Had this been the trailer, my reaction would have been totally different. It's still Paul Feig, so I'm skeptical, but this looks much better.

Much much better, the sad part is that editing often makes or breaks a movie (often terribly so) and a fan did a far better trailer in less than a day, with footage only available from the publicly available footage...

The "fan edit" is just to cut out all of the bad "nerd acting."

yeah but that made my interest perk a bit then I remembered the first trailer and cringed again.

Precisely ;)

Chris

Not sure why everyone is suddenly the trailer police. Looks like a good movie to me. Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, and Kate McKinnon are all awesome. Paul Fieg hasn't let me down yet.

Although I am disappointed that the black character is a total stereotype.

I'm willing to give this one a chance. If, for no other reason, then to see how the new Ghostbusters set up shop in a Chinese restaurant.

Stantz: "This magnificent feast here represents the last of the petty cash."

Venkman: "Hey, slow down. Chew your food."

Tough crowd. I thought the international trailer was a better cut than the U.S. trailer.

I haven't watched SNL recently, but I like how the new Ghostbusters is a parallel to the old having sketch comedians in lead roles. It's too bad there isn't something like SCTV on anymore, because that was also a good source for talent.

International trailer...

It actually makes the film look worse and more obnoxious.

The only thing I can say about this trailer is that Chris Hemsworth, the one who ISN'T a supposed comedian, can deliver a joke better than the other four put together. Still looks like a terrible Ghostbusters movie.

The only thing I can say about this trailer is that Chris Hemsworth, the one who ISN'T a supposed comedian, can deliver a joke better than the other four put together. Still looks like a terrible Ghostbusters movie.

Which joke and how was his deliver better?

Someone showed that international trailer to me and I thought it was a joke; yeah I think it looks that bad. So is this the latest fad in Hollywood? Instead of just reimagining old films and franchises like Star Trek and Mad Max, we're going to crap all over them and then slap their historical greatness in the face with garbage like this? And I don't care if this is a reboot or a sequel; it's just BAD. This makes Ghostbusters II look like a freakin masterpiece of film and theater...