VF-25 Super / Armored Parts advice..

spanner

The Armored Parts for Ozma arrived this morning.. I gotta say it was quite a painful challenge getting it all together and standing upright!

From what I could tell the parts have been used / fitted previously and some things were a little loose and floppy like the top mount missile launcher bays which sit either side of the head. Did a small modification hack to the ball joints in an effort to stiffen them up a bit and they now sit a little better.

I swapped out the chest plate inward opening missile bay doors in favor of the outward opening doors as one of the doors was floppy and had some yellow paint spill on the inner side which looked crap.. manufacturing defect I assume? I did manage to scrape some of that paint off but I wont be using it. And the left upper leg section cover for all its worth simply wont fit properly. Its sitting on there ok now but if just doesn't lock in. Yes I did take the intake fan covers off..

All in all Ozma looks totally bad ass! And it all just fits in between the shelves! The upper missile launcher bay doors have about 1mm of room to spare when fully opened..

Clearly Bandai intended these parts to be fitted only when the Valkyrie is on the display stand but as the shelf height on the Klingsbo is much shallower than the the Detolf for example I am unable to have it setup on the stand..

I guess I could remove one of the shelves and put more on them on the stands but I think the display would look shite.. might give it a go in the future who knows..

Also had to rig up a post from a small Minmay figure I had which now supports the weight of the parts from behind. Can't say I like having it there visible but at least Ozma is able to stand up without toppling over.

Was a little frustrating to get it all sorted but its done and im happy! For a while there I was thinking stuff it I won't fit the parts but im glad I persisted with it all!

Here are some photos..

post-21335-0-88992200-1405048595_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-47383500-1405048658_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-21705300-1405048684_thumb.jpg

The Armored Parts for Ozma arrived this morning.. I gotta say it was quite a painful challenge getting it all together and standing upright!

From what I could tell the parts have been used / fitted previously and some things were a little loose and floppy like the top mount missile launcher bays which sit either side of the head. Did a small modification hack to the ball joints in an effort to stiffen them up a bit and they now sit a little better.

I swapped out the chest plate inward opening missile bay doors in favor of the outward opening doors as one of the doors was floppy and had some yellow paint spill on the inner side which looked crap.. manufacturing defect I assume? I did manage to scrape some of that paint off but I wont be using it. And the left upper leg section cover for all its worth simply wont fit properly. Its sitting on there ok now but if just doesn't lock in. Yes I did take the intake fan covers off..

All in all Ozma looks totally bad ass! And it all just fits in between the shelves! The upper missile launcher bay doors have about 1mm of room to spare when fully opened..

Clearly Bandai intended these parts to be fitted only when the Valkyrie is on the display stand but as the shelf height on the Klingsbo is much shallower than the the Detolf for example I am unable to have it setup on the stand..

I guess I could remove one of the shelves and put more on them on the stands but I think the display would look shite.. might give it a go in the future who knows..

Also had to rig up a post from a small Minmay figure I had which now supports the weight of the parts from behind. Can't say I like having it there visible but at least Ozma is able to stand up without toppling over.

Was a little frustrating to get it all sorted but its done and im happy! For a while there I was thinking stuff it I won't fit the parts but im glad I persisted with it all!

Here are some photos..

Congrats spanner76! Taking pics of the VF-25S with Armored parts took me the longest amount of time due to the balancing issue. Its ok, though I like how awesome it looks.

Here are some photos..

Ahhh that's a bit better! made up a new support for the armor parts.. sits more level & stable now!

and no ugly base..

Very nice. Good work with the support, clever stuff.

Here are some photos..

Like many moments in life, all men remember that singular beauty that comes when they get their first armored 25s DX.

Spanner. How are the wings holding up with those booster packs? Mine is floppy. At one time I have to use fishing nylon string to keep the wings folded back.

The back does fall back due to the weight. Here you can see I prop the back up with Oakley case. They just made RX-78 head as a trophy. Back story knife fight between the two while Michael distract the Gundam from a distance. Lol.

1074388_10151760005352861_2128023495_o.j

Spanner. How are the wings holding up with those booster packs? Mine is floppy. At one time I have to use fishing nylon string to keep the wings folded back.

The back does fall back due to the weight. Here you can see I prop the back up with Oakley case. They just made RX-78 head as a trophy. Back story knife fight between the two while Michael distract the Gundam from a distance. Lol.

1074388_10151760005352861_2128023495_o.j

Its only early days yet but I think I have the rear of Ozma supported pretty well at the moment.. I don't plan on moving Ozma around much if at all so hopefully it won't turn into a floppy mess.. His right upper arm shoulder joint is already a tad on the loose side which is disappointing considering it was a brand new sealed Valk.. I make it a point to not mess around with any of my Valks too much aside from minor display re-positionings or dust cleaning.

Hehe!! tell Michael to pull the trigger! ;)

Its just left over frame from a model kit.. you know the surround which holds all the bits before you cut them off etc etc..

Cut them down to size and super glued it all together. Easy!

That's what I thought it was but just wanted to make sure. :) Thank spanner

Like many moments in life, all men remember that singular beauty that comes when they get their first armored 25s DX.

Yes, that's why I took so many pictures of the Armored 25s, so I can remember that moment and so I don't have to transform it to see it in different modes. :)

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2014 at 8:44 AM, Saburo said:

That's what I thought it was but just wanted to make sure. :) Thank spanner

Yes, that's why I took so many pictures of the Armored 25s, so I can remember that moment and so I don't have to transform it to see it in different modes. :)

Yep, mine are in fighter mode forever lol, until I remove the armor. I had fun trying the other modes then went back to fighter and never looked back.