Maybe they were smart and didn't do like most comedy trailers and put in all the funniest scenes. Or there just aren't any really funny scenes.

I will wait on a review before spending any money on this, and it better be a damn good review.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure there was a movie in the past year or so where I recall ragging on the trailer pretty hard, and the movie itself ending up being good. Don't remember what movie it was, though.

I don't get the whole Ghostbusters hate train. I loved Bridesmaids, Spy was fun, and Paul Fieg just makes funny movies in general. Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, and Kate McKinnon are all hilarious. And IMO, the original Ghostbusters just isn't a funny movie. The sort of "gee aren't I clever" slightly witty humor of Bill Murray doesn't do it for me.

I mean you guys are trashing this movie already from this one trailer that doesn't look bad at all. Do you really think they're going to put the best jokes in the trailer? When you say this movie is going to be terrible, based on nothing, I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have anything to do with misogyny.

I don't like Paul Feig's comedy. Or Judd Apatow's for that matter. I don't find most modern, popular comedies funny. I like humor that's smart, witty, or even better, satirical. Paul Feig's work is none of those things. But that's all besides the point: the trailer stinks.

You want to call me a misogynist for not liking a trailer of a movie that you really like, well, that doesn't say very much about you, does it?

Edited by Duke Togo

I don't get the whole Ghostbusters hate train. I loved Bridesmaids, Spy was fun, and Paul Fieg just makes funny movies in general. Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, and Kate McKinnon are all hilarious. And IMO, the original Ghostbusters just isn't a funny movie. The sort of "gee aren't I clever" slightly witty humor of Bill Murray doesn't do it for me.

I mean you guys are trashing this movie already from this one trailer that doesn't look bad at all. Do you really think they're going to put the best jokes in the trailer? When you say this movie is going to be terrible, based on nothing, I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have anything to do with misogyny.

So if I don't find those three women you mentioned funny I'm a mysogynist? Get out of here. Based on their performances they feel canned, like three women teying to be "Hollywood" nerds, not real, and natural. And of course tjere's the zany black girl. Winston was genuinely funny and down to earth and real, not all "waz up!!!" Like this character here.

I like the way the effects look, I don't like the way these women behave. I work with some REALLY nerdy and REALLY brilliant women and these four feel like forced caricatures. The original four felt loke four guys I know and have worked with. These four women aren't real at all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just saw the commercial trailer for first time just now. i'm not sure yet what to think.

maybe i bit too much CGI feel like SW episode one?

They're trying too. Damn. Hard. Don't care about the cast of women, but I do think, so far, that this movie is too earnest about being funny.

Dunno about proton pistols, or a proton knuckle buster either.

That said, I laughed out loud at "The power of pain compels you!"

I also like the new Ecto 1, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I'm keeping an open mind, but the trailer hasn't made me make this movie a "must see."

Edited by Sildani

Look... if someone had a good story or script, I'd be all about this movie. It wouldn't matter if the Ghostbusters were all girls or all horses.

But at no point since this turd's been announced have we seen any evidence of that. From the get-go, the pitch has been "Let's do Ghostbusters... except this time they're all women!" That's not a plot, and hardly an idea worth building a movie on.

And for the record, I like Melissa McCarthy. I thought Spy was a fun way to spend an afternoon (although Statham stole the show there). But whoever started this notion that Kristen Wiig is funny should be publicly shamed.

i just saw the commercial trailer for first time just now. i'm not sure yet what to think.

maybe i bit too much CGI feel like SW episode one?

The ghosts look like Ben Kenobi's force ghost on LSD. They don't look like apparitions or specters at all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The ghosts look like Ben Kenobi's force ghost on LSD. They don't look like apparitions or specters at all.

honestly, i thought i was watching a cutscene from a ps2 game

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The idea of an all-female Ghostbusters is not bad; it's just that this new film executed it poorly. Very poorly. In the original, Peter, Ray, and Egon were quirky scientists, while Winston was a former Marine that just needs a job. These women, on the other hand, are just phoning it in. Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Kate McKinnon as scientists are as convincing as Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough. And Leslie Jones is, sadly, the "token black person" stereotype. The original jumpsuits were nothing short of iconic; these new ones scream "bargain bin".

This reboot fails on all levels and is easily in the running for Worst Movie of 2016. The Sweded version in Be Kind Rewind is a much better effort.

Edited by areaseven

The idea of an all-female Ghostbusters is not bad; it's just that this new film executed it poorly. Very poorly. In the original, Peter, Ray, and Egon were quirky scientists, while Winston was a former Marine that just needs a job. These women, on the other hand, are just phoning it in. Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Kate McKinnon as scientists are as convincing as Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough. And Leslie Jones is, sadly, the "token black person" stereotype. The original jumpsuits were nothing short of iconic; these new ones scream "bargain bin".

Yup, Harold Ramis Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray all played believable quirky guys. And Ernie Hudson was great as the straight man. The three "scientists" are playing "Hollywood Nerds" and the black girl is just playing the token black role.

Edited by Mommar

Summer is meant for guilty pleasure movies and like I said above if the movie gets good ratings I'll check it out.

Maybe, but this one looks more like a guilty torture. The black lady's character being the worst of the lot - only way they could have made it more cliche would have been to cast a white woman in black face.

They're trying too. Damn. Hard. Don't care about the cast of women, but I do think, so far, that this movie is too earnest about being funny.

Dunno about proton pistols, or a proton knuckle buster either.

That said, I laughed out loud at "The power of pain compels you!"

I also like the new Ecto 1, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I'm keeping an open mind, but the trailer hasn't made me make this movie a "must see."

Agreed. I did laugh/snort/chuckle a few times during the preview, but nothing in it really compels me to do more than wait for it to appear on the movie channel.

That said, I am interested in one thing: aside from the preview acknowledging the first movie(s?) briefly, will the movie mention them? Go so far as have some of the original Ghostbusters make a cameo appearance?

At the very least, the movie has got me asking: how did they deal with ghosts in the intervening 30 years? (Which hits on one of the reasons why I dislike Ghostbusters 2 - sure, they caught all the ghosts in the tri-state area (or wherever), and turned to kids birthday parties to make a living, but what about ghosts farther afield? In other countries? Will this new movie handle those kinds of thoughts in the viewer better?)

Agreed. I did laugh/snort/chuckle a few times during the preview, but nothing in it really compels me to do more than wait for it to appear on the movie channel.

That said, I am interested in one thing: aside from the preview acknowledging the first movie(s?) briefly, will the movie mention them? Go so far as have some of the original Ghostbusters make a cameo appearance?

At the very least, the movie has got me asking: how did they deal with ghosts in the intervening 30 years? (Which hits on one of the reasons why I dislike Ghostbusters 2 - sure, they caught all the ghosts in the tri-state area (or wherever), and turned to kids birthday parties to make a living, but what about ghosts farther afield? In other countries? Will this new movie handle those kinds of thoughts in the viewer better?)

I thought they where bard from Ghost Busting and all the ghosts they caught where all released when the first movie ended!