.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part4

Part 5

Part 6

Links found in: http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/smf/in...p?topic=23318.0

And speaking of Ultimate Universe, just checked when the last issue of the Ultimates is coming out... and it's been pushed back to April! The only comic I read nowadays and I have to wait three to six months for each issue :D

Ok, Moon Knight, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and Garth Ennis stuff go into must check territory. The Ghost Rider series you speak about kanedaestes is one writen by Ennis? Saw a TPB of it yesterday in a comicshop.

And I still have the shame of not yet finishing Sandman and Preacher :unsure:

Actually the series I was referring to is written by Daniel Way. The Garth Ennis one was just a mini series, the one I am talking about is an ongoing series.

Yeah Civil War finally unzipped it's costume to show that it was a turkey all along. It's worst fault was that, like the Ultimates, it was a barely disguised political commentary that is not only BADLY written, but out of date. I've got no problems with how it ended having the 'power mongers' getting the win though, however trite it was. Marvel really needs to fire Joe Q, and put someone in who knows how to do the job because he (and other writers) have turned Marvel into a political stage in which they can preach.

The only hope for any believable realignment for the Marvel universe is the assignation(none of this fake stuff either) of the 'outed' team members family and friends. Which in turn cause some of the members to turn 'rogue'. Pepper Potts and several of Tony's friends need to be permanently off'ed and he needs to kill a few of the murders as they are arrested. Really re-enforce the point of not having your name known, because it clearly didn't mean a thing when May got shot.

Some of comics best thought of stories have had some political commentary involved. Its nothing new. Besides, this was an industry that was nearly destroyed in the 40's and 50's because politicians thought it was UnAmerican and dangerous to read comics. Millar actually did a 180 with the stories conclusion if you prescribe to the notion that he was injecting his own political views. The registration side won. I think the point he was partially trying to make is that sometimes democracies work and people get what they want. Even if what they want is bad or terrible policy. The Nazi's were elected as was Nixon. Sometimes you don't know what you are getting until its too late. Much like what happened in this country after 9-11 which lead to the Iraq war. Caps failing was that he didn't see this until the end. Tony saw that the people didn't trust the Heroes and came up with a better plan than Cap.

My big complaint with Civil War was the premise, the ending, and how out of character many of the participants were.

@GA,

I don't have a problem with them using the current political rheotic. I do have a problem when it's so stupidly blatantly preachy and agenda pushing though. At least they could've made it a point to actually disguise it better with great writing.

I got the impression that Tony knew that it was going to be a "no-win" situation when SHIELD was involved, and since he had the most to lose, and since he's never been a follower anyways Tony went for the power. So I didn't view it as him being pro-'the people', but pro-'self'.

I loathed how OOC the characters were which made it feel even more 'preachy' because it felt like it was coming from a single viewpoint all the time and the characters themselves were just minor 'emotions' that the viewpoint was using to drive it's agenda by.

But, like Impreszive, I've been moving away from the super hero rags anyways. B))

• 2 weeks later...

I should've gotten a copy seeing that Captain America is on my pull list. But the comic shop that I frequent picked a shitty time to not put all of the books I request in my bin. So no I didn't get a copy. Dipshitts!!!!!

Lets see how long Cap stays dead. Marvel has been trying to get a Captain America movie made for some time. I thought he was going to die at the end of Civil War. Nice to see that my prediction turned out to be true even though it was a week late.

Never liked the character. Regardless, I'm not concerned. Comic book character death is about as permament as Hollywood marriages :)

yeah, I'm with you on this. He'll probably stay dead for a while. but then there will be some huge crisis and then we'll see a shot of some figure all in the shadows watching the news and say something dumb like, "Maybe America still needs a hero..." and then we'll see him stand up and OH MY GOD CAPTAIN AMERICA IS STILL ALIVE!!!

:p

Yeah I saw that on CNN.com and was a little shocked but oh well. I think it is all a ploy to let Steve Rogers quit being a superhero now that he lost in Civil War, and like someone said he will be back later when some writer decides that Cap needs to come back. Or they will just let someone else be Captain America for awhile then Steve Rogers comes to kick his ass Bruce Wayne style like in Knightfall

I've read the issue and related ones.

In Civil War :The Initative 01 Ms. Marvel was speaking to Spider-Woman and she said, "He's not"

S.W. "What?!"

M.M. He's tucked away safe on the Raft. They are trying to save his life even as we speak"

I can email it to you, if you doubt.

I've read the issue and related ones.

In Civil War :The Initative 01 Ms. Marvel was speaking to Spider-Woman and she said, "He's not"

S.W. "What?!"

M.M. He's tucked away safe on the Raft. They are trying to save his life even as we speak"

I can email it to you, if you doubt.

I finally got my copy of CaP #25 and read it. I still haven't read the Initiative yet. In the last issue of New Avengers Someone dressed as Ronin and Daredevil both appeared together to save the current Ronin from the Hand. I was thinking that the Ronin impersonator could be Steve Rogers who merely went underground. Also Nick Fury has used robot doubles in the past to throw people off. This could be one of those situations except maybe Cap pulled a fast one on everybody else. There is a rumor that the Punisher could become the next Capt. America.

I finally got my copy of CaP #25 and read it. I still haven't read the Initiative yet. In the last issue of New Avengers Someone dressed as Ronin and Daredevil both appeared together to save the current Ronin from the Hand. I was thinking that the Ronin impersonator could be Steve Rogers who merely went underground. Also Nick Fury has used robot doubles in the past to throw people off. This could be one of those situations except maybe Cap pulled a fast one on everybody else. There is a rumor that the Punisher could become the next Capt. America.

I think The new Ronin might actually be Night Thrasher.

I think its just a matter of time till cap comes back, the dude's got a movie coming out in 2 years, he won't be dead for too long. I bet marvel just pulled this stunt to keep readers reading after civil war(the nextbig thing)

Cap's death should've been at the end of Civil War and not in the individual issue of Captain America IMHO. He will come back, but hopefully not a for a couple years, but since there's a Captain America movie coming, I'll say sometime around when that hits theaters. Anyway, hope that either Punisher or Bucky or both take up Cap's mantle.

I'm looking forward to DC's WW3, but shouldn't it be WW3 version 4.0 or something like that?

For better political/social commentary in a comic, check out DMZ from Vertigo, very well done.

Yeah I can't wait for WW3 as well. Black Adam is going to open can of Whup A@# on intergang. I was disappointed to see Isis and Osiris bite the big one. I was really starting to feel for their characters, and I liked the idea of a Black Marvel Family. But a kinder, gentler Black Adam is not in the cards.

• 3 months later...

Holy smoke!!!! Just finished reading Berserk Vol 22 where Griffin came back with his new Band of Hawk. The fight between Guts and Zodd at the hill was amazing. And then the new members of the Band of Hawk were revealed one by one.

Berserk is definitely back on track after the detour to the Holy Iron Chain and that buffoon inquisitor Lord Mozgus. From now on it will be the battle between Guts and Griffin again ^_^

OH MY GOD!!!! Vol.26. Guts put on the Berserk armor!!!! and he frought like Eva 001 at 400% sync. Must keep downloading... ^_^^_^^_^

Edited by Mowe

Arh......rh.......!!!!!!! the Apostle just turned into a Fire Dragon. Guts the savage beast VS the Master Dragon Apostle. On my god, oh my god, this is going to be one hell of a battle...more vodka...more vodka...more vodka :wacko::wacko::wacko:

O..H... M...Y... G....O.....D......!!!!!!

Did I just see what I just read..... :o Guts' arms and legs were pretty much dislocated into peices by the Fire Dragon but the Berserk armour twisted them back into position by bracing itself onto the muscle and bone like reinforcing steel...that is one image I didn't see it coming....ouch!!!! :o :o :o

Master Miura, you are now offically my no.1 manga artist... I am on my knees :wub:

Edited by Mowe

O..H... M...Y... G....O.....D......!!!!!!

Did I just see what I just read..... :o Guts' arms and legs were pretty much dislocated into peices by the Fire Dragon but the Berserk armour twisted them back into position by bracing itself onto the muscle and bone like reinforcing steel...that is one image I didn't see it coming....ouch!!!! :o :o :o

And just you wait until you get further down the road. You’re in for some BIG ass battles (and some gruesome sights) ;)

Master Miura, you are now offically my no.1 manga artist... I am on my knees :wub:

Hell yeah!