Robotech Academy - You want a new Robotech series...?

The tragic part is that HG asked the fans to foot the bills for the new animated Robotech project .... :wacko:

Nah, that part was pretty entertaining... but to seriously try to present themselves as though the Robotech franchise is doing quite well for itself is bad comedy, this fiasco's the closest they've come to getting new material on television in almost three decades of trying. I honestly feel a little bad for them. They just want to recapture the magic of watching (a bad dub of) Macross back in the 80's, and they get their hopes up just to get them dashed over and over again.

Sigh ..... That's why it is almost pointless to remind 'em fans why RT II: Sentinels the way it is .... PttSC and RTSC went the hard way of MOSPEADA-izing Robotech.

I wouldn't really say they MOSPEADA-ized Robotech, since the part they were trying to branch off from WAS MOSPEADA... which they tried to Macross-ize by including things like VF-1-style Super Packs for the Alpha, Macross's Skull squadron (under another daughter of Max and Miriya), Wolf squadron (from their Macross Saga video game), and the (rejected) transforming colony ship.

Minmay you're so beautiful!

Frdntlm.png

Wow... Minmei's ripped.

This is priceless. From the neck beard:

Oh yeah, those guys are really close to a new show. :lol:

I never payed much attention to Robotech.com. It just seemed like a dead-end to me, even if I was a big fan (and still enjoy the books for what they are.) But... really? Let's just compare what is and isn't more likely. In the last six years there has been a new series, two movies and at least three video games. Right now I have fully six different VF-25's, all in various stages of naked, super packed, armored and Tornado's on the way. Plus two different types of 171, naked and armored with a third variant on the way. Four different types of YF-29, both naked and with super packs. Plus, forth-coming (less than a week) will be the YF-30. What has Robotech given those guys? The "likelihood" of more Macross is... not likely, it's eminent. Robotech... squat. Enjoy the squatting, neck-beard.

I think Robotech fans are making me hate Robotech. lol

Let the thread run it's course... those that are just trying to get it shut down on purpose are just trolling. If you're tired of it, stop coming here.

The thread has already been scheduled to lock at a pre-determined time.

Poor Rabid, that Ottselspy25 guy is probably giving him an ulcer from the sheer stupidity of it all.

I gave up after he first stupidly claimed that the Protoculture Edition used the same sound effects as the classic, just 'upgraded' and then claimed the new ones were because they couldn't recreate the original sounds cause the machine was broken. Never mind that such things are done with software and have been so for decades now....

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Okay so from reading this thread and the Robotech.com forums I think I now understand Robotech and Harmony Gold. Reminder I wasn't even born when Robotech was airing so I don't know too much about it. But from what I've gathered, if it weren't for Robotech all of us technically wouldn't be alive and Harmony Gold pretty much created the sci-fi and romance genre. I think I got that right?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Okay so from reading this thread and the Robotech.com forums I think I now understand Robotech and Harmony Gold. Reminder I wasn't even born when Robotech was airing so I don't know too much about it. But from what I've gathered, if it weren't for Robotech all of us technically wouldn't be alive and Harmony Gold pretty much created the sci-fi and romance genre. I think I got that right?

Yes!

I think after a decade, we get it. The RT super-duper fanboys will say anything. There's no point posting it here. Not like it hasn't been done before. After this long, it's not even funny.

HG shouldn't have promoted RT:A as a Kickstarter project. Atleast reserved it as sort of a graphic novel or a new Robotech comic series to reboot the RT II: The Sentinels. The fact that HG refused to even fund the animated RT:A is a glaring example.

It speaks volumes as mentioned on previous pages.

I've also a feeling that RT:A several mechanical designs might be picked up and appear in future RT RPG by Palladium. Atleast it can be properly salvaged.

IIRC, Yune said the designs would make their way to Palladium @ SDCC. Whenever they get a chance. So fans can get their fill in RPG-format.

I have a sinking feeling that Creavision is being roped in by HG for another project. That could easily be RT: Shadow Rising, if that production ever see light of day. Creavision may have signed on perhaps to replace the Korean studio, DR Movie which contributed to the animation for RT:SC.

Creavision won't signed on unless 'something big' is being thrown its way. I speculate it could be Shadow Rising. It could very well be since the way DR Movie (and Tommy Yune's too) designs in RTSC are almost universally frowned upon (big racks, anyone?) ....

We shall see. Hopefully, Creavision is trying to look for other work if they want to continue in this line of work. They should be whoring themselves out anyways. It's what these studios do. They go from one project to the next. It's what every FX groups does.

My wife saw watched the video for a few seconds and said the balding asian has no sex appeal whatsoever.lmaol That just came out of nowhere. Before anyone gets upset my wife loves asian guys. Just not Tommy. Edited by cypherxv

For this reason, I thought it was important to pursue the original producer of the show, Carl Macek, and really have him aboard working on this with us. And we were working with him for a few years, the last few years of his life. Unfortunately, he passed away right in the middle of us working on Robotech Academy. His idea was, yeah, he thought you could make it work, but you didnt have to dumb it down.

Holy.. Sh**,

Really? 4+ years they worked on RTA, and that KS was all they had to show?

How does he stay employed?

.... is that a repainted He-Man figure in a skirt?

There's no way that figure is Minmei, right? Or at least not something done legally with a proper license ( I hope!),

There's no way that figure is Minmei, right? Or at least not something done legally with a proper license ( I hope!),

Pretty sure that's legit, one of the original Robotech action figures.

's one of the reasons that it's hard to classify even the "original" Robotech as a successful series, even though it lasted at least one complete broadcast run. It was trying to push toys, and due to some screwball shenanigans with Revell and the general low quality of the mostly misaimed stuff they did produce, they were completely plowed-under by Hasbro's Transformer and GI-Joe lines.

Toynami was actually a pretty big step up for them in quality, but still pretty iffy.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I feel bad for Robotech fans with the death of this misguided and poorly managed KS. That said, I hope they finally realize Robotech for what it is: a show that was pretty cool in its day but a day that's long since passed. Maybe some of the die-hard RT fans will wake up and move on to support far better productions. Hell, maybe some of them will even find their way here so that they can continue to enjoy the Macross universe. Without drinking the kool-aid, Macross (the real variety) is a far better production that also has a much brighter future than whatever s%$tshow HG has been trying to peddle for nearly 30 years now.

Just sayin' RT fans, come on over to MW...valkyries will continue to fly around here for some time to come.

Holy.. Sh**,

Really? 4+ years they worked on RTA, and that KS was all they had to show?

How does he stay employed?

I thought that carl kept the Academy mostly secret and didn't share much information on it. How could they work on it for years?

And yea,if the did, why did it seem that nothing was planned out? Why not show some original sketches or macek's own notes and brainstorming. Bunch of BS

I thought that carl kept the Academy mostly secret and didn't share much information on it. How could they work on it for years?

And yea,if the did, why did it seem that nothing was planned out? Why not show some original sketches or macek's own notes and brainstorming. Bunch of BS

Yeah, I'm gonna call baloney on Tommy's comment. "Working on it when he passed away" probably translates to: "Carl mentioned it for half a second while eating lunch".

I think they actually had a seance and asked their good buddy Carl for help writing the script from beyond the grave. But they spilled coffee on the ouija board halfway through, so that's why they say he only wrote part of it.

Or, you know, that they want to throw Macek's name around and plaster it to everything because he can't defend himself anymore and they think it gives them some credibility/deniability.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Let the thread run it's course... those that are just trying to get it shut down on purpose are just trolling. If you're tired of it, stop coming here.

The thread has already been scheduled to lock at a pre-determined time.

100% bet RT will not close their kickstarter thread.

because they're so desperate to have traffic. they'll let it sit and sit and sit until finally no one posts anymore out lack of new things to talk about since they're doing nothing new. the only thing that keeps it going right now is answering the blind fans who keep defending HG, most of the conversation has expired. once that dies all that's left is defending the dvd re-re-re-release by lionsgate. RT is so happy they got some recent attention. Even though they don't realize people posting feedback for a repeatedly failing to finish have no interest in the site and are going to leave once they're finished venting.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Didn't Tom Bateman mention a while back that, last time he spoke to Carl Macek, Carl's "vision" was still basically to go back and finish Robotech II: the Sentinels?

Of course, considering the demonstrated quality of Carl's writing and concept work... I'm not sure showing Macek's original notes or brainstorming material would be any better than the garbage that Harmony Gold DID show. The man was not great at coming up with original material.

Yeah, I'm gonna call baloney on Tommy's comment. "Working on it when he passed away" probably translates to: "Carl mentioned it for half a second while eating lunch".

Ten to one, the "Robotech Academy" was meant to be something that showed up in Carl's plans for a Sentinels revisit in just one or two episodes, and Tommy simply took that one concept and turned it into the entire premise so he could technically be telling the truth when he said it was (part of) Carl's vision.

100% bet RT will not close their kickstarter thread.

because they're so desperate to have traffic. they'll let it sit and sit and sit until finally no one posts anymore out lack of new things to talk about since they're doing nothing new. the only thing that keeps it going right now is answering the blind fans who keep defending HG, most of the conversation has expired. once that dies all that's left is defending the dvd re-re-re-release by lionsgate. RT is so happy they got some recent attention. Even though they don't realize people posting feedback for a repeatedly failing to finish have no interest in the site and are going to leave once they're finished venting.

They'll keep it alive until it turns into too much of a trollish, mutually-hostile flame war for them to stomach... then they'll lock the thread, on the grounds that the contributors are posting material that is "abusive" of Harmony Gold.

THIS is how Tommy Yune responds to his shortcomings......

Regarding Love Live Alive.....

"Did this project take too long? Absolutely, this should have wrapped up much earlier. Unfortunately, the original producer Carl Macek passed away at the onset of work to put all this together (as well as other projects such as Carl Macek's Robotech Universe). To call his untimely passing a setback would be an understatement."

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2180291&forumid=31&pagenumber=7

This is know as ....."Blame the dead guy.".....WTF?

You have to wonder how they will explain or "place blame" on this Kickstarter as time goes by.....

:angry:

Didn't Tom Bateman mention a while back that, last time he spoke to Carl Macek, Carl's "vision" was still basically to go back and finish Robotech II: the Sentinels?

Ayep. Several people said the same thing when they talked to Carl shortly before he passed away.

Ten to one, the "Robotech Academy" was meant to be something that showed up in Carl's plans for a Sentinels revisit in just one or two episodes, and Tommy simply took that one concept and turned it into the entire premise so he could technically be telling the truth when he said it was (part of) Carl's vision.

Again, for 2! Robotech: Mars Force to the rescue!

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=1285854&forumid=11

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

If this thread has just regressed to pointing and laughing, then it should be locked.

I am here because I love Macross, not because I hate robotech. I don't want any passerby to misunderstand what we do here.

"Did this project take too long? Absolutely, this should have wrapped up much earlier. Unfortunately, the original producer Carl Macek passed away at the onset of work to put all this together (as well as other projects such as Carl Macek's Robotech Universe). To call his untimely passing a setback would be an understatement."

That's... appalling. I always figured that Harmony Gold would eventually stoop to using Carl's death as an excuse for a project's delays and/or failure, but that kind of goes a little bit above and beyond. That's almost a statement of "Carl's death completely screwed us".

Again, for 2! Robotech: Mars Force to the rescue!

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=1285854&forumid=11

"Everything old is new again" seems to be Harmony Gold's favorite unspoken motto.

If this thread has just regressed to pointing and laughing, then it should be locked.

I am here because I love Macross, not because I hate robotech. I don't want any passerby to misunderstand what we do here.

Suddenly you're bigger? This threads basis was based on the fact that even before we knew of failure it was a point and laugh scenario.

This is just more info for future fans and passerbys to understand how HG's shinanegans have always played out.

Leaving it as a warning even. There is no good coming out. Robotech shall always remain Robotech. Maybe Maceks vision was that no matter what people come in between his idea, and the universe. The original Robotech will forever remain a champion of western culture. Without the internet, bootlegs and torrents, most of us wouldn't know the source material. Without the burned image of the greater story. Robotech stood it's ground over the years, almost as much as Transformers and GIJoe. It's pop culture. No matter what the stooges under Yune and company lie about, pretend to be a Macek vision or what not. His original idea, stays a legacy among North and South American fans.

What we all see here, is a desperate grab for the last remaining threads of decency that may have been left at HG.

By claiming this was Maceks vision, then saying he worked on it up until is passing. To having little to nothing to show

For 4+ years of claimed work on RTA, just shows no class. Ironic Academy / Class.

Hey, we totally should do some kind of Robotech Academy flash animation (like /m/ did) to show our support to Robotech fans... we have some skilled artist here, right?

Edited by Gerli

Hey, we totally should do some kind of Robotech Academy flash animation (like /m/ did) to show our support to Robotech fans... we have some skilled artist here, right?

I'd rather see some Southern Cross flash animation since there are a few fans here and we are the most maligned and ignored fan community that I am aware of.....